Convertible Top Adjustment

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
DriveSlow
Car: '92 Nissan 240sx Vert

sup guys, been doing some research and can't quite seem to find where or how to adjust the top if possible. The vert is a lovely car in dry weather but when it rains I honestly can't stand it. Water is coming in from both driver and passenger sides where the top comes down to meet the windows when it closes, is there a way to fix this? thanks in advance for the help.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

I've not seen anywhere to adjust at the window. May need new seals there.

Or you can try making the hooks on the top to make it sit down tighter.

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

biggie wrote:I've not seen anywhere to adjust at the window. May need new seals there.

Or you can try making the hooks on the top to make it sit down tighter.
Seals are going bad. They should be replaced.

Yeah, you can unscrew the small lock bolt with a hex screw driver and turn the hook clockwise to close the top tighter. If the hook hit the wall and you want to turn some more, grind it down a little. That'll give you more room. Make sure to spray WD-40 on the hook before you turn it. If it breaks off, you are screwed.

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

I would try to adjust the angle of the 4 windows so it meets the top seals perfectly. Being just a little off leads to leaks. It's easy to do, but hard to get perfect. If your top weather seals look reasonable, this is the only other reason I can think of that it would leak - window alignment.

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

blkvrtswp wrote:I would try to adjust the angle of the 4 windows so it meets the top seals perfectly. Being just a little off leads to leaks. It's easy to do, but hard to get perfect. If your top weather seals look reasonable, this is the only other reason I can think of that it would leak - window alignment.
I know you can adjust angles on quarter windows, but not sure on windows on the doors. I wouldn't remove interior panels on the doors because inner strips will bend and get messed up.

5280VertDET
Car: 1993 240SX Vert SR/Auto

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

94_240sx wrote:I know you can adjust angles on quarter windows, but not sure on windows on the doors. I wouldn't remove interior panels on the doors because inner strips will bend and get messed up.
Yes - the front door windows are fully adjustable in 3 dimensions - upper travel limit, front/back tilt and side-to-side tilt.

I have no idea what you mean about the door panels - I have had them off about 100 times and there is nothing broken on mine. Of course I swapped to coupe doors so maybe the real 'vert ones are a PITA. :biggrin:

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”