HELP-Got wiper refills, now HOW do I install them??

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Head_Unit
Car: 2008 EX35

From
wiper-blade-refills-not-available-t511304.html
I ordered the wiper refills.

BUT how the heck do I change them???

I know each wiper has different mounting methods and idiosyncracies, so I don't want to stumble in blindly and break something. Searching quite a bit has yielded no instructions-someone have a clue?

RedwinGV
Car: 10 EX35 AWD Journey
08 Acura MDX

So are folks saying that one can't just get new blades? I looked at the mount and it looks like others I've replaced? Maybe that's taking the support and was as the blade?

Head_Unit

Oh, I think you can get the whole new blade, but the refills are much cheaper. Then again, as I found on my Mercedes, it can be a real hassle to figure out HOW to put in the refills, therefore many people change the whole blade. Also many don't realize you CAN refill the wipers (I think some of the companies originally didn't have refills at all, but now do).

RedwinGV
Car: 10 EX35 AWD Journey
08 Acura MDX

Yeah I see that. Funny thing is that unless I'm hitting the wrong places, the refills aren't that much cheaper than the entire blade assembly.
I do like the look of the EX's wipers. I hope I don't loose it when I replace em- whether it's the blade or the whole "blade." I'll have to take a look at them.

I remember my old benz was a pain to replace the blades. I said heck with it and just did the assembly. I think it set me back about 5 bucks more and like 1/2 hr of fighting with putting them on.

Head_Unit

Many thanks...but, HUH? Something seems lost in the "translation" (if you can call it that).

Arriba la Japlish! :crazy:

Besides not saying HOW to remove the blade (which might be in this thread, I can't see it right now, but seems weird for the instructions to omit that), #2 just doesn't make much sense. I find it hard to believe you just pull out the blade refill without somehow unlocking it, since LOCK is discussed in step #3...
...they could have saved money and just printed
1) Change the blade refill.
:rotfl

I'll have to give it a whack in the daytime when the car is here...

sashki2
Car: Altima 3.5SE Coupe Manual Transmission
Infiniti EX35

Any luck?
I ended up replacing mine with new blades because the price of the new blade was the same as a refill and it looked almost identical.
When I looked on the removed OEM blade briefly, the refill replacement didn't look straight forward

Head_Unit

Haven't had that car here to monkey with it.

For a Benz, I ended up having my local shop change the whole blade. Expensive-but working much better now. I think with these specialized cars, trying to save money seems to just eat a LOT of time trying to figure things out...

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

I wish Steve would chime in... and tell us how it's done.

yvnrg1981
Car: 2011 EX35 Journey AWD Delux Package

are the original wiper blades for infiniti the mitsuba...???like the nissans? If they are i found a thread for acura tsx and it seems like they are the same blades. here you go this might help

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701505

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”