Get to know your fellow Q45r's

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
JT_MONEY_2004
Car: 1990 Q45, Pearl

vicQ45 wrote:Black Uhuru, Burning spear, Peter Tosh(best reggae ever)
With u, plus i'm gonna add to the list, Bob MarleyBeenie ManVarious 'Reggae Gold' albums Reggae Dancehall Mixes and sound clashesAerosmithMaroon 5 --radio onlyMary J.G-unit Jigga -- every album a classicNasR. Kelly --every album a classicLudacrisA Fair share of R&B

*Unlike alot of folks i like morning shows...most*I DON'T LIKE DELILAH!... she's an evening show personality who takes requests and play dedications...sappy and depressing. Anyone hear her in their area...she's sindicated.

Clipboard
Car: 05 Titan XE, 2014 Maxima

Oh-oh - Old Guy Alert!

WagnerDire StraitsMaria CallasKDLangPink FloydThe BandGlen MillerHendrix

ah, well...john

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

I just listend to the local Rock station, the local Christian station, or the Hip-Hop station.

Boy, that is realy diverse!

My I-Pod has Christina, Gwen Stephani, Heart, Led Zeppelin, Michael W Smith, Alicia Keys, Rod Stewart's new albums, my wife's Album (MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!), and a lot of Christmas music.

ddrumman
Car: 08 FX35 39,000 mi, 07 G35 55,500 mi, 72 MGB

louiegz wrote:
Squeefoo, you’re the man. Al DiMeola. He's great. I remember back in High School, I knew a guitarist that could play that and he wanted to do “Race with Devil on Spanish Highway” and “Egyptian Danza” for the talent show, but there was now way I could play those bass lines. I forgot the name of the bass player that he had back then. Anthony Jackson, I think, and Steve Gadd on drums and Jan Hammer on the keys. What a band. I also like the trio work he did with John McLaughin and Paco De Lucia.

I didn't think there was someone else that liked Gino. Brother to Brother is one of my favorite albums. He had a good bass player too, Jimmy Haslip of the Yellow Jackets.

Yes, I do like Mark King and Jaco. I don't know who Stan is. If you like Jaco, I'm sure you have his solo album that he did with Herbie Handcock. Some of the best bass playing and Jazz that I have ever heard.

I know of Percy Jones and Jeff Berlin but I've never heard the music. I must check it out.

Modified by louiegz at 2:59 PM 6/7/2005
Wow, we're talking music in this forum!!!!

louiegz, The drummer on "Race with the devil on a spanish highway" is Lenny White, and Steve is playing on "Egyptian Danza".

Stan is Stanley Clarke, and if you want to check out Jeff Berlin's playing, check out a Bill Bruford cd/record "One of a kind".

As far as what's in the changer Miles, Herbie Hancock, Coltrane, and lots of different kinds of stuff with Vinnie Colaiuta on but I mostly listen to 570 sports radio.

Rex
Car: None

ddrumman wrote:Wow, we're talking music in this forum!!!!

louiegz, The drummer on "Race with the devil on a spanish highway" is Lenny White, and Steve is playing on "Egyptian Danza".

Stan is Stanley Clarke, and if you want to check out Jeff Berlin's playing, check out a Bill Bruford cd/record "One of a kind".

As far as what's in the changer Miles, Herbie Hancock, Coltrane, and lots of different kinds of stuff with Vinnie Colaiuta on but I mostly listen to 570 sports radio.
We are an eclectic bunch .

Herbie Hancock is the first CD I ever bought. How about a little Paul Hardcastle? Or Robert Cray?

I need to find some music

louiegz
Car: 2003 BMW 330i, 2007 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

ddrumman wrote:louiegz, The drummer on "Race with the devil on a spanish highway" is Lenny White, and Steve is playing on "Egyptian Danza".
I was not aware of that. Thank you.
ddrumman wrote:Stan is Stanley Clarke, and if you want to check out Jeff Berlin's playing, check out a Bill Bruford cd/record "One of a kind"
Oh, ok. I just never herd him refered to as Stan, but that makes sence.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Clipboard wrote:Oh-oh - Old Guy Alert!

Wagner

ah, well...john
Boy, if I had Wagner on, I would be out there vanquishing all BMWs to the "Ride of the Valkyrie", and in jail very quickly. I don't even allow myself to put Carl Orff's Carmina Burana in my car, though the music is used inappropriately in most movie sound tracks (e.g. - Excalibur). RTFL(ibretto)!

My favorite quotes about Wagner are "The music is not a bad as it sounds." and "Exciting brief melodies followed by boring half hours."

Maria Callas would be too distracting for me too, but maybe out west it would work.

pito11213
Car: 2002 Chevrolet Suburban

Well my list may reflect my surroundings. 1. G-unit2. Jay z3. Reggae mix CD's4. Hot 97 mix CD's5. Camron6. R Kelly7. Usher8. Biggie smalls

And mostly burned CD's that I made. But I listen to R&B, Rap, Reggae and some alternative. Linking park is cool. And that one song by Cold - Stupid girl. It had a nice beat.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”