Debadged Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

I removed all the badges from the rear, except the Nissan logo

Paul

Roguemeister

Looks good!

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Nice and clean

Leo2005

Looks like just been repainted after accident.

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

I did this to my maxima, though I removed the Nissan Hamburger and just left the Maxima. Do you do it by warming the letters with a hairdryer or heat gun then working fishing wire behind it?

philipa_240sx

Another debadged Rogue courtesy member Orphanedcowboy:

zerothread?id=351836

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Now tell us what solvent and method used , please..

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

How I did it:

1. Do it on a warm day or use a hair drier or heat gun to warm up the adhesive.2. Place fishing line behind a corner of the logo and work back and forth.3. Continue using heat but not too hot.4. once you have gone all the way use Goo -be-gone and continued heat to remove.

Clean with alcohol and wax the surface.

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Here's mine, debadged and then rebadged (to see any pic bigger, just click it):

-Ed

kazzan11236
Car: 2008 Nissan Rouge SL-FWD-Fully Loaded-Tints

looks hot egg

metfan22
Car: 2008 rogue

What is the reason for debadging?

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Cleaner look.. also note debadgers get rid of the dealer stickers too!

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

So when chicks dig your car, they have to ask you what it is.

Then you get to talk to a GIRL.

minitrucker

So are all three badges held on with tape or is the nissan one have the type that pinned in? About how long did it take for you guys to debadge?

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

OK Eddnog, I need to know, where did you get the R O G U E letters from for the back hatch and where did you get the chrome door handles? I love your Rogue! It looks fantastic! I would ask about the wheels, but I doubt I could afford them. Ok, I give in...what wheels are those?

Also, can the emblems and lettering be put back on? Back when I first got my Rogue, the first thing my sister said was that it looked like it said SLAWD (like Cole Slaw) not SL AWD. So I would maybe put them back on, but with bigger spacing between the letters SL and AWD.

Thanks for the info

Roguemeister

Leo2005 wrote:Looks like just been repainted after accident.
What!!?? How do you figure that?

EddNog

minitrucker wrote:So are all three badges held on with tape or is the nissan one have the type that pinned in? About how long did it take for you guys to debadge?
The large diameter corporate Nissan emblem is only taped on; no pins.

-Ed

EddNog

bill875 wrote:OK Eddnog, I need to know, where did you get the R O G U E letters from for the back hatch and where did you get the chrome door handles? I love your Rogue! It looks fantastic! I would ask about the wheels, but I doubt I could afford them. Ok, I give in...what wheels are those?

Also, can the emblems and lettering be put back on? Back when I first got my Rogue, the first thing my sister said was that it looked like it said SLAWD (like Cole Slaw) not SL AWD. So I would maybe put them back on, but with bigger spacing between the letters SL and AWD.

Thanks for the info
I appreciate the complements, thank you...

I got the R O G U E letters from here.

I got the chrome door handle caps from here.

My wheels are cheaper than my tires; these are Privat Zentralle wheels in 19x8 size. They were about $200 a piece (surprisingly affordable, but that's how Konig wheels tend to be, even their, "luxury," marque), shipped.

Once the factory badging is removed, the original tape holding them on is essentially destroyed, so you cannot reapply them without completely removing the original tape and applying fresh tape.

-Ed

EddNog

Roguemeister wrote:
What!!?? How do you figure that?
Because a lot of the time after a body shop repairs a car, they, "forget," to rebadge the car.

-Ed

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

EddNog wrote:
I got the chrome door handle caps from here.
I found other sellers on ebay, which brings me this question:

You bought the ABS chrome door handles, but there are also Stainless steel polished to be chrome like (manufactured by QAA).Anyone knows who manufacture the ABS set?

To my surprise, the stainless steel version is cheaper than the ABS one

What anyone think of the stainless steel version? Any fear that it could rust/deteriorate with time (if it is not really stainless steel)?

If you had the choice, same price, which one will you pick?

EddNog

Pescakl1 wrote:
I found other sellers on ebay, which brings me this question:

You bought the ABS chrome door handles, but there are also Stainless steel polished to be chrome like (manufactured by QAA).Anyone knows who manufacture the ABS set?

To my surprise, the stainless steel version is cheaper than the ABS one

What anyone think of the stainless steel version? Any fear that it could rust/deteriorate with time (if it is not really stainless steel)?

If you had the choice, same price, which one will you pick?
Generally speaking, I think that the shape and form for a good door handle cover to be made in metal, it would have to be forged or cast. Laser cutting is a possibility, but for something three dimensional it seems highly unlikely. At a price point lower than the plastic counterpart, the product almost certainly has to be stamped or pressed (the other metal fabrication techniques would cost more than plastic), and in my opinion a complex form like this will never be as good when made from stamped metal compared to molded plastic.

The likelihood for it to oxidize, I don't know; I think that a truly stainless steel alloy would be very, very stiff and even stamping or pressing it should end up costing more than a plastic counterpart (lots of pressure and precision needed); that, or the final product is not well formed.

I personally don't have much issue with chrome-finish plastic. Hell, the stock door handle is plastic as it is, only painted!

-Ed

EDIT: PS the site I linked also has the steel door handle covers that you mentioned (at least I think it would be the same as the eBay ones--maybe I'm wrong), and judging by the pictures it is a pretty good looking product, and laser cut, so I suppose I should take back my initial reservations with them, but looking at the image on this page, it doesn't have the cutouts for the smart key entry buttons, so it's only going to work with S models (there's no option on the site anywhere for a kit with the cutouts for the buttons). Perhaps the eBay ones are different though, so I'm not sure. Could you link us?

PPS: Btw, judging by the looks of it in the picture (with a whole lot of help from my spacial skills), it would appear that the laser cut steel item is a lot thinner than the plastic ones I have, so that can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you prefer. It won't increase the physical profile of your handles as much as the ABS plastic kit I have, but at the same time it doesn't have the, "depth," of the ABS plastic kit, which is smoother, curvier, and fills in better (for example look where the keyhole is; the steel one just has a circular cutout, but the ABS kit I have actually has a recessed portion and slides partway into the keyhole to hide more of the body color from the original handles).

PPPS: For the purposes of this discussion, here are better pics of my ABS kit (click a pic to blow it up):Front Door HandleRear Door Handle
Modified by EddNog at 8:53 PM 10/6/2008

Pescakl1

Thanks Eddnog for the quick answer and for your detailed opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NISSAN-ROGU...0.m14 Here is the Ebay link, and yes it seems to be the same as in your link (same manufacturer, same picture shown).

Right now, I am still undecided even if I lean towards the ABS kit:- I have a good feedback from you on the ABS kit,- The stainless seems to be less shiny, less chrome, more steel look,- I find it odd too that the steel kit is cheaper than the ABS one (kind of strange feeling about it),- As you correctly stated, the door handles are already plastic, sounds logical to put another plastic on them instead of steel,- Steel could be cold in winter, and what about steel behavior in cold compare to plastic (handle) = risk of damage. At least both plastic should behave the same way.

I think I will let another day go by and think about it a little bit more before deciding.

BTW, I start regretting not having choose the blue Rogue, yours is gorgeous with all your mods.

EddNog

No prob.

Make your choice yet?

Thanks...I'm actually quite happy I wound up with the blue (originally, I wanted red!).

-Ed

Pescakl1

I did not buy them yet as I hoped to strike a deal on hubcaps for the winter rims (but the seller removed his auction and put a new one on the same item much more expensive ).

So yes, it will be the ABS ones for the same reasons listed above and I will save the shipping by buying the hubcaps with this same seller (he will probably put them in the hubcaps box from what he wrote me).

Hubcaps will be replica instead of OEM but ... whatever

desiguy

Hello EddNog, What font and size did you pick for the R O G U E lettering.

EddNog

desiguy wrote:Hello EddNog, What font and size did you pick for the R O G U E lettering.
Hi!

I used font style AD from here.

They don't have choices in font size, unfortunately.

-Ed

Wsh_skins21
Car: 2008 wicked black nissan rogue

De-badging wont affect the warranty will it??

EddNog

Wsh_skins21 wrote:De-badging wont affect the warranty will it??
I don't see why it would; there are no pinholes opened up by doing this, so nothing is exposed to weather that isn't normally.

-Ed

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

I recently read, I think "Automobile" or "Jaguar World" that blue is definitely the color of the future for autos. Rogue's blue is definitely eye-catching.

Wicked_Black_Hawk
Car: 2008 Wicked Black SL AWD Premium Pkg Sunroof

You know, I really did not like the blue when looking online, but seeing your pics, it is a really pretty color.

Your Rogue is HAWT!! The only thing I think could make it look better at this point is dual chrome exhaust (IMHO).

Return to “Rogue Forum”