Gran Turismo 5 (Official Thread)

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
DrJuice164
Car: 04 G35 Coupe

I know back in the day we NICO had a gt4 time attack challenge going. Anyone care to put something like that together for GT5.

BTW my PSN = NICO tags.

Quote this list and add your self.

NICO USER ID / PSN USER ID
asoomal
Razi - Razi--
tigersharkdude - tigersharkdude
takethewall - GTP_takethewall
RCA - cabrita309
biggie - biggie240
alms24sebring - FFXOciffercop
ProudNissanFreak - ObliviousSeeker
FlatBlackIan
dasoupdude
Speedy7_7
bware113 - bware113
iaum09 - iAUM09
Mad Hatter - LethalReaper
Drjuice164 - Drjuice164
Last edited by DrJuice164 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProudNissanFreak
Car: 2005 Imaginary WRX STi, 2003 Civic

I'll put that up for this week or next, depending on how many people show.

RCA

GT5: SSD vs HDD

Epic post on GTPlanet

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthrea ... ost4289607

Red coupe
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Coupe

Good game, but this AI is amazingly wtf bad.

One tried to sneak up on the inside of me last night, made contact with my right rear fender and instead of backing off at all he basically pushed me sideways through the whole turn. uggg.

RCA

Red coupe wrote:Good game, but this AI is amazingly wtf bad.
No joke...
Intermediate rally stage

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvPdgXGc0JA[/youtube]

Also I sent a bunch of you dudes a friends request.

ProudNissanFreak

^ :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That's f*** hilarious :rotfl

Oh, and the "social networking" feature of GT5. I'm higher than all of you in levels, and tied with takethewall in A-Spec :chuckle:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s ... r-browser/

ProudNissanFreak

5.5 million sold, series hits 60 mil!

http://www.gtplanet.net/5-5-million-cop ... 0-million/

RCA

ProudNissanFreak wrote:I'm higher than all of you in levels, and tied with takethewall in A-Spec :chuckle:
Not so fast champ...

It hasn't updated since yesterday either. I'm level 15 now.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Some one send me a message if yall get any online racing going any night between tonight and Sunday night.

I'm on level 19 on A and B, working on getting them to 21 to beat the Like the Wind race to get the cars to finish the Expert Series.

ProudNissanFreak

biggie wrote:Some one send me a message if yall get any online racing going any night between tonight and Sunday night.

I'm on level 19 on A and B, working on getting them to 21 to beat the Like the Wind race to get the cars to finish the Expert Series.
I'm hosting a meet on Sat night, 9PM EST. I'll send out invites, link to blog for info is a few posts above.

@ RCA

My driver sucks now :(
He used to win everything flawlessly, but now he just drifts around every corner then spins out, lol.

RCA

ProudNissanFreak wrote:
biggie wrote:Some one send me a message if yall get any online racing going any night between tonight and Sunday night.
I'm hosting a meet on Sat night, 9PM EST. I'll send out invites, link to blog for info is a few posts above.

@ RCA
My driver sucks now :(
He used to win everything flawlessly, but now he just drifts around every corner then spins out, lol.
No mental strength... hahaha

I won't be able to attend any NICO GT5 events until maybe Tuesday. As I write I am taking a break from my final project for my MIS course.

But soon I hope to meet up with you guys in my sweet red 1998 300zx :naughty:

ProudNissanFreak

No worries dude. Good luck on finals and stuff!

Red coupe
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Coupe

Man, how are you guys spending so much time on b-spec?

Watching the computer drive your car around in a racing game is the worst idea ever.

RCA

Took another break from the project... :gapteeth:

ProudNissanFreak wrote:No worries dude. Good luck on finals and stuff!
Thanks broseph.
Red coupe wrote:Man, how are you guys spending so much time on b-spec?
Watching the computer drive your car around in a racing game is the worst idea ever.
Same races over and over (80's Jap Sports car) with my beefed up 89 300zx while I do my project. I never touch the "pace up" or "pace down" buttons. I just watch the money pile in while I do other sh*t. :dblthumb:

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

yeah B-Spec is pissin me off. Its boring and yes, all my driver does is spin out and/or goes sloooooooow around turns.

Does anybody know how to get the Corvette C5R or C6R? (its my favorite)

Great races PNF. I whored out GT3 and played through GT4 twice so I know the levels pretty good...

RCA

alms24sebring wrote:Great races PNF. I whored out GT3 and played through GT4 twice so I know the levels pretty good...
Partito Nazionale Fascista???

:squint:

ProudNissanFreak

Good racing last night alms. Will try to be on tonight at 9, might be a bit late; playing tennis then going to the store to get cases and stuff for my new phone. Looking forward to more racing! Add your ish to your favs! :P

RCA

I just received a semi-racing flywheel from x240sxDrifter for the Holidays! Thanks a ton dude!

My gift to the NICO GT5 community
Well, I actually did pre-order at gamestop and got the code. Once they sell the game, they just punch a button and a separate receipt prints out with a redeemable PSN code. So here's where it gets important. The code I received said it was invalid when I tried to enter it. So I called my gamestop and just told 'em that the code I had received was coming up as already used. The guy at the register just printed out a new code and just read it out to me. The new code worked perfectly. So here's what you need to do, call your local Gamestop and just repeat my story, they'll probably hook you up with a new code. I just called best buy and walmart and failed at getting the other cars, turns out they have other systems in place to dispense codes. Target rep didn't have any idea as to what I was talking about and asked me to call back tomorrow. If you guys have any tips on how pre-orders were handled at other stores please post so we can try to exploit them. I really do want that NSX and the 787B!!
http://www.reddit.com/r/GT5/comments/ek ... en_f1_and/

I got myself a free Mclaern Stealth and NASCAR w/ GT skin!

biggie

Yeah, game stop had the nascar and Mclaren as preorders. They saved me a ton of time since you could use the McLaren on a lot of stuff in the begginning.

I got to level 22 on Bspec, still trying to find something that can win: Like the Wind, GT All Stars, and Historic Supercars. Seems impossible at this point.

The Nascar series on Bspec wasn't too easy either. Could never get 1st place on Grand Valley or Daytona.

alms24sebring

Yes I will add to favs when I can. Like I said, I have finals this week so probly wont be till thurs or fri, but definantly the weekend.

Tigersharkdude, quit fakin, add me fooo!

RCA

biggie wrote:Yeah, game stop had the nascar and Mclaren as preorders. They saved me a ton of time since you could use the McLaren on a lot of stuff in the begginning.

I got to level 22 on Bspec, still trying to find something that can win: Like the Wind, GT All Stars, and Historic Supercars. Seems impossible at this point.
Save up 4million, reach level 24 and buy the F1 car from the used car lot. There is no other way.

alms24sebring

Thats a pretty big upgrade from the start. Im hatin' on that.

Im still at like $500,000 and just started pro races. sad face

RCA

That is much better than I was when entering Pro races. The reason I f'ed with B-Spec is because I needed an infusion of cash!

But eventually you will be matched up VS some serious automobiles and the only way to compete (especially in B-Spec) is with that F1 car.

I am sure the Expert Series will have an F1 only race to make the game impossible to beat...

ProudNissanFreak

I can't beat Like the Win and the Nascar series. I do have a Nascar, but damn it's hard to control with the analog stick. So, I'm just griding to level 22 then doing the other races. Oh, and PD fixed the Birthday spam exploit :(

biggie

RCA wrote:
biggie wrote:Yeah, game stop had the nascar and Mclaren as preorders. They saved me a ton of time since you could use the McLaren on a lot of stuff in the begginning.

Save up 4million, reach level 24 and buy the F1 car from the used car lot. There is no other way.
May need to. I'm on level 23 for Bspec now. But only at like $700k.

Mad Hatter
Car: 97 Nissan 240sx, 94 BMW 325is/m3

I bought the Zonda R 09 in the dealership for "Like the Wind" after building several high end cars to attempt to use. Costs like $2.6million but its fast and hugs the road like a race car. First one was easy, beat it first try. Indy is hard but still beatable with the Zonda. I keep getting 3rd due to being ran off the road on the last straight away, but i lead for most the laps. You pretty well have to have a car that hits 250mph to even stand a chance.

And I hear ya on the Nascar races being hard with the analog. I'm about to buy a steering wheel, but not too sure if thatll help the situation

I was reading on another site and a guy claimed he beat Like the Wind with a stock Veyron :chuckle:
Last edited by Mad Hatter on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

alms24sebring

hmm sounds like a piss-me-off-er later in the game.

Is there really an adavantage in Bspec like alot of money and/or good cars? I so do not wanna do Bspec mode.

ProudNissanFreak

alms24sebring wrote:hmm sounds like a piss-me-off-er later in the game.

Is there really an adavantage in Bspec like alot of money and/or good cars? I so do not wanna do Bspec mode.
Just make really fast cars, let your driver do the races (the laps are double that of A-Spec), and go do something til he's done. That's what I do, lol. 884hp lambo against 300 hp "tuner cars" :chuckle:

RCA

For those of you who are stuck and beginning to grind for money...

Sweet breakdown of most money & EX per minute
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/gra ... pid=941103

biggie

alms24sebring wrote:hmm sounds like a piss-me-off-er later in the game.

You get money and different cars. As said just put in a much faster car and let it run while you watch TV or something.

Return to “Gaming”