Cortina

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
jillj
Car: 1972 Datsun Cortina

My 92 yr old dad has a 1972 Datsun Cortina in his barn. I have been attempting to research the car with not a lot of luck. Can anyone give me some guidance on where to find information? Did the car go under another name? thanks in advance to anyone that has any info. :)

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Ford made a Cortina in '72. Are you sure you have the correct make and model? Look on the firewall (the vertical metal wall that separates the engine bay from the cars interior where your feet and pedals goes) inside the engine bay for a manufacturer's plate screwed or riveted on that should have make, model, year, VIN, etc. There is a small chance similar information will be inside the drivers side door jam, but best bet in in the engine bay. You could post the numbers you find here for more clarification. Most '70s Datsuns seemed to be named by a number, like 240Z, 510, 520, 210, 280z, Cherry, Bluebird, Sunny and Roadster are some exceptions. Please post a picture or two of the car! Even if it turns out not to be a Nissan/ Datsun, we like cars here and it'd be cool to see your 'barn find'!

Welcome to NICO Club!

We have some how to post pics articles. I don't use photobucket because I don't want to create an account. There are other sites that don't require accounts. All are basically the same. Upload image. Get embedment url, post that here between the leading and trailing img brackets.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/upload ... imgur.html
howto-post-your-images-in-threads-t573706.html
how-to-post-pictures-using-photobucket-t521110.html

Return to “Datsun Chat”