Do not recommend Flash Options

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

Between the broken english, the horrible shipping time and customs, and them sending the wrong engine, I dont recommend them at all.

I guess my friend must be the only one with horrible experience with flash options. He ordered an S14 front clip (with all the goodies, digital AC, triple cluster, no panals) a couple months ago. Got to Long Beach, had to ship it up to Seattle. Then the port wouldnt release it without approval of the EPA, then the importer in Seattle wouldnt release it until one of the shipping companies in LB released it. So finally we get it back to his house today (after a couple weeks and $200 dollars to get it out). Looks a little small to hold a front clip so we figure must just be cause of no body panals nor wheels. Open it up and here is what we find...

S13 black top engine, transmission, ic and piping, random parts from an S13 clip such as the front axle, a bunch of cylinders (clutch brake etc.), the ecu, cluster, what appears to be a complete harness, two sets of 1989-1994 180SX taillights (WTF), and about 20 floor mats from random cars. NO radiator, and of course NO S14 front clip.

Condition: The brakes connected to the axle are absolutely useless, they look like they were recovered from the Titanic. Engine is dirty as hell and had rat sht all over it. Compressor is very hard to turn and the seals are probably goners. Engine mounts are gone. Oil pan will definately need replacing as the stock one is bent heavily. Thats what I remember from memory.

Needless to say after the trouble importing and the lackluster engine we recieved, FA better send us alot of free crap (such as a turbo that works and a radiator) or else I wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

Edit: Appearantly FA sent us the wrong engine (duh) and they say they will send us an S14 clip through GA to avoid customs. However it wont arrive for 2 months. The engine they sent us was 'supposedly' going to Japan to be fixed because I guess its messed up. This is still too bad for my friend since he will be out of a car for a couple more months.

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

ill buy the tail lights off ya :)

James
Car: Nissan S14 tuned for the Shuto Expressway

An I got dibbs on the engine harness and CASHell, how much you got into the engine, or what would they just right up sell it to you for, you can part that sucker out almost.Email me if you guys would be willing.-James

the_invisible

This is ****ing messed up. 20 floor mats? Are they trying to make up the missing clip and wrong with floor mats and tail lights? WTF?

It's funny you said that you don't recommend it to anyone, hell, I would tell people to stay away from them and boycott them.

Bunch of crooks. Dishonest and immoral. Even if they ended up sending you the right engine, I still wouldn't buy from them because of the kind of people they are.

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

front axel's?

you lost me there.... send us some pics of the clip (or what they sent you).

thanks

Paul

issanni

Why go through all the hassle with Flash Options? There are tons more reputable sources to get good engines from in this country. And the prices that Flash Option has for their engines are just not worth it at all. Maybe if their clips and engines were going for less than $1000, I can see some people justifying buying from them. But I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm working 40 hours overtime this week alone (that's on top of the normal 40) just so I can buy my engine from a US source. And I think waiting more than a month to get your motor is just stupid, unless you know you're getting a good deal.

martin

Movingviolation240 wrote:front axel's?

you lost me there.... send us some pics of the clip (or what they sent you).

thanks

Paul
Cross member & front suspension would be my guess.

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

or maybe the front half of the driveshaft (that's what they call an axel on their website)

I H8 UR DSM

And remember they have admited doing business with JSPECAUTO (ebay scammer), and SilviaGirl claims that she does business with/through them too (shady in many ways), so they aren't necessarily affiliated with the best people around....

JESSE

sultan

aww, they can't be that bad, they're going to start selling the AE86 engine.....oh wait, nevermind. why the hell would they do that?

the_invisible

Here's what SpeedRacer1 posted on the other forums.

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

dude that stuff all looks like POOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Holisticbeatz

Whoa, scrap metal from Baghdad.

godspeed

so wait do you get to keep both now, b/c that isn't to bad

slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

haha accediently send them a empty crate,, or maybe goto a yard and grab a scrap KA and some tailights a seat or two and then ship it back.. say thats what they sent you... or just pack up a dead cow and mail it to them... but i recomend not giving them back the motor and taking another correct order from them... maybe this was implicts motor that was sent back, but actually sent to you instead !!!

issanni

slw240sx wrote:haha accediently send them a empty crate,, or maybe goto a yard and grab a scrap KA and some tailights a seat or two and then ship it back.. say thats what they sent you... or just pack up a dead cow and mail it to them... but i recomend not giving them back the motor and taking another correct order from them... maybe this was implicts motor that was sent back, but actually sent to you instead !!!
LOL, yea, it just might be implicit's motor. That's a good idea, you can put my KA in the crate you send back, it's quite possibly the only engine in worse condition than the one they sent you.

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

you might have a problem getting a dead cow though customs, but then again, that would just cause more problems for FO. :D

SpeedRacer1

They want the SR back, but who really wants to send on of these things back to Japan. My friend is just going to try and buy it from FO really cheap, lets face it, its 'broken.' Honostly I think the engine is fine and FO was making excuses to get it back into their collection. We may open it up and take a look this week, since now we will not be doing the S14 swap for another couple months.

issanni

That sucks that they want it back. Now they want you to pack it back up, then handle all the shipping bs yourself. That has to be a pain and a half in the ***.

kingsoup

Holy schnikey! Thats rough, although I read that Flash options reimburses with goodies for screw ups.

I LOL when I read about the floormats.

SpeedRacer1

Yeah if anyone is looking for horribly dirty floormats from old Malaysian/Japanese cars I think FO has the hook up.

flashoptions

HAHAHA , very funny.. Listen here, it's someones mistake, either the shipping agency or one of our illetriate worker that put there s14.They look alike, so i guess maybe one worker put it wrongly.

And from the metal crate, I'm very sure he got it from our pile that will be shipped back to japan to get it refunded.This is very bad and that day itself one of my colleague contact Alex Park to discuss and offer him a few deals.

He still wants the S14 which we'll sent it to him.So we'll sent it to him again this time.

2nd) we will take back the sr20det black top for refunding, Keep updated, we'll have plenty in this forum when speedracers gets a new motor without any extra cost.

NEW MOTOR , FREE SHIPPING ONCE AGAIN, plus we'll see if we can throw in some free blow of valves, etc..etc.. for him..

free goodies bags and also we'll throw in more DIRTY FLOORMATS... from JAPAN!!

GodzillaFan

flashoptions wrote:and also we'll throw in more DIRTY FLOORMATS... from JAPAN!!

LOL!!!:cwm27

Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

Dirty floormats can seal *any* deal!!

the_invisible

Dirty floor mats can cover anything, from shame to pain.

SpeedRacer1

flashoptions wrote:He still wants the S14 which we'll sent it to him.So we'll sent it to him again this time.

2nd) we will take back the sr20det black top for refunding, Keep updated, we'll have plenty in this forum when speedracers gets a new motor without any extra cost.

NEW MOTOR , FREE SHIPPING ONCE AGAIN, plus we'll see if we can throw in some free blow of valves, etc..etc.. for him..

free goodies bags and also we'll throw in more DIRTY FLOORMATS... from JAPAN!!

I just dont understand you guys, first you send Alex an email saying he can KEEP the broken S13 SR and he can also have his S14 clip. Then the next day you ask for the S13 engine back or are forcing Alex to pay $2800. Now your website lists S13 blacktop front clips for $2600, and the engine sitting in his garage is not even a clip as anyone can clearly see which makes it worth more like $1300. The turbo on that engine is seized and leaking oil out the compressor and the so called other part of the clip (the axle) is completely useless.

Although Alex was dissapointed that you guys changed your minds after you told him he could have it , and are holding his rightful clip, he is willing to make a deal with you so check your email.

As much as we would love to send the clip back to you guys, its honostly really inconveniant to do, you must understand that we have no idea how to send it back and this would require much work to do on our part that we feel would not be reimbursed at all (from the said amount you told us you would give us for returning the engine).

Alex just wants his S14 clip, BOV's and extras arent necessary as long as he gets the right engine in good condition. (Besides what are we going to do with the floormats that are now lining his garage like a walkway??!?!)

the_invisible

DIRTY FLOORMATS... from JAPAN, free goodies bags, free blow off valves, etc..etc.. can cover up anything, even s14 engines and the inconvenient of sending the engine back, which is impossible to do.

Nathan

Perhaps Flashoptions should not use your friend's full name on a public forum either...if they had sent me that piece of crap I'd be most pissed!

martin

Let me make sure I have this right.

- Customer sends you money for goods.- You ship scrap instead of what he pays for.- He has to clear it through customes etc. and go to more expense to even look at, and discover he has received scrap.- He informs you of the error,and you tell him to keep the scrap and you'll send him the correct goods, but he'll have to wait another month or so.- Then you decide that you actually want the scrap back, so that you can get a refund from your supplier.- And until you get it back you won't ship his rightful goods, which he has paid for.- Now he has to go to more expense and time, to somehow arrange shipping for this scrap before you'll send him his goods that he paid for probably 2 months ago?

Then you have the audacity to post that you'll give him FREE SHIPPING AGAIN, and throw in some inconsequential crap?

All the guy wants is what he's already paid for, get him his clip, and forget about the scrap that you already sent him. If you ever expect to do business with anyone from this list again you'd better sort this out in such a way that this customer is praising you up and down and sideways.

If I was him I'd be contacting whomever it was you were toting as having international business licenses from a few months back when everyone was so dubious about doing business with you. I'm sure they'd be very interested in this.

If I have the facts wrong please correct me, but this is what it sounds like to me.

For you consideration: I have a shop and do swaps. Customers ask me all the time where they can get engines, clips etc from. I have suggested Flash Options on several occasions. Until I see and hear about a reasonable outcome to this situation Flash Options is on the "Avoid at all costs" list for my customers.

-Martin.

SpeedRacer1

Martin, You've pretty much nailed it.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”