B15 HID Install

Troubleshooting, DIY's, How-To's and articles about all Nissan vehicles. Non-vehicle specific "General" How-To and tech information is also here.
elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

By NSR_S13

So one of my many pet peeves with cars is the factory lighting, the cheap look of halogen and the dull-ness of the lighting. I decided instead of just replacing the bulbs that I'd get some H.I.D's for the B15. After searching around and not finding any H13/9008 kits ('04-'06 B15 headlights), finally found a kit. So Jerry and I got 2 kits one for the Z32 and one for the B15. These kits were made by HID JM, a company Jerry heard about. Essentially the kits are "plug and play", but mine were a little more involved. So on to the install

HID JM H.I.D kit 6000k lights

Back of the box, stock vs. HID

The kit: 2 6000k bulbs, 2 ballasts w/ connection cables, 2 ballast clamps, 4 zipties, 6 mounting screws

The install - '06 Sentra 1.8S

Open the hood, locate position of headlight bulbs, both are H13/9008. Driver side bulb is located in front of the battery and passenger side bulb is in front of the coolant bottle

Kit box, instructions, and Sentra wiring diagram(Not included w/ the kit). For this kit their was some wiring involved, nothing too difficult but easily messed up if not installed correctly.

Driver side: Move the battery over to the right so you can have more room with the install. This is where the install gets interesting....the H13 kit isn't plug and play, it's plug and wire . This is also a good time to have a wiring diagram handy. You have 2 wires the have to be cut from the bulb connector (green) red/black is positive and red/brown is negative, run 2 wires from connection on the ballast box, the one not hooked up to the bulb. This is because the connection does not just plug into the existing connector (green) CAUTION: Having the kits hooked up this way results in sacrificing your highbeams due to no connection. Something you may want to consider if you want H.I.D's for your B15 ('04 - '06).

Testing to make sure it works Stock vs. HID...Wow what a difference

NSR A32 wiring everything together and NSRhatch just watching

One down, one to go

Passenger side you should remove the coolant bottle to have more room while installing. Wiring is involved on this side too, you'll have 3 wires coming out of the connector: purple (positive), yellow (negative), and a solid black as ground.

The other involved step of installing the kits is finding a place where to mount the ballasts at. You want them in a location close enough to the bulb but not where they might come in contact with weather. Easily enough mounted on the inner part of the fenders on each side, drivers side used an existing screw hole and mounted it there. Passenger side one we used the existing screw holding the fuse box in place and had the bracket behind that. Both in the same general area and will stay protected from the elements.

Drivers side..blurry I know but you get the idea

Passenger side

Once that is all said and done you're finished, sit back enjoy the lighting. They're really bright and look amazing at night, the car looks totally different and feels different while driving. Visibility is 100x better and clearer. Also the HID's have a crisp look to them.

Heres the finished product, 6000k lighting FTW!

Heres some basic H.I.D information and pros and cons.

Electricity- HID Light: 12v 35wHalogen Light: 12v 55w

Lumen-HID: 3,200LmHalogen: 1,500Lm

Color Temp-HID: 6000kHalogen: 3200k

Light Color-HID: Super white (Like sun light)Halogen: Normal white

Lifetime-HID: 2000hrsHalogen: 400hrs

Pros:3x brighter the stockLess wattage per bulbNight driving saferUnique lighting reflects markers better at nightLifespan of bulb should last the car as well w/o ever replacing themLook 100x better then stock lighting

Cons:Cost of the kits $300- 500Some wiring required for the H13 kitNo room to mount ballasts

Jerry's install zerothread/211809

Return to “Nissan Articles”