Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Crystalship1
Car: 2013 Rogue S / AWD /Graphite Blue / Auto CVT / 2.5L I-4

Hello All,

This Friday afternoon (if all goes as planned), I'll be picking-up a one owner, CarFax certified, 2013 Rogue S in Graphite blue that has only 25K miles. It's pretty basic with the only real option being AWD. It comes with steel wheels, so I plan on having my local Discount Tire order me a set of Momo "Winter" alloy wheels. IMHO, these look quite respectable for $95 each! ;)

Being a disabled person who lives on a very meager income, I have a feeling that this is going to be in my possession for a very long time. I'm buying this based on the fact that if my ex-wife can't destroy a Nissan (she's had 3 now), then they MUST be near bullet-proof!!! :rotfl

Anyway....... wish me well and I plan to be on here a lot seeing "what's what" in the world of Rogues!!!

Thanks,

Roger (Crystalship1)

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome: Roger!

Dude. Using ex-wife AND bullet proof in the same sentence. :crazy:

That mileage sounds rather on the high side. Will you be taking it to another shop for a second evaluation?

stevesgarden.1
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

philipa_240sx wrote:Welcome new members and Rogue owners! Post an introduction here first.

If you have a specific question and cannot find an answer, please start a separate post.
New to the Forum . I have a 2009 Rogue with about 55,000 miles. It has been a good car for us so far. My 1st Nissan. I can see the forum has a great deal of good info and I'll be returning often. I'll start a new thread on my door handle issue. :(

_dadgad
Car: 2012 Rogue SL

Soon to be a Rogue owner. Waiting for a 2012 SV AWD from Carmax. Taking a step down, sizewise, from a 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, but at least I'll get the same or a little better gas mileage. Oh, Black Amethyst (purple).

nymind
Car: 2013 Rouge

Hello all, I just got a 2013 Rouge Bright sliver with the special edition package. I got the two front windows tinted 35%, which make a small difference but its better then roasting while i'm driving. I will be adding rain deflectors next month and a set of nerf style running boards (stainless steel). I was thinking about black but all that chrome it might not look right.

mag318
Car: Nissan Rogue

When the Rogue was first released in 2008 I bought one and it was a great vehicle, the only vehicle I ever kept for 5 years. Last year wanting to try something different I traded the Rogue in on a 2014 Altima 3.5SL. Now the Altima was a fantastic car and a lot of fun, that is until the snow started falling here in Illinois, I immediately missed the 2008 Rogue which was actually fun to drive in the snow.
When I saw that the Rogue was going to be updated for 2014 I queried my dealer and finally today he got one in I could live with. It's a Graphite Blue SL AWD that was loaded with options, even a few I don't need like the crossbars for the roof rails that I'll never use. Since this was the 5'th vehicle I bought from this dealer he sold it for invoice which knocked the price down considerably. The interior is very similar to my 2013 Altima so most of the controls are nearly identical. Nissan brought their A game to the Rogue for 2014 and if it's as good as my 2008 was I'll be very happy. Now I don't care if it snows again.

MorrenCraige
Car: BMW 7

I just bought a Rogue last week and its growing on me! I always drove sports cars but needed something for all seasons. Other then the fact the Rogue is slow as hell i'm really liking it lol. Big difference going from a 426hp Camaro to a 4 banger

kmfleet
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

I bought my second Rogue 6 months ago, my first was a 2009 AWD. This one is a 13 SV model without the AWD. In Eastern NC you just don't need AWD and that was the only problem I ever had with the original one. I love the Rogue and think Nissan hot one out of the ballpark with the cre :dblthumb: ation!

ALOHA808
Car: 2014 Nissan Rouge SL FWD
2006 Chevy Silverado LS

Aloha all, new here to the forums and happy to join this community.
My wife and I just purchased our first brand new car from Tony Nissan here in Oahu, Hawaii.
We got a 2014 Nissan Rouge SL FWD. Exterior & Interior is both black.

So far it is bone stock, besides all of the technology and gadgets it comes with. Now I am looking to throw all kinds of accessories on it. Will be posting some pics later when its all washed up!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome: Glad to have the newbies aboard! :wavey:

lilone21804
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello guys, just got my new Rogue about two weeks ago. So far I'm loving it. I have a 2012 SL AWL Gray with the premium package. The only thing I've done to it so far is having a Viper 5904 remote start/security system with the window sensor installed. Yes this does have the intelligent key, and everything integrated perfectly. I've ordered the K&N air filter for it and also an interior led light package for it. I'm also in the process of installing a 12" sub woofer into it. I'm looking into installing the chrome side steps and and front bull nose. I look forward to learning more about this car from all the information posted to this site.

obwan
Car: 2013 Rouge Special Edition

Hi All,

Just picked up a new 2013 rouge Special Edition. AWD can be turned off and on with a switch. Looking forward to your hints and tips.

Thanks,

obwan

silvermaxd
Car: 2000 Nissan Maxima

Just picked up a 2014 SL AWD Granite Blue Yesterday. I've been trolling this forum for a while before buying. I hope this vehicle does as well as my 2000 maxima has been to me.

Question: My owners manual came in a plastic bag and I was wondering if this is the norm because every other vehicle I've had the owners manual came in a neoprene zippered sleeve. Maybe the dealer didn't give it to me.

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

There should have been a black synthetic pouch/sleeve that will hold the manuals. Usually the kid doing the PDI will remove the plastic from the manuals and stick them in the sleeve for you....at least this is what my dealer does.

silvermaxd
Car: 2000 Nissan Maxima

found it all under seat :woot:
RyleyinSTL wrote:There should have been a black synthetic pouch/sleeve that will hold the manuals. Usually the kid doing the PDI will remove the plastic from the manuals and stick them in the sleeve for you....at least this is what my dealer does.

JimDV
Car: 2014 Rogue S

This is my first Rogue, but my 6th Nissan. I have owned a B210, a 200SX,and 3 Z cars. I was not driving my 350z very much so I traded it and a Chevy Equinox for the S model Rogue.
I am truly and SUV guy and have also owned. Land Rover and 2 Ford Explorers.

It has only been 2 days with the Rogue and so far so good. I am disappointed to learn that the radio is not X/M radio compatible!!!! AND also that the headlights do not have the Auto-on feature. My Equinox had that and a few more tech goodies that the Nissan, but the beat goes on.

I am a fisherman and skeet shooter. Has anyone " tricked out" their Rogue or made it into an Outdoors guys machine?
Jim :cool:

JimDV
Car: 2014 Rogue S

This is my first Rogue, but my 6th Nissan. I have owned a B210, a 200SX,and 3 Z cars. I was not driving my 350z very much so I traded it and a Chevy Equinox for the S model Rogue.
I am truly and SUV guy and have also owned. Land Rover and 2 Ford Explorers.

It has only been 2 days with the Rogue and so far so good. I am disappointed to learn that the radio is not X/M radio compatible!!!! AND also that the headlights do not have the Auto-on feature. My Equinox had that and a few more tech goodies that the Nissan, but the beat goes on.

I am a fisherman and skeet shooter. Has anyone " tricked out" their Rogue or made it into an Outdoors guys machine?
Jim :cool:

JB'sTitanXD
Car: 2017 Titan XD Cummins

My SL has the auto feature and sat radio. S trim lacks alot of the tech stuff

dannypass
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue

Hello Everyone, My name is Danny, I am from New York. I have a 2010 Nissan Rogue, Base model in Indigo Blue. I have nothing major work done yet. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

ristau5741

Hey all, I recently picked up a 2011 Rogue SV, silver, black interior, leather, power, nav, sunroof, etc with 19K miles enjoying it so far... looking forward to all the catchup and participation here.

protomok
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 S FWD

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, we have a black (I think "Super Black") 2009 Nissan Rogue S FWD. The only modification our Rogue came with is tinted windows (all 4 windows + rear window). I mainly joined the forum to learn how to do more car repairs and modifications.

Here's some modifications I'm considering:
-> Install a new Head Unit, not having bluetooth is painful :(
-> Rear View Camera Install
-> Install new speakers and possibly an amp...I have not been impressed with the Rogue's sound quality so far
-> Alloy wheels
-> Cold air intake

BTW does anyone know if I can transfer my tires from my current steel wheels to alloy wheels, or would I need to buy new tires too?

Mark

Roguish
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

Hi there! Picked up my 2014 Rogue SV with Family Tech Package last Wednesday, in Cayenne Red. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this vehicle! In order to get the red I had to take one that had a few accessories added, such as roof rack cross-bars (they look great), illuminated kick plates (kind of cool but I wouldn't have chosen them myself), and a rear cargo cover.

I've owned two Mazdas previously, and fully expected to end up with a Mazda CX-5 this time around, but one look at (and test drive of) the Rogue totally changed my mind.

I'm having a few issues with the iPod interface and texting right now, but hope to figure it out one of these days. (The sales rep couldn't figure it out, but I'll bet the answer lies somewhere on this forum!)

Great board here, with lots of helpful information. Thanks for letting me play!

JB'sTitanXD
Car: 2017 Titan XD Cummins

The radio is buggy on the 14s', so we are just waiting for a update to come out

Roguish

Thanks for letting me know! I'm going a bit nuts reading the manuals, Googling, and trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'll sit back and be patient. :)

Jasunf
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV

Posted this orignally in the wrong spot. I put it under the 2014 thread in my haste I read that as this is the year 2014 post your intro here :( Not people who purchased 2014 rogues sorry. For some reason I can't edit or delete my post sooo... Someone more important than me will have to delete it.

Hello everyone! Been a nissan fan for quite some time. Started with my first brand new Sentra back in 98. Then a 2000 Frontier when they redid the front end. Then got an 03 Xterra I had a long time. Briefly owned an F150 FX2 then got tired of 100 bux a fill up. Talked the wife into trading her Honda in for a Nissan Rogue. Then some years later she wanted an Infiniti so we traded my car in and got her an EX35. I then took over her Rogue as I grown to love that thing.

His and Hers below. Pretty much stock I upgraded wheels and tires on both. The rogue has a complete new sound system all the way through with a 10 inch kicker to add a bit of depth.

MercuryAlpha
Car: Rogue

Hey all!

Well, after lurking for several years, I finally made an account. My Rogue is an '08 AWD S that I bought new many years ago. I first stumbled onto the forum while looking for DIY pointers, but decided not to join. Coming from a basic knowledge of car care, the DIY Page (the-official-rogue-faq-information-answ ... 07234.html) has been an enormous help. After reading several of the service How-To's and checking out some of the videos (eg. ImStricken's service walk-throughs), I braved my first DIY jobs and haven't looked back. Not only from a financial, but also a knowledge/confidence in mechanical ability standpoint, I have to thank all of the members on here for your advice and input on several issues and questions I have been too afraid to ask.

As the miles continue to add up on my Rogue, I hope to interact with you guys more, find out how to keep it running for a long time to come, and to see what cool and interesting things people are doing with their Rogues.

Cheers!
~MercuryAlpha

Jimmy6
Car: 2009 Rogue S (mine)
2012 Frontier King-Cab (pop)
2013 Murano SV (mum)

Hello,

Thought I said hi. I always like to join a forum for the vehicle I own, coming from the acurazine after selling my 97 CL of nearly 5 years. I paid 5000 to my mom for her 2009 S when i started my first legit 9-5 job, thanks mom! Been pretty happy about it, I do miss having a trunk to 'hide' stuff. I hope to find great info from users and what not. I'm pretty into the DIY but I am fortunate to have a father who spent years as a mechanic. I'm from a Nissan family, 97 Altima was my first car. My dad had the 95 hardbody, 08 Sentra and now the 2012 Frontier. Mum has the Murano. Bro had my dad's old 03 Frontier before moving to the '14 F150.

So far the Rogue has been good to me for my trips across Texas, fishing trips and my daily commute (obviously). Still gotta try it out as my camping/adventure vehicle when I can build enough vacation time. I enjoy the Rogue and plan to own for a few more years, after my loans are paid off I might move off to the Xterra or Wrangler, of full size pickup.

Hope to make friends, and learn a lot.

Purple20
Car: Nissan Rogue S 2009

philipa_240sx wrote:Welcome new members and Rogue owners! Post an introduction here first.

If you have a specific question and cannot find an answer, please start a separate post.
We are planning to buy rim (size 18') for Nissan Rouge S 2009. What's the compatible rim width and tire thickness. Thanks!

rtrek
Car: 2013 Rogue SL AWD

Just got a 2013 Rogue SL AWD 2 weeks ago. Technically it was used but it only had 51 miles on it. Silver with black leather interior. Love it so far.

The week before my wife got a used 2012 Rogue S with 32000 miles on it and that gave me the bug. Yes she already wants us to switch. ;)

Nammer403

Hello everyone I'm from Calgary Alberta! I picked up the 2014 Rouge SL fully loaded black with black leather. Love the car so far only been a week.. Came from driving 2006 MDX to this
Looking to get some rims this summer, other than that hello,all

Return to “Rogue Forum”