Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
MHC F150
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue
2006 Ford F-150
2004 Nissan Altima
1986 Nissan Pulsar

New here and to the Rogue, but not to Nissan ('76 Datsun B210, '86 Pulsar, '93 Sentra SER, '96 Sentra, '04 Altima). Recently purchased a 2013 Rogue S (Special Edition) for the wife and handing down the Altima to our oldest daughter. Was referred to this site from a Ford forum I frequent and former Rogue owner.

kstevusa
Car: 2013 Rogue SV FWD

NOOB here, have a 2013 Rogue SV (Color code FAF, Airtec Blue ,Frosted Steel Met. , Light Blue Met. w/ Clear ??) Really wanted to try the CVT tranny. Other cars are 2012 Camry and 1978 MGB with 5.0L Mustang Drive Train. Yes, I am a Boomer. My first impression on the Rogue, I LIKE IT! Seem like a great forum and useful info. SAFETY FASTER!

Limus66
Car: Rogue 2010 SL AWD

Hi everybody,
I just bought a rogue 2010 SL awd used and Im thinking to install a remote starter but I don't know where can I go or which one do I have to use :crazy: . I have concerns because the smart key............ Any help?????????????

NobleSavage
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S

Following the funeral for my 2001 Jetta, I have just purchased my first new car of all time and it is the 2013 Rogue S, color K51 - Gray Metallic. I'm very happy with it, so far, and hopeful for some good MPG and reliability.

I am looking forward to picking up a few accessories and I have found the NICO forums in order to cover my bumper when I start having questions.

I'm glad to see a lot of happy owners out there.

Meromorph
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue Special Edition

I'm an Expatriate Brit. Bought my Rogue a couple of months ago, trading in my Chevy Avalanche which I'd had for 10 years.
I love this Rogue..
:)

NightRogue
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Greetings All,

I'm a brand new 2013 Nissan Rogue SV AWD owner in Wisconsin and am happy to have found the Nicoclub forums. :)
I started searching on the internet about installing fog lights and the Nicoclub came up first on the list... and for good reason! What a wealth of information!

While I am happy with my new ride, I'd like to customize it a little bit, and the lack of foglights ticked me off a little. So I'm here to customize on the cheap, as I refuse to pay a dealership any more money than I already did for the car, lol.

Glad to be here, and looking forward to chatting with you all!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Limus66 wrote:Hi everybody,
I just bought a rogue 2010 SL awd used and Im thinking to install a remote starter but I don't know where can I go or which one do I have to use :crazy: . I have concerns because the smart key............ Any help?????????????
Welcome! You may find the search feature comes in handy.
avital-4003-add-on-remote-start-t571348 ... te%20start
auto-start-t288465-30.html?hilit=remote%20start
2011-rogue-viper-5704-starter-alarm-system-t581665.html

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Meromorph wrote:I'm an Expatriate Brit. Bought my Rogue a couple of months ago, trading in my Chevy Avalanche which I'd had for 10 years.
I love this Rogue..
:)
:welcome:

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

NobleSavage wrote:Following the funeral for my 2001 Jetta, I have just purchased my first new car of all time and it is the 2013 Rogue S, color K51 - Gray Metallic. I'm very happy with it, so far, and hopeful for some good MPG and reliability.

I am looking forward to picking up a few accessories and I have found the NICO forums in order to cover my bumper when I start having questions.

I'm glad to see a lot of happy owners out there.
Hey there! There are some excellent sellers on ebay as well (no disrespect to the fine sellers here). I picked up my Window Vents, Moon Roof Wind Deflector, Cargo Mat Liner, and other items from sellers in the US and UK.

patorz31
Car: 1987 300zx turbo
1971 240zx
2013 Rogue SL AWD
2007 Jeep JK Unlimited
looking for a Patrol SWB

Hello all, my name is Patrick. I am new to the NICO Rogue forum but not to Nissan's. I recently got the wife a 2013 SL AWD (Canadian Model) and she loves it. Had Nissan's in my life since my first car. I love Nissan's so much I work at Canada's #1 Nissan Dealership. I look forward to talking with you all.

Pat

nelix_ca
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue

Hi all! I just bought my first Nissan Rogue S. 2010 bare bones (Canadian). First time buying a "Foreign" car. Always owned a Ford because I worked there and before that G.M. So now that retirement has settled in, I am becoming adventuresome.
I just love the car. Only had it a week but the gas mileage is sure better than my last vehicle. It will be interesting to see how it handles in the snow, not that we get anymore than anyone else. I wanted a smaller suv that I could still pull my utility trailer with and I think this will do the trick.

2013RogueSE
Car: 2013 Rogue FWD

Been lurking here for a while and finally decided to register. I bought a brand new 2013 Rogue S FWD last month and did my first oil change today, so far so good, no complaints except for some noises when driving on bumpy roads. It's my first Nissan and first Japanese branded car.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

2013RogueSE wrote:Been lurking here for a while and finally decided to register. I bought a brand new 2013 Rogue S FWD last month and did my first oil change today, so far so good, no complaints except for some noises when driving on bumpy roads. It's my first Nissan and first Japanese branded car.
:welcome:

CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

Hi.
I did my research and ordered a 14 Forester. I was going to buy it Saturday but took a detour and test drove a 14 Rogue.
Still negotiating purchase price, I expect to be in one within a week.
Everyone LOVES their Foresters and I was looking for that same feeling.
I really like the Rogue, hoping that changes to love, soon.

CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

I bought a grey Rogue SV New Years eve and happy so far.

Von-T
Car: 2016 Rogue SL Premium

Hi everyone - I just bought a silver 2014 SL AWD last week, my first new car. Day after purchase, we got about 6" snow, plus another 14" over the last week. Wife and I are loving it. Old car wouldn't have even made it out of the parking lot. Looking to install remote start if anyone has info on the '14 changes from previous ignition (if any).

drchompers
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hi all-

Just traded in my 2008 Versa for a new 2014 Rogue SL AWD. Am loving it so far!

-Dan

AFlipBro
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV Trim AWD w/ SV Premium Package

Hello everyone and Happy New Year (11 Days and counting)!

I am New to Nissan as well as to the Rogue. I purchased a 2014 Rogue SV Trim AWD w/ SV Premium Package in Brilliant Silver (Actually wanted Gun Metal Color -NA in Western Region in US) after Christmas 2013. I have about 650 miles now on odometer since this is now my commuter vehicle. I upgraded from a 2007 Honda Civic LX Sedan (automatic) that is fully paid off. I am extremely happy of my purchase and glad I didn't choose to purchase either a 2014 Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V, or Toyota RAV-4. My apology for a long introduction.

gt57
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue
2014 Nissan Altima

On my second Rogue.
#1 - '08 bought in May '08 drove for 88,000 (traded-in on a '14)
#2 - '14 bought in November '13

Test drove a '14 CX-5 (loved it), and '14 Escape (nice chops but hated the ride). The Rogue styling, size and features won me over (again). The '14 is much improved over its predecessor.

I have the AWD SL without the panoramic moon roof option. Wanted blue but none available so went for the white (white has a better resale value). Over 2,000 miles and happy.

lopki12
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

Hi all. Just bought a 2014 Rogue S nothing too fancy but still very nice. I previously had a 2006 Altima (now my husband has it). We have loved owning the Nissan brand. I am new to forums and I am going to try to post a separate thread about a problem we have had with our Rogue after owning it for 8 days. I look forward to great insight and getting to know more about my car. This seems like a mature environment for serious car owners.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Just wanted to give a great big :welcome: to all the new members! :bigthumb:

Take some time to peruse the site. You may find something useful posted in other sections, especially the General Chat area, so don't limit yourself to the Rogue forum. Enjoy!

JohnMC
Car: 2010 Rogue

I have a 2010 Gothom Gray ( black leather interior) Rogue..love it!! I'm from Pennsylvania..glad to be on this Forum

egor's mom

Hello all! :wavey: And a huge thank you for this forum. I recently got a 2010 Rogue AWD Krom with 19k miles for $17,495. I'm getting 24 mpg, with rural driving.

Rogue spelled backwards and dropped the u = egor. :chuckle:

I went from a 2000 Taurus (had it 12 Years) to this beautiful ride. Needless to say it was very different from what I was used to and I had so many questions. I found this forum and have read almost every post.

The original reason I searched was the 1200 to 1400 CVT vibration, and was so relieved to know it was normal. It does not bother me but of course I was concerned at first that there was something wrong.

I read the post on the lower door sill scratching and found that Egor does also have scratches. I couldn't believe how much gravel was there, lots of gravel here in PA from snowy roads. The suggested film has been ordered. Thanks.

I've learned more about the Rogue here than I ever expected and appreciate all the content everyone has contributed. I feel I know more about the Rogue than any car that I've had before.

I so value what I learned about the AWD and how it operates, starting in Awd and around turns. Very informative.

The things I love -
~clean lines, I appreciate the minimal chrome
~cvt, now that I'm more knowledgable about it
~the dash, simple and clean, love the little port vents
~the pickup and go, I feel it's pretty perky
~the wonderful heat (reason the Taurus finally went was the heat block was gone)
~the cargo area, it is the perfect size for me
~the style, it is just plain sexy

Off to read more threads. Again thanks for all you do. It is so appreciated! :dblthumb: Rose from PA, USA

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

egor's mom wrote:Hello all! :wavey: And a huge thank you for this forum. I recently got a 2010 Rogue AWD Krom with 19k miles for $17,495. I'm getting 24 mpg, with rural driving.

Rogue spelled backwards and dropped the u = egor. :chuckle:

I went from a 2000 Taurus (had it 12 Years) to this beautiful ride. Needless to say it was very different from what I was used to and I had so many questions. I found this forum and have read almost every post.

The original reason I searched was the 1200 to 1400 CVT vibration, and was so relieved to know it was normal. It does not bother me but of course I was concerned at first that there was something wrong.

I read the post on the lower door sill scratching and found that Egor does also have scratches. I couldn't believe how much gravel was there, lots of gravel here in PA from snowy roads. The suggested film has been ordered. Thanks.

I've learned more about the Rogue here than I ever expected and appreciate all the content everyone has contributed. I feel I know more about the Rogue than any car that I've had before.

I so value what I learned about the AWD and how it operates, starting in Awd and around turns. Very informative.

The things I love -
~clean lines, I appreciate the minimal chrome
~cvt, now that I'm more knowledgable about it
~the dash, simple and clean, love the little port vents
~the pickup and go, I feel it's pretty perky
~the wonderful heat (reason the Taurus finally went was the heat block was gone)
~the cargo area, it is the perfect size for me
~the style, it is just plain sexy

Off to read more threads. Again thanks for all you do. It is so appreciated! :dblthumb: Rose from PA, USA
:welcome: Awesome first post! Your naming idea... Genius! :bowrofl: When you get a chance, post some pics of your new baby. Glad to have you here!

xdepp043

Hello all,,, just bought the new 2014 Rogue SL for my wife, so far she loves it, still getting use to the cvt tranny, also have a 2005 Armada which is mine and its been well behaved so far, just the brake rotor problem which the dealer took care of.

NissanNewbette
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014

Greetings! We just purchased a new 2014 Rogue. Started looking at a new CRV but it was too blah. Then we looked at good ol' Subaru and were disappointed with the new Forester. I researched some more and decided the Mazda Cx-5 sounded like the car for me but I was also interested in the 7 seater option of the new Rogue. Cx-5 just felt weird. Test drove the Rogue and fell in love! It ticked off all the boxes we had on our list! Plus it looked WAY better than the sad CRV.

We also have a 2012 STI and just sold our trusty Tacoma. :'(

pure drive
Car: Nissan Rouge 2014

Hello,
Thanks for this valuable information through different forums. I just got my new 2014 Rogue Sl with premium package in Canada. I am new to forum but not new to Nissan. I owned 2008 Altima. I did liked my Altima and so purchased new Rogue but not happy so far. I will post my concerns in respective topics.
Thank you again.

pramesharyal80
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008

I have a Nissan Rogue 2008 AWD. Currently, 59K Miles on it. On Thursday, when it was -1 degrees outside, the engine started making a mild throbbing noise (like git-git-git) when I was leaving the accelerator. That is, not when I was pushing the gas pedal but only when I was leaving the gas pedal – at any speed. Then later that day, while returning from Office it started making noise near the gear handle area. The sound was like a gear shaft being knocked on. It persisted for 4-5 miles initially when I started (it was cold outside -4 Degrees). Then that noise / sound went away. Now it is only the mild throbbing noise (like git-git-git) when I drive. This time whether I push accelerator or not. Any suggestions on the prognosis? Please. Thank You.

CmdrData

Hi All,

Newbie here, picked up my "new to me" 2011 Rogue SL w/51k KM 3 weeks ago. I find myself reading so much of the FAQs & DIYs, I'm hardly getting anything done at work! :rotflmao Since I'm new to Nissan at well, hope to learn as much as I could here.

Cheers!

CRASHNATIONAL
Car: 2013 Rogue

Hi all, just joined. I just stumbled on this site and thought I'd join. I have a 2013 Rogue SE. Chevy guy most of my life, except for a Toyota Tercel that I owned a few years ago. From Vancouver. First Nissan I've owned and so far I like it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”