Debadging emblems

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
JDMRyde

I have ended up buying the nissan rogue today.My first modification is to debadge the rear emblems.Does anybody know if it comes right off or is there a hole where the emblem is at??

philipa_240sx

All of the emblems except for the one on the grille are only attached with tape. There are no holes.

JDMRyde

Thanx for the fast responsse!!!!

philipa_240sx

Welcome to the forums. Perhaps you can post an introduction of yourself in the thread here:

zerothread/329160

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I'm just wondering - why would you want to remove those emblems? I kind of think the Nissan emblem looks good, and the "Rogue" lettering looks not bad either, nice and shiny metalic-looking. If you remove them, won't the back end just look very plain, like it's missing something? Or is there another reason to remove them that I'm not aware of?

JDMRyde

I like the clean look.

philipa_240sx

I'm suprised debadging is still popular. Maybe I'm getting too old?

Roguemeister

It is a personal preference. I haven't decided whether to debadge my Rogue yet, but I did debadge my Miata and am very pleased with the result. I think the rear end of the car looks much more cleaner and gives it a wider look IMO. Here are photos:

http://i20.photobucket.com/alb...1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/alb...1.jpg

Roguemeister

JDMRyde wrote:I have ended up buying the nissan rogue today.My first modification is to debadge the rear emblems.Does anybody know if it comes right off or is there a hole where the emblem is at??
Please post before and after pictures once you debadge. Thanks!

Orphanedcowboy
Car: Nissan Rogue SL

Here's mine after:

remyzhang

If anyone wants to sell their "ROGUE" badge, please contact me at [email protected] Thanks

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

remyzhang wrote:If anyone wants to sell their "ROGUE" badge, please contact me at [email protected] Thanks
Just FYI, once the badges are removed from the car, the factory self-adhesive foam tape is essentially completely destroyed.

I'd also like to mention that there is already an extremely extensive thread about debadging right here, and it's fairly new and only several entries down from this one on the first page of Rogue threads.

And just for the heck of it, here are some pictures I shot today after detailing mine (I left these bigger than I have in the past, 800x600 instead of 640x480, and clicking on them will bring it up in 1600x1200, instead of 1024x768):

-Ed

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Ya know ED, All that flash really works well with the I Blue.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Eddnog, that is a sweet looking ride. I never noticed the "Rogue" lettering on the back gate before, did you do this yourself? I also really like the chrome door pillars, but it looks as though the entire perimeter is chrome, not just the pillars but it's tough to tell. Is this true, and if so where did you get these chrome trim pieces?

EddNog

mstrmstr wrote:Ya know ED, All that flash really works well with the I Blue.
Thanks!
kerrton wrote:Eddnog, that is a sweet looking ride. I never noticed the "Rogue" lettering on the back gate before, did you do this yourself? I also really like the chrome door pillars, but it looks as though the entire perimeter is chrome, not just the pillars but it's tough to tell. Is this true, and if so where did you get these chrome trim pieces?
Yeah the ROGUE lettering came from here.

The place I ordered the chrome window frame and pillar trim kit from also carries just the window sill line trim, and just the pillar trim, if you didn't want the full kit, but it sounds like you want the full kit. This is where I got it from.

-Ed

boooey

wow, that chrome window trim is very interesting!I have always been worried the trim is going to fade very soon.

was it a pain to apply?

i just wonder just how this would look on my Gotham Gray...

EddNog

boooey wrote:wow, that chrome window trim is very interesting!I have always been worried the trim is going to fade very soon.

was it a pain to apply?

i just wonder just how this would look on my Gotham Gray...
This kit is actually cut and polished stainless steel, so I don't think there is significant risk of fading quickly. It all comes pre-cut and the pillar trim pieces pre-bent/pre-curved, and all pieces have self-adhesive foam backings (peel & stick). It wasn't too difficult to install, but the problem is that the finer pieces that go around the rim of the windows have fairly sharp edges (not smoothed down, like the pillar trim pieces), so one ought to be careful handling them (they also bend easily--don't allow the backing to get caught as you peel it away while sticking on the trim).

I can try my best tonight to photochop my car to look Gotham Gray; you want me to try? Also, if you can post pics of your car here, I may attempt to photochop that for you (though I think it's easier for me to Gotham Gray-out mine, it's worth a try at chroming out your car's window trim and pillars).

-Ed

EddNog

Go ahead, click these to zoom in!

Gotham Gray

Iridium Graphite

Wicked Black

Venom Red

Metallic British Racing Green

-Ed

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Now thats a great program your using to "colorize"Even utilizes the original shading and shadows..

EddNog

I'm an amateur digital graphic artist on the side; those shoddy color swaps were done in Photoshop in about 15 minutes. The green didn't come out to my satisfaction, but I didn't have time this morning to play with the curves. The red is overly glossy as well. For the most part, I just did some careful selection with the magnetic and then polygonal lassos, and then applied Hue/Saturation changes followed by some tweaking with Brightness/Contrast.

-Ed

EddNog

Okay, I took the time tonight to do them better. Here are the redos:

Gotham Gray

Iridium Graphite

Wicked Black

Venom Red

Metallic British Racing Green

-Ed

Roguemeister

I de-badged my Rogue today by removing the dealer name, ROGUE lettering and SL AWD lettering. Here are the before and after photos. I was going to also take off the big NISSAN badge but was having trouble getting it off. I think it looks OK with the NISSAN badge left on. I have the Rogue brake light lettering that glows when the brake is applied. What do you guys and gals think... keep the NISSAN badge or remove it?

paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

I kind of like the Nissan emblem and I kept it on my Rogue.Paul

desiguy

Is there any other sites that you can order the rogue lettering from. I emailed the guy to find out when he would get the lettering. He was out of stock on the "R". He had indicated that it would be 2 weeks and that was about 2 months ago.

Not really sure how reliable that youremblems.com guy is

Leo2005

try dealership

SenorPayne7
Car: 2008 Black SL AWD Nissan Rogue

I plan to debadge the nissan emblem off the back, and most likely the AWD part too, but i really like the look of the ROGUE in the center where the Emblem is..So ill post pics when i get around to it, right now its wayy to cold!

Roguemeister

desiguy wrote:Is there any other sites that you can order the rogue lettering from. I emailed the guy to find out when he would get the lettering. He was out of stock on the "R". He had indicated that it would be 2 weeks and that was about 2 months ago.

Not really sure how reliable that youremblems.com guy is
Try these guys http://chromeemblems.com/ind-letters-numbers.aspx

They offer free shipping.

Roguemeister

I decided after de-badging that it needed something, and I wanted to express that the vehicle was "AWD" so I bought new AWD letter badges and applied them just below the Nissan badge.

Kojack021
Car: NIssan Rogue S Special Edition

I have to admit. I like the de badging look as well. Easy cheap mod. Going to do it. I'll post pics later.

ROGUEPLANET
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue se

Im digging the rogue relocation, hmmmmm considering it. :bowrofl:

Return to “Rogue Forum”