Infant seat traded with car-seat, now my front passenger seat is useable!!!

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
gloa2000
Car: 04 Maxima SL, 08 EX35 LuxNav

Now, my baby is grown to big to ride in the Infant seat and unfortunately they are only made to be rear faced and due to its design, my front passenger seat was useless for last 6 months. I got an Marathon carseat for him now and his weight is over 20 lbs so i put the carseat face forwarded. Wow, now i have useable front passenger seat and it has good room to feel all the comfort. My wife always complained about its one person front row seats when infant carseat was installed and lack of the rear leg room she actually ordered me(yes...im servant...@home) to trade in my EX for new designed RX350. But now She loves the comfortness of the front passenger seat and i can keep my EX! Hopefully if i have another child later on, i will go out and get a used Honda Pilot or something that has tons of second row room...

atlex35
Car: 2006 Red/Black G35 Coupe and 2009 Black/Black FX35

Is the process for installing a car seat a hard process? You have to move up the front seat all the way up to use a car seat?

We don't have kids yet but I was wondering how the EX does as far as spacing was concerned.

Thanks,

John

gloa2000

To use most Infant carseats, you would have to move the passenger seat front/tilt up, front passenger will not have comfort at all(its more like a Lunch table/take a poo position), rear facing carseats are not friendly with EX rear seat room, but once your kits are big enough for front facing, you can leave the front seat alone while installing/after installed.

yustonuser
Car: EX35

It all depends guys - we have a rear facing in the EX now and had it behind the passenger and it was a bit tight and now moved it behind the driver and its better. Is it super comfortable? no. but it isn't terrible

gloa2000

I agree your comments but the thing that bugs me alot when i drive is... "I paid $40G's and My passengers are not feeling comfortable in it." one question to you "yustonuser", is it an Infant carseat? or just regular carseats for 6mos-3yrs? cause i could never install my rear facing Infant car seat behind the drivers seat due to lack of drivers room in the front.

yustonuser
Car: EX35

Its a Chicco Keyfit rear facing and it fits fine behind the drivers seat. Its my wife's car but even where she keeps it, I can drive it fine (I am 5-11) - its not ideal but it works. I would agree if it is your car and you drive it every day, it is not ideal. But it fits fine behind the passenger if that is better. Either way - I too am looking forward to using a forward facing in about a year

AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

After an infant seat, I highly recommend the RECARO VIVO LITEhttp://recaro.com/index.php?id=3336®ion=3&L=2

Only 12 IBS, no hassle in removing in and out of the car. Good side

protection also, and height adjustable!

My son loves it! He used to seat in RECARO young sport - ThIS ONE IS LIKE

23ibs. Although, it is a bit heavy, but this is the best 5 point seat for a child!

The RECARO YOUNG SPORT is around $300 and the VIVO LITE is only $99 -

Your child`s safety? PRICELESS!

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

my son is a little over 36" and weighs 36 lbs. Is he going to be cramped in this thing? He likes to look out the window and those bolsters look like they might get in the way.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”