“Connection with the key has been done” ?????

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
haleakalag

Ok. Not sure if I’m losing my mind with the last month of AV module replacement/reprogramming. The past 2 days I’ve gotten in the car and once the clock display wasn’t on, the other time the last radio channel was different. Anyway, I’ve been using 2 different intelligent keys, and I realized they each had different settings, and with various recent battery disconnects, some radio and clock setting had changed. Now 100 % of the time the display says “Connection with the key has been done” for a second or so after starting car. After owning an M37 and very similar Q70 for many years, I can’t recall seeing that key line more than a few times. Now it’s every single start. Again, the display, audio and all screen functions and sound are now perfect w new AV unit and last configuration this week. Am I nuts, and this was always there, or shouldn’t it be a one time key connection w new key and not every start? There’s only one line about it in the manual. Thanks.

emm3seven
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x w/Tech + Touring

I posted a reply on a similar thread back in 2019:

changed-key-fob-battery-now-doesn-t-wor ... l#p6791066

From that post:

“My interpretation of this poorly worded manual entry is that you'll see this message when recalling memorized settings from an Intelligent Key. I think it may show up if, for example, you have your settings associated with Key 1, and your partner's settings associated with Key 2, and your partner gets in and drives it after you've been driving it. E.g. unlocking with Key 2 after driving it with Key 1 would generate that message (assuming there are memorized settings associated with both keys).”
Last edited by emm3seven on Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

haleakalag

K thanks. That’s got to be it. I assume the recent battery disconnect removed memorized settings for each. When I got home from dealership I reprogrammed 15 radio presets in garage (but didn’t lock car) then next morning started driving and had zero presets (different key). Seems to be working properly now after reprogramming and locking car. I thought it was some glitch from new Av unit, it is odd since I have had so many battery disconnects over the years and don’t recall having to reprogram radio w different keys, just once. Guess I never paid attention.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”