Dashboard Alert

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
ninae
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima - 4 Door Sedan

Has anyone ever seen this? On the dash where the temperature, etc displays I got an alert picture which is not in the owners manual. The word "alert" appears in the upper left hand corner-in the middle is a clock with the hands at 3:00 - arrows are pointing toward the clock diagonally toward the 2:00 position and down in the bottom right hand corner it displays 0.5H. Can anyone tell me what this means?

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

A picture would help the best. Although I seem to remember this from somewhere... just not sure what.

RicerX

You should be able to see this on the lamp check when you first turn on the car. If you're quick enough, you can snap a picture while it's lit.

ninae

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow to post - whatever help I can get is appreciated.
Thanks

RicerX

No problem. I'll keep watch of this thread and jump on once you post a picture and see if I can be of any help.

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

I believe it is the car letting you know you have been driving too long and is sugguesting a nap!

ninae

If this happened after driving for an extended amount of time, I might believe you, but I like your sense of humor. Of course, it hasn't happened since I last wrote, so I haven't been able to get a picture yet.

IBCoupe
Car: '08 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
'19 Infiniti QX50 FWD
'17 BMW 330e iPerformance

Have you gone through all the dashboard menus? The two buttons to the left of the steering wheel let you navigate all of the menus. I'm pretty sure that Brian's not talking out of his butt on that nap thing. I think there is a timer function in there. Check it out and let us know what you find.

ninae

Thanks for your input. I'll look at everything again. I haven't been able to get a picture yet as I was driving in a snowstorm the other day when it happened again. I've been driving this car for over two years and this is the first time this has ever happened - it's just odd. One thing I will say is that I recently had new tires put on and the mechanic broke the tire pressure sensors and had to put new ones in - not sure it one has anything to do with the other.

ninae

OK guys - I owe you an apology. I ran through the menus this morning and, yes, there is a rest function 0.5h! I never went through all off them as I'm not into all that stuff. As long as my car gets me where I want to go, I'm good. It still strikes me as odd that it would suddenly appear when I hadn't been driving the car for any great length of time. I've taken long trips with it and it's never popped up. Maybe the mechanic was playing with it after he broke and replaced my tire pressure sensors. Thanks for all your help and enjoy your rides!

Aquarius8175
Car: 2011 Nissan Altima

I have a picture of it how do I attach it?

Rouge5
Car: Altima Coupe 2.5 2008

Aquarius8175 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:53 am
I have a picture of it how do I attach it?

Here you have the instructions

how-to-post-pictures-using-photobucket-t521110.html

Return to “Altima General Discussions”