Have a 96 200sx se-r how to turbo

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
Hzomega
Car: 96 Nissan 200sx SE-R

ok i have a 200sx that i want to turbo but it being an OBDII, i've seen that most swaps for that car are OBDI is that true or false. give me help please where should i get gti-r or bluebird dunno give me all ur opinions please laterz

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Lots of options here man.

OBDII shouldn't stop you, there are ways of passing emissions with OBDII (ways I will implement sometime between now and December, seeing as I'm turboing my '01).

You could swap a turbo motor in, then set it up to look US legal.

Or, you could turbo your DE and use what it already has. Of course, your second O2 sensor will trip, throwing a code, so move it behind the cat. Your EGR will also throw a code. Plumb it into your downpipe and you're good to go. I'll be doing those very things on mine once it's running.

As far as what to swap in, you could put in a motor from a Bluebird or GTi-R or Avenir (most common 3 there). The GTi-R has a T28 turbo, the other two have a T25, but different T25s. The Avenir uses a ball-bearing T25, while the Bluebird doesn't.

My donor turbo is from an Avenir. The manifold bolts right up and everything ends up lining up pretty well as a whole. I like the ball-bearing, small turbo deal because it spools faster, and response is my goal, but that's just me.

The parts are pretty common, it shouldn't be expensive to do if you find out exactly what you need. Plenty of B14s have been turbo'ed.

Here's one - http://www.brazosport.edu/~lshadoff/turbo/

Yes, he used a Hotshot kit, but most of the process is the same no matter what you use. That is a HIDEOUS hood scoop...

Anyway, lots of options, give me a little more description of what you want and I can help you on your way.

Hzomega

thanks man really appriciate it. keep the ideas comin. thanks for the replies

nametakennow

Is it an SE-R or an SE/GXE? If it's not an SE-R, it didn't come with an SR20DE, in which case you're going to not have a lot of options. I forgot to ask that in my first response.

Hzomega

it is se-r sr20de motor. yessss siirrrrrr with 157,000 miles and still running F***ing strong. i have done some suspension work. like lowered on agx shocks and unknown springs they are blue and s-t sway bar kit. a cat-back 2 1/4 exhaust and hi-flow cat i found a jdm motor $800 motor,tranny, and ecu. wat yall think, plus s&h give me a holla. my car is all black new paint job.

nametakennow

What's the motor from?

Shoot up a pic too.

Only springs I can think of that are blue are Sprints... real low? Not great spring rates, but if it's drop you want, they'll do it.

With turbo you'll want a bigger exhaust.

Where's your source on this engine? Do they have a warranty or anything?

Hzomega

http://flashoptions.com/produc...ID=19 this is the web site and u can see the $800 motor

nametakennow

zerothread?id=16806

Not a good idea . Try Soko. I forgot their website, though, but I know a few guys here have done business with them and had very good experiences (RED_DET and AZHitman, I believe).

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”