Get to know your fellow Q45r's

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Q_SHIP
Car: 1999 Q45T with a billion miles.

I think a good way of seeing how some people are is by the music they listen to. Whats in your changer right now? Me, I have a lot of different tastes.

1. Jay-z and various hip hop

2. Various jazz

3. Van Morrison

4. Sublime, 311

5. Various House tracs

6. New age rock

How about you? What do you jam to in the Q?

Death by Mullet
Car: 94 Q45

Got the I-Pod hooked up with a few thousand songs. But most listened to are: (Just tracked the ups, my new rims are out for todays delivery! woohoo!)

Blink

System of the Down

Deftones

Skynard

Tool

Zeplin

Jesda

This should be very interesting, as Q owners are spread out from ages 17 to 70.

I usually listen to XM 90s or the local country stations. As far as MP3s, its usually these:

1. Ace of Base2. Rascal Flatts3. Maroon 54. The Who5. The Eagles6. The Backstreet Boys7. Tears for Fears8. Michelle Branch9. Kelly Clarkson10. Stevie Wonder11. Fleetwood Mac12. Audioslave13. Godsmack14. Powerman 500015. Led Zep.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Welll lets see..

in my 6cd i have a bunch of burned CDs, and a techno CD I found in the car...

90% of the time I listen to XM, and i have the 80s, 90s, all the "today" stations, and the disco station all preset...

As far as actual bands, i have quite an array.. My playlists are quite similar to what jesda has, except I have a lot of coldplay, linkin park, the killers, and so on... Basically anything but country and rap for me... Some rap is OK, its hard to say no to "lean back"

rsiwicki
Car: 95 Q45T

In the changer

5 Different Depeche Mode CD's of Various Club Only Mixes (friend of mine is a DJ for club so she burned them for me)TiestoPaul Van DykeGeorge AcostaDJ Scot ProjectAnother Tiesto I think....can't remember as I have been in S. America for the past 2 weeks returning this weekend)

XM - Radio....three stations onlyThe Move - 80BPM - 81The System - 82

Q_SHIP

BPM is cool. If you like jazz, check out watercolors.

96Qowner
Car: 1996 Q45

Hmm, you're gonna make me admit to being an old fart.

SadeMark Knoffler/Dire StraitsNatalie MerchantSarah McLachlinEmmylou HarrisBob SegarNorah JonesLyle LovettSantanaAaron Neville

Falkdesigns
Car: 1998 Q45t ~ EXE

AirLCD SoundsytemAnanda Project - relightDJ KicksM83various mix (Happy Mondays, UNKLE, Siouxsie, Fischerspooner, Sisters of Mercy, Basement Jaxx, Finley Quaye, Dandy Warhols)

Death by Mullet
Car: 94 Q45

Yo Jesda,

I think you had a type error or black out when you typed #6

Mullet

jamesmost
Car: "95Qmodded, Benz wagon 4matic , 1986 MB 560sec

RS u r a freakazoid - u back from ur trip?? did not lay on my film yet, and have started to incur a/c issues

led zep, live who, rolling stones,GD, etta james, nelly (yeah), little feat, hendrix, marley, ozzy

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

I too am on XM 90% of the time. I listen mostly to 61 & 62 (neosoul), but I have been listening to 71 (watercolors), and 72 as of late. From time to time I'll hit up 80, 81, & 82 when I feel like hearing it. When I'm driving home I tend to tune into Nancy Grace on CNN (123) for her show. I think she's hillarious with that accent of hers (especially when the Michael Jackson trial comes up). XM comedy is ok sometimes (150).

Of course I also like 65, 66, & 67 (hip hop), and my oldies on 60 & 64.

For the individuals, I'm into neosoul or r&b if you must. I like Kem, Angie Stone, Musiq, Floetry, T.H.U.G. (the house of urban grooves), The Gap Band, Sade, The Isleys, Brian Culbertson, Anthony Hamilton, Mary J. Blige, Van Hunt....that's all I can think of right now. Those artists keep me around the speed limit

louiegz
Car: 2003 BMW 330i, 2007 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Well, I dont have the CD player in my car, but I still keep a crapload of old cassettes in my car. First of all, I'll start by saying that my favorite is…

Sting and The Police.

Other bands I like…

YesU2 Pink FloydDave Mathews BandRush

My teenage years were the 80's so I love 80's music. Bands like…

Duran DuranSpandau BalletDepeche ModeHaircut 100New OrderThe FixxLevel 42Elvis CostelloSade

My preteen years were in the 70's so I like Disco. Yes Disco. They use to play it a lot at our High School dances. I also like newer dance music but not as good as the old stuff.

One thing you guys dont know about me is that I’m a musician. I play bass and guitar. Not very well, but it gave me an appreciation for real music, Jazz. I listen to…

Pat MethenyYellow JacketsWeather ReportCharlie Parker Dave HollandJaco PastoriuosStanley Clark

Last but not least, in the category of, I hate to admit that I listen to this, I like Gino Vanelli. Particularly the Brother to Brother album. For those who dont know who Gino Vanelli is, he's a Canadian singer from the 70's that sang sappy love songs. He had one hit back in the 70's called “I Just Wanna Stop”
Q_SHIP wrote:I think a good way of seeing how some people are is by the music they listen to.
Yes Qship, I agree this is good way to learn about a person. Great thread.

redmanfx
Car: 92 Q45a

Paul AnkaJim NeighborsBjorkJenny's 80's techno tunes70's theme songsThe music from the Movie HairPat Boone

NOT!!!!!

Poppa RoachBreaking Benjamine?? - Can't spell itSublimeNewsboysHome made Christian hard rock CDMetalicaMudvainMorphine

red

ScottJackson
Car: 91 Q45, 92 Q45a, 93 Q45, 79 BMW 635CSi, 95 BMW 540i

no cd changer so just a mix cd in the deck now. On it is Caribou, Great Lake Swimmers, songs from The Life Aquatic soundtrack, Saul Williams, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, and The Decemberists. There's quite a mix of music tastes here. Good thread.

rsiwicki
Car: 95 Q45T

James....yes a madman I am but don't blame me for my type of music, it was my mama's fault and all started when I was 16. She did not like me listening to rap music (mainly because of the lyrics) so I found the next best thing that she could not say "no" which was techno music back then. High energy dance beats without any lyrics for her to ***** about. My cousins from Detroit introduced it to me (where techno began). It pissed her off but she could not say a damn thing....funny thing after 2 years listening to it through high school the stuff grew and stuck to me and has forever since been the main type of music I listen to. I do not do any of the bad stuff associated with that type of music as I am one of the very few who can enjoy that type of music non-stop all day long without any bad little things. I have had many friends/girlfriends freak out that every time they get in my car that is all they hear as they say that leave my car with their nerves all shot. Me....I just enjoy it as each to their own I say. And now for a total twist....my Mom even now likes to listen to the stuff on occassion for which I still can't believe.

I was in Chile last week and on Friday night went to a disco where they had two separate areas.....one more Latin and the other electronica dance music. The electronica dance music was not that popular that night so I gave the DJ 10,000 pesos ($17) to play a few Depeche Mode mixes and so he did and then suddenly this hot a $hit group of girls that had been sitting on their ohh so nice and round Latina butts got up and dancing. Then a bunch others started dancing and before I knew it....the dance floor was packed and we had a hell of a good time as he played some more DM songs later on into the mixes. He had one version that I had not heard before and would not let me buy it off him as I have a collection of DM club remixes but had never heard that mix which was a white label. I return to Miami on Sunday.

Falkdesigns
Car: 1998 Q45t ~ EXE

House, techno and electronica in general has been my favorite type of music since about '87. I really dig some eclectic stuff now, but like you said RS, it stuck to me too. I was going to raves in 89-90 before the term rave and they were still just underground warehouse parties. 18 years later, I still go to clubs when my boy Charles Feelgood plays nearby, whom I've known about that long. I usually don't dance any more, but every now and then I do and it's always a good time.

The funny thing is that just like rap, they said it would never last, and now it's in every other commercial and all over tv and movies. I've never been a fan of commercail music though, and always like the music you have to look for best. I'm lucky to live near KCRW, probably the best radio station I've ever heard. David Byrne gave them huge props saying he can't believe that we have better radio than NYC & Coldplay (& many others) credit KCRW for being the first channel in the US to play their music. Also, many movies use various kcrw DJ's as the music director.

Rex
Car: None

Kid Rock50 CentJay-ZJohn MellencampVan MorrisonJames TaylorAnd a couple with tons of random stuff on them, from Jimi Hendrix to Eryka Bahdu (sic)

vicQ45
Car: 1979 Cadillac Eldog, 1987 Wagovan, 1968 Firebird 400

Mayhem, Gorelord, Darkthrone, old Slayer(i know, i'm evil)

Black Uhuru, Burning spear, Peter Tosh(best reggae ever)

Zep, Stones, Hendrix, Aerosmith(Classics are the best)

Duran Duran, Dead or Alive, Patti Smith, INXS(80s rocks!)

George Clinton, Lakeside(FUNK!)

Jonny Cash(best country music ever![Nu-country blows])

Muddy Waters, BB King, Janis Joplin, Stevie Ray(Blues Baby)

Stray Cats, Nekromantix(Psycho/Rockabilly)

The Exploited, Sex Pistols, The Clash(OI!)

The Dubliners(irish folk music is awesome!)

Wumpscut, Rammstein(industrial is ok when its done right)

Pearl Jam, STP(original alternative is great!)

Run-dmc, public enemy, NWA(old school rap)

MOTORHEAD(Lemmy rocks!)

There's more, but i'm tired of typing. I am a huge music lover. I like pretty much anything except new music made mainly for profit by exploiting whats popular at the time or is just plain obnoxious. Nu-country, Rap-metal, Emo-punk, Emo-alternative, all the new hip hop(fitty, swisha house...). I also can't stand whiney teenager music like yellowcard, linkin park(rock they play on the pop stations :-P) ok enough ranting. these are just my opinions, i respect other peoples tastes in music and understand there can be talent even if i dont like the way it sounds so don't be hatin ;P

vicQ45
Car: 1979 Cadillac Eldog, 1987 Wagovan, 1968 Firebird 400

hehe this sorta applies, but it's funny as hell so get ready for a good larf

top 10 most ridiculous rap/hip-hop pics ever:http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/top10/10rap.html

and the top 10 balck metal pics

http://ruthlessreviews.com/top10/10blackmetal.html

the black metal one had me laughing so hard i couldn't breathe. if anyone here likes metal you'll get a kick out of this one.

EDIT: hehe, this belongs in the others forum

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I have a NEO MP3 player in Q2, but I'd say my most frequently visited folders are Jimmy Buffett, followed by Bruce Hornsby, Dave Matthews Band, Sting... but the tastes run wide... you'll find stuff like a few Fear Factory CDs on there... a whole folder of Christmas music... soundtracks.

Heath

Jesda

Death by Mullet wrote:Yo Jesda,

I think you had a type error or black out when you typed #6

Mullet
I know I'm not the only one!

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

vicQ45 wrote:hehe this sorta applies, but it's funny as hell so get ready for a good larf

top 10 mostyou'll get a kick out of this one.

EDIT: hehe, this belongs in the others forum ridiculous rap/hip-hop pics ever:http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/top10/10rap.html
How DMX didn't win that I just don't know

90Q45blue
Car: 2006 Honda Accord EX-L

In my 10-disc we've got:

1. Kanye West - College Dropout2. The Killers - Hot Fuss3. Burned CD of classic rock (led zepplin, jimmie, stones, etc.)4. Dr. Dre - The Chronic5. Jay-Z - The Black Album6. The Dan Band - Live CD7. Burned CD of random classics (think karate kid, heat of the moment and sugarhill gang on one disc)8. More classic rock9. Techno mix (mostly crystal method)10. Coldplay mix

Now you don't know where I'm comin from!

Nick

90Q45blue
Car: 2006 Honda Accord EX-L

Ma$e wins for best quote though: "If I can't be into something 100%, I don't do it. That's how real I am."

Nick

squeefoo
Car: 1990 Q45, 1994 Maxima SE, 1999 I30, 2003 Maxima Titanium, 2006 Xterra Off Road, 2012 G37XS!

In the changer now:

1. Al DiMeola2. Six Feet Under3. Lamb of God4. Level 425. Will Downing6. Billy Cobham7. A Perfect Circle8. A Perfect Circle 9. Airto Moreira & Flora Purim10. No Doubt (lyric check for kid) It's OK

Plus classical -mostly Italian Baroque w/a little German Romantic period

Lou don't apologize for Gino (What a voice !! and always great drummers) -I have everything he's put out on LP, and just bought my kid the "best of Gino" CD since she wore out the tape I made her.

If you like Mark, Stan, and Jaco, ck out Percy Jones w/ Brand X or "The Bruford Tapes" with Jeff Berlin on bs.

QShip

Miles DavisDizzyWynton MarsalisParkerColetraneAlicia KeyesDonnie McClurkin

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

ColtraneWes MotgomeryGW, Jr.Lucinda WilliamsJoe ElyThe FlatlandersEliza GilkysonMilesVarious adult artist's acoustic recordingsKlughPaul DesmondStevie Ray VaughnLoudon Wainwright

BirdSteely DanBob MarleyJimmy CliffLos LobosTexas TornadosPink MartiniCharley ChristianLee RitenourPat GreenJoe PassPat Metheny (early ECM)

3 magazines ready to go, 1 to be filled
Modified by maxnix at 6:55 AM 6/8/2005

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Heath Bruce hornsby is one hell of a pianist.....!! We got all his CDs

Q_SHIP

90Q45blue wrote:In my 10-disc we've got:

1. Kanye West - College Dropout2. The Killers - Hot Fuss3. Burned CD of classic rock (led zepplin, jimmie, stones, etc.)4. Dr. Dre - The Chronic5. Jay-Z - The Black Album6. The Dan Band - Live CD7. Burned CD of random classics (think karate kid, heat of the moment and sugarhill gang on one disc)8. More classic rock9. Techno mix (mostly crystal method)10. Coldplay mix

Now you don't know where I'm comin from!

Nick
+1 to crystal meth

louiegz
Car: 2003 BMW 330i, 2007 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

squeefoo wrote:In the changer now:

1. Al DiMeola
Squeefoo, you’re the man. Al DiMeola. He's great. I remember back in High School, I knew a guitarist that could play that and he wanted to do “Race with Devil on Spanish Highway” and “Egyptian Danza” for the talent show, but there was now way I could play those bass lines. I forgot the name of the bass player that he had back then. Anthony Jackson, I think, and Steve Gadd on drums and Jan Hammer on the keys. What a band. I also like the trio work he did with John McLaughin and Paco De Lucia.
squeefoo wrote:Lou don't apologize for Gino (What a voice !! and always great drummers) -I have everything he's put out on LP, and just bought my kid the "best of Gino" CD since she wore out the tape I made her.
I didn't think there was someone else that liked Gino. Brother to Brother is one of my favorite albums. He had a good bass player too, Jimmy Haslip of the Yellow Jackets.
squeefoo wrote:If you like Mark, Stan, and Jaco, ck out Percy Jones w/ Brand X or "The Bruford Tapes" with Jeff Berlin on bs.
Yes, I do like Mark King and Jaco. I don't know who Stan is. If you like Jaco, I'm sure you have his solo album that he did with Herbie Handcock. Some of the best bass playing and Jazz that I have ever heard.

I know of Percy Jones and Jeff Berlin but I've never heard the music. I must check it out.

Modified by louiegz at 2:59 PM 6/7/2005

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”