Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
scottso
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Scott from New Jersey here. I have a 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD, and have been pretty happy with it so far EXCEPT for two major issues with the transmission. Going in search of proper sub-forum now to get some info, hopefully.

pooh617
Car: 2013 rogue

Greetings Rogue owners, proud new owner of a 2013 SL. Drastic car change from a 2005 G35 to a SUV but I just love the lines of this car plus I now have the ability to go to Lowes and not have to borrow someones truck to haul my purchases home.

shyRogue13
Car: 2013 Rogue SV with premium package

Greetings all. Bought a 2013 Rogue on my 31st b'day, a week back. Very Happy with it so far except couple of minor complaints. It might sound cliched but the forum is awesome. Looking forward to learn more from you guys and if possible, contribute in whatever way I can.

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Welcome guys :)

Jackwaggon
Car: 2011 Rouge

Hello everyone. Just bought a 2011 Rouge SL. It is actually the ol' lady's car, but guess who is responsible for upgrades, maintenance, and cleaning the car?? Anyway I look forward to learning all I can about the Rouge.

christo89
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Package!

Hi!

I'm Christo89 from Quebec. I'm now registered since 1 week and I want to introduce myself.

I'm studying at University and just bought a 2008 Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Package on January 30!

I'm loving it!

So... here is Roger :

amandachik
Car: Had a 2009 Rogue in Wicked Black
Now have 2013 Rogue in Frosted Steel

Amanda here

Just got my second Rogue. I had the 09 in Wicked Black. Now have the 13 in Frosted Steel Special Edition.

LOVE it!!! :chuckle:

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

Christo89 & amandachik :welcome:

hcsteve
Car: 2013 Rogue S (Platinum Graphite)

Hi All,

I took delivery of my 2013 Rogue S in Platinum Graphite on Monday. I'm loving this car so far. It's bone stock right now but I'm already thinking about adding a new head unit with nav and a backup camera. Found lots of helpful stuff on the forum so far, so thanks for that! :dblthumb:

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

hcsteve, :welcome:

Baje
Car: 08 rogue

Wats good :naughty:

Baje
Car: 08 rogue

What's good. People recently bought a 08 rogue already had to take it it for a bad right coupler in the rear end $1500 repair.drives great now added 17" rims n plan on addin head unit with back up cam n nav

N.Saibot

whats goody, just wanna say hello to all!! im gonna post a pic or 2 to show u what im moving in!

Snowdo61
Car: 2011 nissan rogue

Newbie here where do I post a pic of my ride?

shyRogue13
Car: 2013 Rogue SV with premium package

Snowdo61 wrote:Newbie here where do I post a pic of my ride?
Here show-off-your-rogue-post-1-picture-here-t554984.html

daltonvol
Car: 2014 Rogue SL (Premium Pkg)
Traded - 2013 Rogue SV (SL Package)
2011 Maxima S

Hello, I've had my Rogue for 2-3 weeks now. 2013 SV with SL package, black. My previous vehicle was a 2004 black Murano SL...I really loved it. Transmission died at 120,018 miles and Nissan wouldn't cover it. I was ready to abandon the brand (we've had a total of 9 Nissan vehicles) but figured I wouldn't get any trade value for it at another dealership. Surprisingly, the dealer we used gave us $4,250 for it with the dead transmission, and I got the Rogue for $500 over invoice with $2,500 in dealer/manufacturer rebates...so I felt pretty good about our deal. I'm still getting used to the smaller engine and less-roomy interior but am really liking the extra features (navigation, backup cam, all-around view, bluetooth, iPhone/iPod integration, etc.) and can fill up the tank for $20 cheaper than the Murano while getting almost as many miles per tank!

ejohler
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD with Bose Sound, Paddle Shifters, Bluetooth

Hi I was just browsing the web to find info on redoing my brakes saw this site and registered as I'm getting to a point where i no longer want to take the car to the dealer for repairs i can do (i.e.brakes) I can't complain about my 2009 SL AWD with premium package (Bose sound, Bluetooth, etc) bought since new. Love the no key and phone controls. Used the shift paddles a lot in the beginning and probably will again this summer as I'll be trailering a small boat a lot and must keep the rpm up to get maximum torque. She has been a good car for me and now with 82K miles on it I need to replace the brakes all around except in the beginning when I had a heater blower noise that was taken care off by the Japanese Engineers that came over to investigate, but that is a story for some other time.

RDub
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Hi all,

I bought my Rogue in February.Fixing my Altima with all its mileage after my accident wasn't worth it. So far I love the car :) taking it up to Big Sur and then Oregon in a few months. It's looking like I need a new brake light switch but someone on here posted a great DIY.

09RogueGirl
Car: Nissan Rogue

Hey everyone :mike I purchased a 2009 Rogue last June! By far she is the best car I have ever owned!!

Sr20detwanabe
Car: Nissan rogue,sr86,x5 e70

Hi everyone. I just bought a 2013 rogue fwd for my wife. And i want to do a stance on it, i see the thread of slimrogueslemmed and it really amaze me for what his done to his rogue mybe he. Can help me on this project. Thanks

mikess
Car: 2013 Rogue S with SE package Amethyst Black

Hi guys, I just bought a 2013 FWD S SE package Nissan Rogue in Amethyst Black. I had been browsing the forums for some time now, decided to register today :)

mikess
Car: 2013 Rogue S with SE package Amethyst Black

Guys, I have a quick question. My Rogue has a power sunroof, part of it's SE package. Sunroof is working as it should. However, I have noticed that when the sunroof is completely closed with the sun shade completely closed as well, I can visibly see the shiny metal railing below the sun shade. I can only see the side close to the passenger side, the rest is nice and flush and is not visible when sun shade is fully closed. Only the passenger side is visible, is this normal? Or could this be a manufacturing defect?

TrevorK
Car: 11 Rogue SV FWD

Unfortunately I cannot provide any advice on your problem as I do not have a sunroof. All I know is that when something is noticeable different in two spots where it should be the same, it usually is not intentional.

That said, welcome!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

mikess wrote:Guys, I have a quick question. My Rogue has a power sunroof, part of it's SE package. Sunroof is working as it should. However, I have noticed that when the sunroof is completely closed with the sun shade completely closed as well, I can visibly see the shiny metal railing below the sun shade. I can only see the side close to the passenger side, the rest is nice and flush and is not visible when sun shade is fully closed. Only the passenger side is visible, is this normal? Or could this be a manufacturing defect?
1) :welcome:

2) :worthless:

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

:welcome:

moving to the new member thread

DTASFAB

After some CVT concerns, I bought a brand new 2013 Rogue SV AWD last week. The only competing vehicle I really seriously considered was the 2014 CX-5 with the 184hp engine (couldn't look at leftover 2013s because they all have the smaller 155hp engine), but in the end, there were too many things about the Rogue I liked better, including the price. This is the first time I've ever bought a new car and the first time I've regularly driven a new car since my father bought one in 1996.

It has the premium package but not the SL package, because I did not want leather. I love the color they call Frosted Steel. Most of the time it's pale light blue, but depending on the sun and clouds, sometimes it looks more silver and the blue is hardly visible. This paint changes color like a chameleon. Not only is it not offered by any other manufacturer to my knowledge, but Nissan doesn't even offer it on any other model. The interior is black premium fabric.

It came from the factory with splash guards, carpeted mats and cargo protector, illuminated kick plates, and rear bumper protector. I also added the rubber all season mats, cargo cover, wheel locks, airbag security bolts, and side window deflectors. According to the custom build option on nissanusa.com, this vehicle as configured has an MSRP of $27,664. I ended up getting it for $26,350 out the door. They also threw in 4 free oil changes and 2 free tire rotations that expire in a year. I didn't even ask for that. Service should be remarkably convenient, since the showroom and service departments are in the same building, less than 700 feet from the front door of my house.

The side window deflectors were backordered, so I have to take it back to the dealer next week to get them installed after delivery. Otherwise I'm very happy with it so far. I picked it up last Friday and it now has 362 miles, 300 of which are mine. It had 62 when I picked it up, because the dealer had to swap it from another location within the dealership group. I'm not sure if I want to keep the carpeted mats or sell them. I'm keeping the cargo protector, so I'm not sure how much the 4 mats would be worth. Nissan only sells the 5 pieces as a package for $190 or the cargo protector alone for $71, but I don't know if the 4 mats would be worth the difference of $119. I've been driving around with them in the cargo area with the rubber mats installed and the fit is absolutely perfect, so I don't want to mess with them. I haven't seen a cargo net offered by Nissan like the one Mazda offers on the CX-5, but I'd be interested in something like that to hold my crap in place in the back of the vehicle.

The title says the vehicle was sold with 61 miles, but after they took it to the gas station and moved it around the lot and service area a few times, it had 62 miles when I picked it up. My fuel gauge is now near empty and the range is at 53 remaining miles, so I figure getting 350+ miles out of the first tank isn't bad. Hopefully I'll get it up to 400 on the next tank.

I'm definitely going to use one of the free oil changes after the break-in period. Not sure if I should do it at 1000 or 1500. I'll probably wait until around 29K to get the CVT fluid changed, since I only heard whine for about 5 seconds when the car was cold and I first started driving it yesterday morning without really giving it a chance to warm up. Then it went away immediately, and I haven't heard anything even close to CVT whine before or since. So my CVT fluid level is probably good I think, and I don't want to mess with it. I'm wondering if most dealers do a drain and refill or if they'd be willing to do a full CVT flush. I'll pay extra for it to avoid problems down the road. I also think the noise I heard may have been totally unrelated to the CVT, since I drove for about 30 feet (at very slow speed) with the parking brake on until I realized something wasn't right. It could have been the brakes crying, not the transmission. I don't remember for sure if that was the same trip or a different one. I'm still not used to the location of that foot brake, but I always engage it to save stress on the CVT when parked.

I'm planning to take some pictures and post them in the picture thread, but I got busy and didn't have a chance today.

The posting I responded to described my Rogue as, "Cute vehicle in need of a good home. Very well mannered and rarely requires feeding. Does not bite! :)"

After bringing my Rogue home, I gave him a name. My Rogue's name is IGGY. He hates the terms sport utility, crossover, SUV, and CUV. He prefers being referred to as a "little truck," or for those who want to be more technical, a "tall Sentra."

Katnip
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Bought my 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD brand new. Love this vehicle. Joined this site to find the best replacement tires for it and will go on a search now in the forum.

Rocatah
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hi. Tracy in Maine here.
Just bought my 2008 Rogue SL AWD. It's not the fancy model but I absolutely love it. It's so quiet and runs so smooth compared to my 2000 GMC Jimmy. The MPG is SO much better too. Just wanted to introduce myself to other Roguers and say hi.
Be safe

Tracy

sizzlefreak50

I just bought a 2013 Rouge S today. I paid 500 over dealer invoice with 0% financing. I like the CVT so far. The engine compartment looks well laid out and routine maintenance items easy to get to, compared to our minivan.

FarNorthGal
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Hey-O I bought my 2008 Rogue brand new and have been having some slight problems/issues and decided to join to see what advice I can get and give!

Return to “Rogue Forum”