G35 Relay Control Module (RCM)(Fuse Box)

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
newbieg35
Car: 05 Infiniti g35

Long story short -- I have an 05 g35 and I recently suffered water damage from either the rain or the windshield wiper. I was inspecting stuff and notice the windshield wiper two-part connection busted and the tube from the reservoir was on top fuse box and I do not have a cover on it.

I have a short, I was able to start the car with a multimeter and by swapping the relay from low beam light. The car blew the low beam light relay also. I have to replace the rcm the fuse box behind the battery, it had water all on it.

I called the stealership and they told me $600 but they acted like they are doing me a favor at $542 :chuckle:

The question is can I purchase one from eBay with the same part# and install it plug and play. Would I need to flash it to match my car?

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

The underhood fuse box should not require a flash. Your body control module and ECM are in the interior, not in the cowl, and those are the ones that require a flash before use. AFAIK the under hood fuse block is just a fuse/relay/power distribution module.

newbieg35
Car: 05 Infiniti g35

Thanks. I replaced it and it worked just fine without flashing it.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”