G37 S 2013 4WAS

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Stevie27
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37S

Firstly Merry Xmas from over the pond in the UK

Recently my 4WAS light came on and doesn’t clear code C1138 is displayed , when I switch ignition off then on the fault clears but comes back up shortly after starting the engine and driving away .
I have read many a forum topic on the 4WAS system and to me it appears a pile of s*** when it goes wrong, Yes we to in the UK have mechanics and Nissan franchises that can’t tell their butts from their elbows . I have left the car on numerous occasions with mechanics who basically want to swap every bit at my expense.
So my question to you all is simple , is there anyway of preventing the warning lights coming on as we now have in the annual MOT requirements no engine management lights to remain on whilst driving, it would currently fail the MOT hence rendering the car scrap for parts .

So any help or advice would be gratefully received and if you have all the spare parts which you wish to donate to me free of charge I would gratefully accept if not Stay Safe in this mad world

Steve with a sense of humour from the UK

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You may have seen this thread already, it's about as good as you'll get:

4was-failure-statistics-t623077-30.html

There's no simple way to "dummy" the system to kill the lamp. However, it is possible to rework your cluster (or have it reworked) to extinguish the lamp and pass inspection. It's just an LED, it can be de-soldered and replaced with a standard diode to prevent any codes from an open lamp circuit.

Stevie27
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37S

Many thanks for the reply I have two months to try and find the fault otherwise out comes the soldering iron

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”