HELP!!! Need advice or suggestions on how to cover door panels in viynl???

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
Tims98frontier
Car: 1998 Nissan Frontier

I know how to mold and custimize the panels but I don't want to paint them I want to cover in viynl. Anyone with any ideas or suggestions would greatly help in my custimization of my 98 frontier.Here is the before shot.This is after fiberglassing and bondoing on the pass side

420sxse
Car: 92 s13se coupe

I was thinking about doing mine in leather or vinyl too. What I was thinking was; cut the pieces to lay on top of the dash/panels (use something like Elmers glue or somrthing else weak to temporarily tack the vinyl on there and mark the edges), hem the edges for a clean look, give the trim surfaces a rough sanding, and glue the covers on. I wouldn't wrap the vinyl around the edges of the trim pieces ar anything like that 'cuz they probably wouldnt fit right afterwards. It may be a tough job if you have to use multiple pieces to get it flat over the more severe bumps and curves. That's probably the biggest concern and what was pissing me off when I tried to re-upholster my seats (cutting the pieces to fit just right and remain flat) I said #%&@ it, I have better things to waste my time on, why the hell do I have a job if I'm not going to get things off E-bay. Where I had to sew the seat fabric, you could just glue the vinyl pieces on top of each other and make it look real nice. Any actually helpful comments would also be appreciated by me as my interior sucks (damn Georgia/Florida sun).

Regards,Captain Obvious
Modified by 420sxse at 12:20 PM 4/24/2005

SickImports
Car: 1994 Nissan Altima 4 Door

Tims98frontier wrote:I know how to mold and custimize the panels but I don't want to paint them I want to cover in viynl. Anyone with any ideas or suggestions would greatly help in my custimization of my 98 frontier.Here is the before shot.This is after fiberglassing and bondoing on the pass side
If you would email me at [email protected] Thanks got to ask some questions.

PoorManQ45

Did you make tha tkick panel while it was in the vehicle! Couldn't you hav eremoved it first? Either way it looks good. Note: If you knew tha tyou were planning on covering it with vinyl you didn't have to use bondo. It just adds weight.

Is that a Coaxial AND a midrange there?

PhopsonNY

zerothread?id=116887

He did an excellent job

Return to “Interiors”