Bluetooth ELM327 OBD2 OBDii Android Torque App

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

So i ordered this item a few months ago from ebay:
Min V1.5 Bluetooth ELM327 ELM 327 OBDII OBD-II OBD2 Wireless Auto Car Scanner
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280927785334?ss ... 1424.l2649

and today i downloaded the Torque App Image from Google PLAY. let me start by saying its HIGHLY customizable and really cool. I have it for my Samsung Galazy S2 4G Touch. works great!

this is currently my 1st page on the app. (you can have over 10 pages if you want full of different style gauges)

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Hey ImStricken, it's funny you made this thread today, i just got my ODB scanner (this one, which they shipped to me in like 2 days!) after reading where you recommended this on another thread! I just got it today and was just playing with it and download that Torque app myself lol
That app is very cool indeed! Only played with it for a few minutes so I still need to customize the screens.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

wow what a strange coincidence lol. dude dig through that app. its really cool. im ordering a cellphone mount for the car, so i can see the gauges.

rayj
Car: Yes

Any ideas on how to learn how to customize Torque Pro displays?

darylzero

ImStricken wrote:wow what a strange coincidence lol. dude dig through that app. its really cool. im ordering a cellphone mount for the car, so i can see the gauges.
I know! I couldn't believe it when I saw your post lol
lol I was thinking of that also, that would be cool to see everything as your driving.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

rayj wrote:Any ideas on how to learn how to customize Torque Pro displays?
to add a specific gauge:
1. hold your finger down on any free area
(option pops up "add display")
2. pick your style of gauge you want.
3. pick the green option on the list of available sensors to gauge.
4. move the specific gauge display to the area you want.
5. tap the gauge to set it there.
(TIP) you can then push and hold the gauge display and then choose "MOVE DISPLAY" to move it if you want to nudge to either way.
(TIP) you can also change the name of a specific gauge. tap and hold your finger on any specific gauge until you see a menu with the option: "DISPLAY CONFIGURATION" then click "CHANGE TITLE" and you can type any name you want.

i have all the pages filled with these options:
page1:
large: analog RPM
small: volts, coolant
tiny: digital mpg, speed, intake temp, header cat temp, throttle position.

page2:
small: all digital gauges of the ones listed above. this way the number are easier to read

page3:
small: fuel flow, fuel status
medium: mpg

page4:
gps map of me & compass

page5:
large square: rpm, mph,
tiny digital: coolant temp, cat1b1, volts

page6:
I/M READINESS SINCE DTC CLEAR

PAGE7:
CURRENT DRIVE CYCLE STATUS

rayj
Car: Yes

Thank you.

That was a great presentation. I can't wait to go try it.

ray

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

rayj wrote:Thank you.

ray
my pleasure :)

tinker with the app, its a really great program. im still learning how and what data logging is, all the graph's, and how to use the 0-60, 1/4mile, 1/8mile, etc.

darylzero

ImStricken wrote:
rayj wrote:Thank you.

ray
my pleasure :)

tinker with the app, its a really great program. im still learning how and what data logging is, all the graph's, and how to use the 0-60, 1/4mile, 1/8mile, etc.
yeah me too, have you got it to upload the stats to their server yet? Their server seems inconsistent in that sometimes it lets me login and other times it doesn't. I thought I had it set to upload the data but nothing showed up :confused:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

darylzero wrote:have you got it to upload the stats to their server yet? Their server seems inconsistent in that sometimes it lets me login and other times it doesn't. I thought I had it set to upload the data but nothing showed up :confused:
i didnt even know this option existed lol. where/what is this your talking about?

darylzero

ImStricken wrote:
darylzero wrote:have you got it to upload the stats to their server yet? Their server seems inconsistent in that sometimes it lets me login and other times it doesn't. I thought I had it set to upload the data but nothing showed up :confused:
i didnt even know this option existed lol. where/what is this your talking about?
It seems he is doing maintenance on the database, via the forum...
The web viewer is offline temporarily whilst I defragment the database, and perform some housekeeping on it. This may include truncating the database slightly (items older than a year may be removed in the coming month)

If you are uploading data, you may not see it until the database is back online later today (and it has processed the uploaded data)

If you go to the website, http://torque-bhp.com/ you will see a webviewer tab. You need to sign up your account first, which I may not of done correctly because the wiki sucks, but once you do that go into the Menu - Settings of the Torque app and choose "Data Logging & Upload"
Check off the boxes under Realtime web upload and I assume you need to check the boxes next to all the logging you want done.
Looks like you may need to manually add the items to log at the very top under "Select what to log", I though it would automatically log all the items in green...

Also, I read somewhere, maybe here, that if you leave the device plugged into the OBDII port overnight it will drain the battery.

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

Thanks to you guys I ended up spending some $$$, LOL!

I just ordered one from Amazon like a minute ago...

http://www.amazon.com/ELM327-Interface- ... B0084Y8HJA

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

JMed wrote:Thanks to you guys I ended up spending some $$$, LOL!

i have the same one. mine works great :)

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

I've got Torque + a generic Bluetooth ELM327 reader. I've set Torque to log some stuff. How do I retrieve/upload those logs? I try to log in to the Torque site but it just sits there forever trying to authenticate my Torque ID. :confused: I see an e-mail log option in Realtime Information, but that just emails me my GPS trip information which I don't care about.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the logs on my Android's internal storage.

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

^I've got the same combo myself. So far i've only done basic logging though and haven't tried out the 1/4 mi, 1/8 mi, and ect. Honestly though I don't care about those on a 13 yr old family sedan with 200k miles. I use it more to monitor things like intake air temp, MAF readings, fuel pressure, coolant temp, and ect. Works excellent to keep a close watch on things like that and make sure it's performing correctly. I have $16 in my ELM327 and then $5 in the app - My $400 OBD I and II code scanner doesn't even do 25% of what Torque can, so it's money well spent.

darylzero

ImStricken wrote:

i have the same one. mine works great :)
Mine seems to be the exact same, ELM 327 except it it says ODB Scan on it.

ImStricken or anyone else have any issues when it first connects to bluetooth? I've had a couple issues, not sure if it's my phone (HTC Sensation) or if it's because I have my phone paired with the car's bluetooth. Once connected it works great.

JMed

OMG ! ! ! :facepalm:

I made a mistake and ordered from the wrong seller on Amazon. And now my Bluetooth ELM327 is coming from china :cry:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

JMed wrote:OMG ! ! ! :facepalm:

I made a mistake and ordered from the wrong seller on Amazon. And now my Bluetooth ELM327 is coming from china :cry:
not to worry. i ordered mine from there too, in order to save the $10 that american sellers are adding on. mine works perfectly fine. its just gonna take 3weeks lol

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

this is my idle temps: (outside temp 55F)
(this is after approx 5mins of idle.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is my 65mph temps: (outside temp 55F)
i am not drafting anyone. i have free open space in front of me/radiator.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

My question is, do we have access to the normal parameters for this vehicle, for example ImStricken's exhaust header cat temps, are these reasonable?

How do we know if this is outside of spec, or normal tolerances? I have not been able to find this information myself.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

kerrton wrote:My question is, do we have access to the normal parameters for this vehicle, for example ImStricken's exhaust header cat temps, are these reasonable?
At idle, if your ignition and fuel maps are set up properly, the header/manifold should be about 400-550 degrees F at 50-60F ambient temp. obviously the hotter outside, the less heat will escape from the engine area-so give or take 25-75F depending on outside.

At cruising speeds, around 2000-3000rpm = you should be around 900-1100F

At WOT(wide open throttle) / high revs like a dyno pull it will be about 1200F-1300F+
kerrton wrote:How do we know if this is outside of spec, or normal tolerances? I have not been able to find this information myself.
thats why i posted my pics, from the screen shot feature on this app. i just emailed it to myself. lets see who is at what temps :)

darylzero

JMed wrote:

OMG ! ! ! :facepalm:

Damn that sucks, that is why I specifically looked for a USA seller on ebay.

I would think you still have time to cancel the order...

darylzero

ImStricken wrote:
kerrton wrote:My question is, do we have access to the normal parameters for this vehicle, for example ImStricken's exhaust header cat temps, are these reasonable?
At idle, if your ignition and fuel maps are set up properly, the header/manifold should be about 400-550 degrees F at 50-60F ambient temp. obviously the hotter outside, the less heat will escape from the engine area-so give or take 25-75F depending on outside.

At cruising speeds, around 2000-3000rpm = you should be around 900-1100F

At WOT(wide open throttle) / high revs like a dyno pull it will be about 1200F-1300F+
kerrton wrote:How do we know if this is outside of spec, or normal tolerances? I have not been able to find this information myself.
thats why i posted my pics, from the screen shot feature on this app. i just emailed it to myself. lets see who is at what temps :)
When I get a chance to get on the highway again I will post mine, may be a few days. My coolant temp is the same as your right around 192F -198F. What should our coolant temp be?

Also, did you see in the app it will speak to you and tell you when the engine is at operating temp? and can do the same for cold engine warning.

Also, did you guys see the free plugins? http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Plugins
One is a Knock Detector pretty cool

JMed

darylzero wrote:Damn that sucks, that is why I specifically looked for a USA seller on ebay.

I would think you still have time to cancel the order...
Nope... By the time of my last post, it has already shipped.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

this app & this thread is gonna be a cool place to compare numbers, and see maybe one of us has a problem we didnt know about. im very interested in seeing each other's coolant temp & header temp numbers.

JMed

ImStricken wrote:this app & this thread is gonna be a cool place to compare numbers, and see maybe one of us has a problem we didnt know about. im very interested in seeing each other's coolant temp & header temp numbers.
Too bad I gotta wait 3 weeks to hook up mine :tisk:

I really don't mind waiting, but when something this cool is out there it just makes you wanna play with it...

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

ImStricken wrote:this app & this thread is gonna be a cool place to compare numbers, and see maybe one of us has a problem we didnt know about. im very interested in seeing each other's coolant temp & header temp numbers.
Unfortunately, I don't have a Android phone, just a cheap clam-shell. :lolling:

But on my Garmin gauge, I normally get 192 degrees for my coolant temperature quite routinely when driving. :shifter:

Just for the heck of it, the highest I ever saw my outside temperature gauge read was 111 degrees around Wash. DC. just this last summer! :)

Previously, in past years I always thought 106 degrees was hot (the highest) for the outside gauge in my area. :drool:

darylzero

Check out what is coming up in the next release! hint bottom of the list

Upcoming Changes in 1.6.20 (in development/testing)
====================================

* Fix bitwise ‘{A:1}’ operator in the equation parser

* XX to XX configurable timers.

* Translation updates (pl, ja, pt and nl, cz) (thank you for the help!)

* Font now scales in Readout display for very large numbers

* Decimal place limit function added for more display types

* Better web upload functionality

* VW native protocol fault code reporting (in addition to normal OBD2 fault code reporting)

* OBDKey adapter support for older VWs using KWP (like the already working WBH-BT4 adapter)

* Nissan consult support beta release

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

That's for the original CONSULT support I believe. I'm almost certain CONSULT-II and CONSULT-III (which is what all Rogues use as far as I know) still have no aftermarket support yet. Still, maybe some more PIDs will be supported regardless and that would be very nice to see. My Pathfinder doesn't seem to have nearly as many accessible PIDs as your guys' Rogues, but there's still enough useful information for sure.

darylzero

This was before my coolant change.

On open highway doing 70mph, outside temp 50F

Newest one today. 65F outside

Return to “Rogue Forum”