EMANCE/Jason review NEGATIVE!!! *Partial*

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Kenne Bell says that if timing is properly retarded and you're only limit is octane related then you can increase boost 2-3 lbs for every FULL octane point. Now I'm not talking about adding a bottle of 104 octane booster here, I'm talking about the over all octane in the tank. Additives usually only raise your octane by point something, like .3 or so.

The key to octane vs boost potential is EGT monitoring.

Using alcohol injection is far easier AND cheaper then running race fuel btw.

WD

BACK ON TOPIC...

Buyer beware if you go with Emance tuning.

GTR PrYdE
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX, 2003 Evolution VIII

WDRacing wrote:
BACK ON TOPIC...

Buyer beware if you go with Emance tuning.
Warning: Up to 8 months downtime before you realize your "tuner" doesn't know what the fukk he's doing.

lrb_2000
Car: '91 KA-T hatch

That's crazy. I've been running a tune I got from him for awhile now. It's pretty much perfect. I get ideal AFR's in boost (haven't went over 15psi yet) and out of boost. I'm very happy with my tune. .. I wonder if it works out better since i'm running the same turbo as him, so my tune is probably similar to his. I'm not sure, but I have no complaints. I'm using a SAFC also, but my car runs fine with my maps set to 0.

The only weird thing about my tune, is that on my SAFC 2 I run 1 in and 9 out for my hotwire maf setting. That's weird to me.

WDRacing

Turbo size should only matter if it's to small and super heating the air charge. Other then that...the MAF has no idea what size turbo you're using. The MAF measures load based on airflow only, the ecu measures how much fuel to inject based on the signal it gets from the MAF, not counting the times when it's reading the O2 and TPS of course. The ECU simply needs to know how much pulse width to use for a particular size injector...that's it. It's NOT rocket science guys. People have been doing this since cars went with multi port fuel injection back in the 80's. The science has been perfected...we're just repeating stuff that's been done a million times over.

In short, if you say you can do something, then do it. If you can't...then don't. I'm willing to bet the original tunes he was handing out that "worked" were tunes he copied from someone else.

I am fairly upset because I was a sturn supporter...as I am of all small businesses starting off. But I seem to have been backing the wrong horse...

Since this is turning into a crazy thread anyway, I'll have my own fuel injection system coming out hopefully this winter, real simple, plug and play with easy tuning for any la-men...why? Because I'm the fukkin man that's why

WD

GTR PrYdE

I'll be lookin out

scheffler
Car: 92 240 KA-T
92 300zx TT
97 Tahoe

Just to throw the other side out there.

I had the same problem but reversed. I had a bad enthalpy tune and was down for like 8 months also. I got put in touch with jason from emance and he took one look at my tune and reflashed my enthalpy tune..... and BAM my car is the **** and runs as hard as it has ever run. I have a very similar setup to Gtr Pryde.

Not to say that emance is the best and all others are **** or anything like that just to say that it can go both ways.

WDRacing

GTR PrYdE wrote:I'll be lookin out
How far are you from Wichita Falls dude?

EDIT

It's like 6 hrs...405 miles.

1995240sxSE
Car: 1991 jeep wrangelr and a 2004 ford taurus

I know martins_240sx has been screwed also by emance and their inability to get a tune to him. He is gonna hook me up with it for 50 so I am gonna mess with that and see what I can do with it, when ever he actually gets it in from them.

silverkaturbo
Car: 91 Nissan 240sx

I've been running an emance tune on my t25 setup for a couple thousand miles without any wideband verification (yea yea im retarded). When i dealt with him a few months ago I hadn't seem quite so many negative reviews, but i guess thats changing. Seemed to run fine as far as i could tell but now that it has gotten a little chillier here in the mornings some problems have come up until the motor warms up. Between shifts the car falls flat on its face. Theres no power for a couple seconds then it jerks back in. I suppose it could be several other things, but now I'm getting scared after all these horror stories surfacing. Sooo it looks like im heading for a dyno the next time i have some extra money.

GTR PrYdE

silverkaturbo wrote:I've been running an emance tune on my t25 setup for a couple thousand miles without any wideband verification (yea yea im retarded). When i dealt with him a few months ago I hadn't seem quite so many negative reviews, but i guess thats changing. Seemed to run fine as far as i could tell but now that it has gotten a little chillier here in the mornings some problems have come up until the motor warms up. Between shifts the car falls flat on its face. Theres no power for a couple seconds then it jerks back in. I suppose it could be several other things, but now I'm getting scared after all these horror stories surfacing. Sooo it looks like im heading for a dyno the next time i have some extra money.
Several people have had good results with t25 setups, like 've mentioned-he probably has several DECENT tunes, and if you're lucky you'll get one. If not, your screwed. Find a new tuner and let us know when your car runs right.

GTR PrYdE

WDRacing wrote:
How far are you from Wichita Falls dude?

EDIT

It's like 6 hrs...405 miles.
Haha that's a drive. Guess i'll just look out on here Any details on this tuning tool? /threadjack

WDRacing

The only details I'm going to release are that it's a standalone system. So the user will keep ALL of the stock parts, injectors, MAF, rail etc. The only upgrade will be a 255LPH or bigger fuel pump.

For everything else you'll have to wait till I install this on my S14 over the winter.

For ignition I'll be using the MSD BTM

WD

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

so wait jason doesnt have **** to say about all this intial bad talking of his tunes? dam that blows. i had been lookin in old threads and everyone was loving his tunes. I was gonna get one, but looks like now ill have to go ethalpy or somethin.

GTR PrYdE

He stopped responding to my emails after I laid down all the facts...

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

GTR PrYdE wrote:He stopped responding to my emails after I laid down all the facts...
yeah he hasn't responded to my last 3 or 4 emails....

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

wow i just dont get it. i read so much positive feedback and now he is just basically saying **** it to everyone and everything. hmm. idk maybe he is having some finacial or family issues. no excuse to f up tunes and not talk to people, but idk seems weird.

DMan II-40
Car: 1995 240SX SE

after he got a lot of good reviews maybe he just got to much business to handle. Then his tunes started getting halfassed. Just a thought, but yea I was going to go with his tune too.

GTR PrYdE

WHATEVER tha case, we were emailing him, he asked for proof of a $hi7 tune, and I gave him wideband logs of it, he NEVER commented on the logs! If he had some issues or problems he would've at least TRIED to work it out.

S13xCrazy
Car: 1993 240sx Vert, 1993 BMW 325i, 1993 Honda CBR F2, 1998 Infiniti Q45,

GTR PrYdE wrote:WHATEVER tha case, we were emailing him, he asked for proof of a $hi7 tune, and I gave him wideband logs of it, he NEVER commented on the logs! If he had some issues or problems he would've at least TRIED to work it out.
I'll bring some of this up to him and see whats going on.I work with him(partially?). I do his website stuff. (No I have never met him/live many states away. I don't do his tuning, or shipping, etc. etc.)

GTR PrYdE

S13xCrazy wrote:
I'll bring some of this up to him and see whats going on.I work with him(partially?). I do his website stuff. (No I have never met him/live many states away. I don't do his tuning, or shipping, etc. etc.)

I'd appreciate it but if you talk to him know that I(i dunno about other peoples problems) had all my ducks in a row and his tune did not perform, and when I went to another tuner the car ran the way it should. I tried getting these (4) tunes to work for 8 months before I gave up and switched tuners.Like I said I provided logs so he could see for himself his afr's at idle.

S13xCrazy
Car: 1993 240sx Vert, 1993 BMW 325i, 1993 Honda CBR F2, 1998 Infiniti Q45,

Alright, will do!I'm interested to see what he has to say.Maybe there was something in your list of mods or such that he just couldn't get right for whatever reason.

I know he himself can tune, as he builds and tunes some pretty sick cars for himself.He has a S14 running on some mad boost that puts down like 400hp IIRC

GTR PrYdE

You know I totally understand if someone can't tune for a certain setup, however I sent him my whole modlist and without a doubt he said he could tune for it, and 4 trys later no results, nor a refund(which I asked about politely) it only makes sense right?

If you can't back up your product with good results for each customer or at least offer SOME type of refund, well you should DIAF

2FourTee
Car: 96 240sx - Supercharged ka24de

WDRacing wrote:I'm willing to bet the original tunes he was handing out that "worked" were tunes he copied from someone else.
Pretty much all of Jason's "successful" tunes were stolen tunes that he claimed were his own. I tried bringing this up once before, although I probably should have done better than a little rant that got inadvertently directed at you (WDracing): zerothread?id=338508

The tune I am currently running on my Nistune ECU is the tune that Jason sent me. It works great, but it should.... it's a JWT tune file.
Modified by 2FourTee at 5:17 PM 10/13/2008

beatd
Car: 92 KA-T 240SX and 08 Fit Sport

eazye2000 wrote:My first tune from him ran flawless. Ran mid 12's in the quarter with a GT28RS.

Then I figured I would upgrade my turbo and get a new tune...... bad idea.

He's sent two tunes. One via e-mail because I have a burner now, and burned it myself.Both tunes were poo. The car ran better with the very first tune, with 110 octane, with the bigger turbo.

I'm wrapping a few things up on the car due to swapping BOV's and changing I/C piping. But as soon as that's done, I'm looking to get another one out of him.

This fiasco, just as others have mentioned, has forced me to learn myself how to do this stuff. I have a chip programmer, the software, consult cable; everything needed to do this stuff. I don't mind helping others out if they need help. Just give me a buzz. My contact info is in my profile. Soon as my cable gets here, "kouki_hmongster" is going to have a new revised tune. Hopefully he can get his car going, and vouch for me. I don't charge, either. ^_^ Ask WD, I'm eazy..
OMG you would be a god send if you can send me a new tune. I also got one of emance tunes. the chip worked fine at first but all the sudden my car ran extremely rich and dumped alot of fuel in my oil but luckily didn't mess my motor up.

Is it cool if i contact you about tunes? my email is [email protected] let me know thanks!
Modified by beatd at 4:27 PM 10/14/2008

WDRacing

Yeah I remembered you saying that and became kinda pissed. Since I basically vouched for him...I don't give my word lightly either. Basically he's a pen15...nuff said.

And I'm man enough to admit that you were right.

WD

nelson8708
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Fastback
1994 Acura Integra LS

WDRacing wrote:The only details I'm going to release are that it's a standalone system. So the user will keep ALL of the stock parts, injectors, MAF, rail etc. The only upgrade will be a 255LPH or bigger fuel pump.

For everything else you'll have to wait till I install this on my S14 over the winter.

For ignition I'll be using the MSD BTM

WD
will this system be able to control low z injetors also?

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

WDRacing wrote:Yeah I remembered you saying that and became kinda pissed. Since I basically vouched for him...I don't give my word lightly either. Basically he's a pen15...nuff said.

And I'm man enough to admit that you were right.

WD
good man. Well put.

beatd
Car: 92 KA-T 240SX and 08 Fit Sport

Can i ask a quick question. I have one of Jason's tune for T25, 370cc, and stock maf. However im upgrading to a T28, 370cc, and N60 maf. Can i just use a SAFC to fine tune the daughterboard or would i have to take out the daughterboard overall?

240sxvaj
Car: 1991 240sx fastback KA-T- SOLD!
1994 MKIV TT-Daily/Track

i wasted my money on his tune

good thing im going with Enthalpy

but then im still mad

WDRacing

beatd wrote:Can i ask a quick question. I have one of Jason's tune for T25, 370cc, and stock maf. However im upgrading to a T28, 370cc, and N60 maf. Can i just use a SAFC to fine tune the daughterboard or would i have to take out the daughterboard overall?
SAFC will work for you

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”