Wiper Blade refills..not available??

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
rayc325
Car: Platinum Graphite EX35

Platinum Graphite FX35

Hi,

I went to the dealer the other day to get some wiper blade refills for my FX and my wife's EX. They gave me blade refills for the FX, $11each, but wanted to sell me the whole wiper blade, $22 each, for the EX saying refills were not available. I know I have purchased refills before but the guy said no I couldn't have. When I got home I found that the drivers side wiper blade for the FX is the same size as the EX but the passengers side is a bit smaller..Anyone run into this..?? or have the part numbers I need.. :wtf2: Thanks

txgcoupe
Car: 2007 G35 Coupe/ 2010 EX35

rayc325

Platinum Graphite FX35

I really don't want the whole blade, just the refill. That is the picture he showed me too.

That shows the whole blade for an MSRP of $18.57 and the dealer wants $22..for each one!!

txgcoupe

txgcoupe

Get the Trico break-to-fit refill. 17" to 24"
http://www.amazon.com/Trico-Products-47 ... 378&sr=1-3

rayc325

Platinum Graphite FX35

Thanks! Is that part number for both? I don't think I should have to replace the whole blade every time I need new wipers. :nono:

Head_Unit
Car: 2008 EX35

Bless you!

$10 for shipping from the link...but we'll see how much the dealer wants. If they're selling at retail, maybe a wash...plus the trouble to go there, though I happen to be going kind-a by a dealer tomorrow.

Head_Unit

$19.08 including shipping!

By the way folks, it does NOT work if you select the model, year, etc. for some reason. Go to
https://www.infinitipartsexpress.com/oe ... parts.html
and punch in the numbers in the box. They are called
" REFILL-WIPER BLADE A "

Head_Unit

Finally changed these-it was quite easy! :mike

Look at http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701505 :bowrofl:
for some pictures, although not as clear as I'd wish. And MY camera has a dead, non-charging battery :mad:

Anyway, let's start with putting the blade assembly back on. It just slides into the J-hook on the wiper arm, and there's a springy plastic tab/arm which then snaps into a hole on the arm to lock the blade assembly in place.

So to replace, FIRST put some kind of protective towel or something on the windshield, so if you accidentally let the arm go it won't crack the windshield.

Then, squeeze in the plastic tab and the assembly just slides right out of the J-hook. :)

Look along the blade holder: one end has a little triangle, and next to that on the blade it should say "LOCK." Once you have the blade out, you'll see that on the inside there is a little plastic tab sticking in from each side; the tabs pop into the dimple on the blade and keep it from sliding out. So try to visualize that as you basically take a small screwdriver and pry out one side of the blade. Don't pry right where it says LOCK-you'll break the plastic tab. Pry between LOCK and the end of the blade. You're basically levering out the metal insert* out from under the plastic tab. Once one side pops out, you can get the other side, then pull the rubber blade + metal spines. Mine slid right out, no problem.

It was quite simple, I was surprised. Sounds/looks more complicated than it really is (GRRR I wish my camera was working...) Slide the new blade in carefully, be sure to push it under the LOCK tabs, pull it end-to-end to be sure it's locked, and put the whole assembly back on the car. Done!

*The "blade" has 3 parts: the rubber part, and a metal spine along each side which is not actually attached to the blade.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”