FUEL PUMP OR WHAT?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
hmalright
Car: 1990 infiniti q45

this past sunday, i'd cleaned up my MAF sensor. I followed the directions to the "T". I drove the car 4-5 hours later and had no problems at all. The next morning, she cranked up as advertised and still no problems noted. Later in the day, I started up the car again and there was the rough idle and after it smoothed out, I drove off, stop at a red light and on green, I could feel the car delay quite a bit. She picked up and took off a few seconds later and she drove fine the rest of the day. Now yesterday on my way home from work, i was driving and she cut off while i was driving. I cranked it up on the roll and we made it home with no other problems. This morning she cranked up, no problem. I get to work and an hour later I go to leave and i get nothing. Any guidance out there for me, i don't have a maintenance manual, this website is about it!

96Qowner
Car: 1996 Q45

Is this problem new or have you been fighting it for awhile? If you've been fighting it, it's probably just a MAF that's too far gone. I replaced the fuel pump before the MAF and it didn't help at all. My understanding is that the fuel pump gets VERY noisy before it fails.

I assume you've wiggled the MAF connector while the engine idles. I could be a bad connector.

Quote » This morning she cranked up, no problem. I get to work and an hour later I go to leave and i get nothing. [/quote]You mean it wouldn't start? I haven't heard of a bad MAF even preventing it from starting. You could be dealing with a bad Fuel Pump Control Unit (FPCU).

zerothread?id=120770

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

What year? how many miles? What's it's maintenance history?

BG44K?

Might want to move to the Inifiniti Mechanic Forum.

Jesda

Pull the plug to your FPCU and see if the connector has an obvious hot and burnt spot.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”