Car seat recommendations

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
tobiasdriver
Car: ex35

Hello!

Mom with 2 kids under 2 here ! :slap:

Anyone have any luck fitting 2 car seats rear facing in the EX35?

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

I never did the '2 rear facing car seats' thing when I had my EX35. When I had the rear facing infant carrier, I had a bit of trouble fitting in the seat in front of it. Our eldest child on the other hand was forward facing in a booster for as long as we had the car.

Since my kids are past that stage, I haven't kept up with the carseat models currently on the market. But if you do a quick google search for "car seats for small cars", it should get you a list or two of the smaller models out there that might work for you. Also check out the discussion forums on car-seat.org.

There are a few threads that briefly touch upon the topic of carseats here, though I don't recall any mention of two rear facing carseats.
infant-seat-traded-with-car-seat-now-my ... 14868.html
post6801278.html#p6801278

tobiasdriver
Car: ex35

Thanks for your reply !!checking out the graco slim fit or Diono radian

IBCoupe
Car: '08 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
'19 Infiniti QX50 FWD
'17 BMW 330e iPerformance

Did you find what you were looking for, Tobias? My experience (based on a '19 QX50, granted) with car seats is you should look for ones with a narrow base. Fitting them both in the back shouldn't be a problem up at the top, because they'll lean and use each other for stability, even if you put one in the middle. The main issue I've run into is that there's just never enough space down by the actual seatbelt buckles/isofix hooks.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

If I remember correctly, there are only two sets of LATCH anchors at the base of the seat, and they are only intended for use for the outboard positions only. They are not supposed to be used for the center position nor are they supposed to be shared between two car seats.

In the event that I had to put two of the car seats next to each other, one thing I had done was to use the seatbelt to secure them instead of the LATCH anchors. This let me install the outboard car seat a little bit closer to the door. There is a minor issue here in that the contour of the seat made the car seat lean inward a bit; but I believe I used a pool noodle or two under one side of the base to level things out. I know that seatbelt installations can be a bit trickier sometimes (especially when rear facing), but if the space is cramped enough you'll pretty much need every fraction of an inch you can get.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”