Getting rid of the Gap- spring questions

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
austin713
Car: 2011 M37

Ive got the non S model, with 20" gunmetal wheels on it. I thought i could live with the gap but its just too much. Ive lowered cars in the past and regretted it because it greatly degraded ride quality and i had tough times getting in and out of driveways. can those with Eibach or Tannebe springs chime in? how has your ride quality changed if at all? is the drop too much to where speedbumps are now like going up curbs? also if you dont mind sharing, what did you pay for install?

Oh and Pics of before and after appreciated!

Heres a picture of what she looks like now.

http://i.imgur.com/eSS83aV.jpg

beachbum718
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37 S

Forget springs.get bc coiloverss.set it to the height you want.you don't have to go crazy low if you don't want too.here's my car slammed.bc coils.springs do a half an inch if that.

parkstr8r
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q70S
2016 Gt-R
2018 Audi Q7
2016 Audi S6 (gone)

I have a new Q70S and put the Tanabe springs on...as it is a mild drop. Even with the mild drop there is a noticable difference in the ride quality - not bad, just different.

I haven't taken pics but will try to and post them.

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

I have the m37s and even with the sport springs I still had noticeable wheel gap, got a set of eibach springs which lowered it an 1 and 1/2 but to me the gap is still just a little annoying. I will be getting some coilovers soon, don't know which one's yet, still researching. Here are some pictures. Be sure to click on the link inside my 5th response I think

coilovers-for-m37-t598797.html

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

First off, I like your M OP, gunmetal goes really well with the Silver.

As far as the drop, I have Eibach springs, and it isn't as low as I want it to be. Looks better than stock, but I'm still considering coils everyday. The ride quality definitely suffered a bit, it isn't "cushy" at all, yet not necessarily race car jarring. Just somewhat abrupt over bumps, more so than a luxury oriented car should be. Speed bumps are a non-issue, my car is a non-Sport so the front bumper isn't low at all, I think the Aero bumper would be the only one to be concerned about with scraping. Ultimately, I'd recommend coilovers after my experience dropping this car on springs. I'm not too big on BC, but if your car isn't AWD Tanabe may be the way to go.

austin713

beachbum718 wrote:Forget springs.get bc coiloverss.set it to the height you want.you don't have to go crazy low if you don't want too.here's my car slammed.bc coils.springs do a half an inch if that.

Eibach is like $200 and BCs are like $1500. big difference. especially since im not planning on tracking the car and its just for apperance only.

austin713

Altered wrote:First off, I like your M OP, gunmetal goes really well with the Silver.

As far as the drop, I have Eibach springs, and it isn't as low as I want it to be. Looks better than stock, but I'm still considering coils everyday. The ride quality definitely suffered a bit, it isn't "cushy" at all, yet not necessarily race car jarring. Just somewhat abrupt over bumps, more so than a luxury oriented car should be. Speed bumps are a non-issue, my car is a non-Sport so the front bumper isn't low at all, I think the Aero bumper would be the only one to be concerned about with scraping. Ultimately, I'd recommend coilovers after my experience dropping this car on springs. I'm not too big on BC, but if your car isn't AWD Tanabe may be the way to go.
Thanks! did you get it aligned after the install? were you able to get it back in spec?

frybecker1
Car: 2011 M37 Sport

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

beachbum718
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37 S

austin713 wrote:
beachbum718 wrote:Forget springs.get bc coiloverss.set it to the height you want.you don't have to go crazy low if you don't want too.here's my car slammed.bc coils.springs do a half an inch if that.

Eibach is like $200 and BCs are like $1500. big difference. especially since im not planning on tracking the car and its just for apperance only.

BCs are 1000.and easier to install.and look better then any spring company.you can fine tune the dampening to ride better the springs with stock struts any day.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”