Black Xbox 360 Elite

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

right now I only have my HDMI hooked up so I dont have surround sound, I have to buy the adapter that the Elite came with. Basically I can not use the HDMI with optical until I buy that adaptor

nissanZXfreak

Elite is better the halo one is just looks i can buy custom stickers make it look better. For those who bought the early elites you guys got ripped cause it has the same harddrive and everything as a premium. All the stuff they promised with all the HDMI cards inside and special boards and stuff aint in the 1st release Elites they will be in the new Elites coming out in 2008 so G4 says. Only things your really getting thats worth it in the Elite now are some stupid cables and a pimp 120GB harddrive but the inside is the same as a premium. All the early models messed up also and had Red Rings like crazy i had 4 of them and they all messed up. Just w8 on the newer Elite if your planing on getting one when the upgrade the motherboard and internals and stuff look up on G4.com for more info. actually no its not h8 to tell you.

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

There's better ways to get your 10 posts in....

And most of everything you just said is incorrect anyways.

nissanZXfreak

actually no its not h8 to tell you. I watch G4 everyday and had 3 of them and opened and returned them you need to do some research

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

nissanZXfreak wrote:I watch G4 everyday and had 3 of them and opened and returned them you need to do some research

Thanks for that.

Dude...my first-gen, pre-price-drop Elite has HDMI out, upgraded mobo (better cooling, but not the 65nm chip), 120gb hdd. The mobo and HDMI out might be in the NEW premiums, but it wasn't in the old ones. Premiums don't have the 120gb hdd. I have not had any issues.But for the price of a Premium plus the cables and the hard drive, you're already more expensive than the Elite, and the Premium isn't black.

redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

nissanZXfreak wrote:actually no its not h8 to tell you. I watch G4 everyday and had 3 of them and opened and returned them you need to do some research
BEST

EVAR!

Hahahaha Kevin Pereira is a shining Knight of tech aficionado.

Oh man my sides hurt now.

bmike818

G4 is a joke, you need to stop watching TV..I miss it when they were Tech TV<- when they used to give good advice
nissanZXfreak wrote:Elite is better the halo one is just looks i can buy custom stickers make it look better. For those who bought the early elites you guys got ripped cause it has the same harddrive and everything as a premium. All the stuff they promised with all the HDMI cards inside and special boards and stuff aint in the 1st release Elites they will be in the new Elites coming out in 2008 so G4 says. Only things your really getting thats worth it in the Elite now are some stupid cables and a pimp 120GB harddrive but the inside is the same as a premium.
um can you say Zephyr<- oh if you dont know, what that is that is the code name for their new motherboard for the 360s with HDMI

nissanZXfreak

If you're waiting on purchasing a 360, you might want to wait a little longer. Say until fall, when the Xbox Falcons hit the market.

According to the San Jose Mercury News, the "Falcon" is the name for the xboxes with 65-nanometer chips instead of the 90-nanometer chips in current Xboxes.

Less nanometers means less cost for Microsoft (which is nice, but why would you care?) but it also means less heat. And that should mean more reliability.

And there's also the little matter of the HDMI port. According to San Jose Mercury News, Xboxes with HDMI ports don't necessarily have the 65nm chips within. Especially the first runs of Xbox Elite machines. Overall, it's a little bit of a crap shoot, as Microsoft has no intention of telling anyone which chips are in which machine.

So, theoretically, the longer you wait to pick up an Xbox, the better chance of having the new chips. Hope this helps.

nissanZXfreak

what bad chips? was i right?

bmike818

^ did you know people could careless about what chips are inside...we cared with the Zephyr because it has HDMI...unless you just bought an Elite or regular xbox...why are you posting this information
Loki wrote:There's better ways to get your 10 posts in....

And most of everything you just said is incorrect anyways.
if you want to get your posts number up, why dont you play the forum game in general chat...then you can ramble on whatever you like

nissanZXfreak-oh by the way my Halo console pawns your cheap stickered up 360 anyday

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Honestly, unless there are no games that you want to play right now, wait until a game you do want is released. But otherwise, don't fret. MS has got you covered for the RROD for 3 years. We've got many 360 owners posting here and I can only recall one of us having the RROD. I have 3 of them myself and none have had a RROD. If there is a game you want to play, feel free to purchase the 360 and enjoy it. I know I have been.

nissanZXfreak

bmike818 wrote:
nissanZXfreak-oh by the way my Halo console pawns your cheap stickered up 360 anyday
actually i have an Elite still laying around the new 80 GB PS3 with Linux on it and a Wii and the chips inside do mean alot dummy. Why did you buy the elite just for the 120GB then? chips mean alot that the dumbest thing you can say. Stick to not talking that would be great i alrdy proved that there no better chips in the newer Elites like i said same **** as the Premium. I win you lose not only you dumb i have better systems then you and your still using Windows. Windows=noob

bmike818

dude you just have 13 posts ...all your post has bad spelling and dont make sense-dont start with me-I will finish it

the funny thing is I dont have to say anything-most people that read your posts already think you are the dumbest newbie we have seen in a while

most people bought the Elte for HDMI...why am I arguing with a dum butt...that just makes me a bigger dumbutt

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Don't bother Mike, he's one of those kids that thinks Bill Gates is the Devil and makes love to a plush of the Linux penguin every night. Can't show any concrete proof for anything, just spouts crap he "read" or watched on G4 ().

Can't we all just get along and agree that my DHARMA edition 360 owns everyone equally?

Zee
Car: 99 Chevy Cavalier

C-Kwik wrote:Honestly, unless there are no games that you want to play right now, wait until a game you do want is released. But otherwise, don't fret. MS has got you covered for the RROD for 3 years. We've got many 360 owners posting here and I can only recall one of us having the RROD. I have 3 of them myself and none have had a RROD. If there is a game you want to play, feel free to purchase the 360 and enjoy it. I know I have been.
Actually you know two. I got the RROD a while back.
nissanZXfreak wrote:
actually i have an Elite still laying around the new 80 GB PS3 with Linux on it and a Wii and the chips inside do mean alot dummy. Why did you buy the elite just for the 120GB then? chips mean alot that the dumbest thing you can say. Stick to not talking that would be great i alrdy proved that there no better chips in the newer Elites like i said same **** as the Premium. I win you lose not only you dumb i have better systems then you and your still using Windows. Windows=noob
Your an idiot, try learning how to spell so of the simple words in your post otherwise no one will take you seriously.
bmike818 wrote:the funny thing is I dont have to say anything-most people that read your posts already think you are the dumbest newbie we have seen in a while
Yep I do.
Loki wrote:Don't bother Mike, he's one of those kids that thinks Bill Gates is the Devil and makes love to a plush of the Linux penguin every night. Can't show any concrete proof for anything, just spouts crap he "read" or watched on G4 ().

Can't we all just get along and agree that my DHARMA edition 360 owns everyone equally?
Yep your DHARMA 360 owns mine, but we still get to play the same game so whats the difference. Nothing. lol

*Oh and I am the final word on all things Video Game related. Now bow down to your king.

bmike818

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Ok guys. Lets leave the name calling at the playground. And I really don't care who starts it. It's not hard to prove a point without name calling. In fact, leaving the name calling out gives you much more credibility in your argument.

Now, keep it civil and carry on, I hate sounding like my parents.

bmike818

agreed

Zee

Who was name calling? If you were talking about me that wasn't name calling that was just harmless badgering.

bmike818

not pointing fingers..but tis the new guy....he has less than 20 posts

crakin
Car: 1996 240sx s14, 2008 Chevrolet silverado crew cab,
2011 Suzuki gsxr 750

i sold my white 360 for 300 and bought an elite....

Zee

^^^Nice I want an elite for the HDD and the HDMI port, but alas no money.

krimsonviper
Car: 2010 MS3 -PAID
2010 Mazda 3i Touring -Totaled
2006 Mazda 3i Sport -Totaled
1989 S13 -Sold
1990 S13 -Sold

ok, so let me get this straight. unless you dont have an HD tv and dont care for the larger HD then just get the regular xbox? what about my concern for the RROD?

Gimli G35
Car: 1996 Lexus ES300

why didnt you just get the Halo 3 edition (its now got the 65NM chip in the NEWEST ones) codename FALCON (some of the newest ones have new chip)the newer 360's Elites and Halo 3's will have them later on this year

krimsonviper
Car: 2010 MS3 -PAID
2010 Mazda 3i Touring -Totaled
2006 Mazda 3i Sport -Totaled
1989 S13 -Sold
1990 S13 -Sold

all i have to play it on is a little 15inch LCD screen and i dont plan on putting movies on it, just some songs so i dont need anything higher than 20gig. plus im cheap because my job pays cheap

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Absolushun wrote:ok, so let me get this straight. unless you dont have an HD tv and dont care for the larger HD then just get the regular xbox? what about my concern for the RROD?
Right. The point of the Elite is the HDMI port and bigger HDD (and the black, because white looks stupid).

RROD won't be any better off than any NEW non-Elite. Older ones (pre...May I think...) will not be as good. MS did make some optimizations to the internals and change things around with the Elite and then those changes trickled down into the rest of the lineup. It SEEMS to have had positive effect.Meanwhile, even better machines (as far as RROD and heat management) are coming very soon or may already be out...I haven't been watching as closely since I bought mine.

Sharkey
Car: multiple

just sold off the PS3, hoping a new round of updated systems come out for assassin's creed release date so i don't end up with a nonupdated 360 when i snag one at gamestop out here

Return to “Gaming”