Couple of ? from a new FX35 guy: Adaptive Cruise control / Phone mirror function.

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Borup
Car: 2009 FX35

Hi all.
Got a FX 35 2009 model.
First ?:
I have Adaptive Cruise Control and for some reason it doesn't work in rain :-/

Can I manually use my Cruise Control without the adaptive feature?

Second ?:
Inside the armrest I have a DVD player, 3 line cable inputs and an AUX.
Can I somehow, easy, mirror screen my Android phone to the cars headunit?
Bin looking at the Griffin AUX BT thing and I think that might do the trick?
Not sure though if it will "only" transfer the audio?

Thanks in advance :mike
Carsten Skals

EdBwoy

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Cruise control, yes you can drive with the standard mode as such:

Out of curiosity, do you also utilize your automatic wipers? There is some logic that cancels cruise during "dangerous" conditions. This is what I experienced:

Regarding the screen mirror function, I think the AUX won't do much for you since the phone only outputs audio. I am really not too conversant with what would make it output video, but watch this space. Timely discussion to come up on this other platform:
mirabox-in-m-g-series-t618571.html

Borup
Car: 2009 FX35

Great videos, thanks a lot.
First video, I've tried that, but thinking about it, I've only tried while the car was started, I'll try with only the ignition on.

Second video, yes, I use the auto wiper function, and mine does exactly the same thing.
But ok, it's a safety feature I guess, annoying, but ok, I can live with it as long nothing is broken :-)

And I'll have a look at that link regarding mirrorscreening.

Thanks again.

EdBwoy

You're welcome.

The cruise control should be that easily switchable. I do it on the fly often. Sometimes I find myself going back to conventional cruise because my M45 likes to slam on the brakes at the point that I'm switching lanes if it somehow deems that I'm suddenly too close.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”