Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
aeproberts21

My wife just picked up her new 2009 Silver Rogue S today.

I spend most of my time modifying my VW GTI or Motorcycle, but I figured I would register on here to get information about her car to make sure we avoid possible problems. I probably won't be here a whole lot, but I will try and post up any changes I make to her car.

First will probably be investigating a way to add fog lights to her car.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Welcome to the forum. A lot of information here.

Rogue Texan
Car: 2009 Rogue SL

Well, hi all...hope I am doing this right. Just bought our Rogue last Saturday 12/6/08, silver with leather and technology package, did not want a moon/sunroof, but still need the spoiler!!! So far, love it love it love it...my old car was a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant that was still running strong mechanically but lots of little things starting to go so it was time. I'll miss it. Test drove a few other CUV's and cars, but there was no comparison. I opted for a CUV as there is a CURB to go up to get in our driveway and I could not bear the thought of a brand new car scraping bottom!! Also, I love our Xterra - I would have gotten one but hubby said no way, not two just alike - erego - ROGUE! :-) (Did I mention though that it was love at first sight when I saw the commercial for one??) I had always liked the look of the Murano's but did not need a larger vehicle...

xtbone
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue - SL AWD - Iridium Graphite

Howdy! Thanks to everybody's posts on here, you guys and gals helped me make the best purchase of my life so far (and the biggest =[ ). I picked up my Iridium Graphite SL AWD with a moon roof, black/red cloth, premium package. Major upgrade from the 03 Malibu with a blown head gasket, let me tell ya! Only downside is the slight fuel economy loss I took moving to the SUV, but its liveable to now be able to transport the road bike and snowboard gear. Thanks for all the help and making my 10h days at the computer that much short with all the helpful info.

RRainman
Car: 2009 Rogue SL

Howdy. My wife and I meet while I was in Indonesia this time last year. I was there for 6 months. Anyhow, we are back in the States now and I have been teaching her to drive on my Caddy (a respectable 22 mpg avg) but it is too big for her.

Anyhow, we started shopping for a small SUV for her. She had her mind set on the Honda CRV. I have had a lot of Honda motorcycles, so I have no doubt about the reliability...which is my primary aspect of a new vehicle for her. I also knew that the Nissan would be just as good in that area.

We pretty much limited our search to these two. I preferred the look of the Rogue, and she preferred the Honda. However, she left the choice up to me even though it would be her CUV. When I showed her the features you get on the Rogue compared to the Honda, she was almost convinced that the Rogue was the way to go.

Well...we picked up a 2009 Rogue SL, Black, FWD Premium Package, Moonroof and some other bits and goodies. the night before, she couldn't sleep. I pulled in tot he driveway with it and went over the car with her. Later that night she said that she was happy she left the ultimate decision to me because once it was in the driveway, she realized the looks have grown on her and she now prefers the Nissan.

I've put around 150 niles on it so far and I am enjoying it! I am a big man, so the cabins a bit tight for me, but doable. When I replace my Caddy, I may have to consider a Murano.

duanekimball
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

My wife and I picked up an 09 SL AWD Iridium Graphite with black cloth and premium pkg.We put down about $800 and leased for $324/mo in NJ (7% tax) made it $346.68/mo.The car listed at $26255.

So far so good in 20 miles ;p I'm moving from a VW Phaeton, so it's quite a change for me...but economy dictates change.

bakerlebo
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

Just got my new 2009 Rogue SL on Thursday. Black and Black cloth. I've put on around 70 miles city so far. I love it.

It's a 36 month lease, I put $3200 down and I pay $260/month. I only had to put down $1200 but I tacked on another 2G to make my monthly payments lower.

shinji

Hi. My name is Robert. Just got a new Nissan Rogue SL AWD '09 last week and hope to enjoy it. I just got it after having a previous Toyota RAV4.

bcrogue
Car: Rouge S

Hi, I have had my Rouge S FWD Airstream since May2008.My previous vehicle was a 98 Nissan Altima SE

I live in Vancouver, BC Canada aka the great wet coast where we are not supposed see this much snow. So far the Rogue has proven itself to be quite capable.

cdmuile

Welcome!

corwin2k
Car: 2008 Nissan Rouge SL

Just bought a used 2008 Rouge SL...

FanaticalKira
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Hello All! My name is Kira. My husband and I just purchased a Brand new 2009 Nissan Rogue SL FWD for me. I was a former miata and mazda3 driver. I LOVE this car so far!!!

dhoffmann
Car: 2008 nissan rogue

I purchased my 2008 Rogue in July of 2008. SL premium pkg. w/AWD.I am 60 and needed to get out from a 1998 Ford F150 2 wheel drive that Itruely loved. I didn't really need a pick up anymore and the gas mileage was about 15MPG. I was concerned that I'd miss my truck that I used for hunting, hauling yard debris, helping my kids move items from one place to the other etc. butthe Rogue has handled all that kind of stuff plus has introduced me toAWD. I'll never have a vehicle without it if I continue to live in Minnesota and other snow type states. Now that I have over 8,000 miles on it, I feel that I can legitimately give a fair assesment of the Rogue. I did my homework and looked at the Honda and Toyota products but I always went back to Nissan's Rogue. It drove better, was more quiet, and cost less to purchase. My MPG has been from 20-28 depending on city or highway driving. I am very pleased with my purchase and confident that it will last a good long time.

slmaken
Car: 2009 nissan rogue sl wicked black

Hello from North Carolina, I have my 09 Rogue for about a month, Wicked Black, FWD SL, Moonroof, Premium and Leather package. Very comfortable, Love the ride, Love the Bose and Bluetooth. Look under the Hood in the front and read the lable. Hard Clearcoat, Maybe So BUT has NO scuff Resistance. Under direct light shows every surface scratch and scuff mark. I had Black cars in the past and this is the first that scratches so easily. Still Love the car.

cdmuile

Yeah, never had a car that scratched so easily. They say it's because of the new "green" paint the car manufacturers are moving to. If this is true, they had better come up with a different formulation.....and soon!

hammer harry
Car: Nissan Rogue

First I want to say this is a great forum! My wife & I just purchased a Ventian Red SL AWD. Should be picking it up tomorrow. This is my 5th Nissan. My first was a 1969 510! I live in Acton, Ontario, Canada and my profesion is an engineering technologist. We got a great deal on the Rogue. It's a good time to buy.Because of the forum I'm already aware of paint issues at the bottom door sill. Another one is the TPMS sensors. I just bought new rims and winter tires and found out that new sensors are $95 each. The other issue is that whenever the wheels get rotated or changed out they need to be reacquired by the BCM (body control module) at the dealer. I'm still waiting to see how much that cost. If it's too much I might be driving with the low tire pressure light on from day 1 of my ownership. That would suck!

aepop2
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hi! I'm a Nissan owner since March '08. I'm glad I came across this forum because I've already seen a lot of posts about things I wondered about. I have the 2008 Rogue SL AWD in the light grey. I absolutely adore it. It was my first big purchase on my own without daddy's help :-)

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who had an issue with the airbags. I had them fixed back in September, but was never told that there was a recall on them. I also agree that the stereo sound isn't great... being a music fan I was kind of disappointed in the Bose speakers. I was kind of pumped up by the sales man that the sound was going to be something amazing but found that my old Sebring had better sound quality than my Rogue but that's okay because the rest of the car more than makes up for it :-) I also saw on the forum that some people were having Bluetooth problems... I haven't been able to use my Bluetooth yet because it disconnects me after 8 seconds. I'm thinking it's my phone because my phone isn't a "good Bluetooth phone" (according to Verizon people). We'll see... I'll be getting a new one in February.

aem112
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008

Hi my name is Anna and I decided to join this forum after I experienced my first problem with my Rogue today. I purchased my first Nissan Altima while I was in college and had it for 11 years and well over 200k miles. I never had any problem with it and became a huge Nissan fan. When the Rogue came out I fell in love with it and needed a larger vehicle. I traded in my 2006 Infiniti G35 for the Rogue in Feb. of 2008. I have really loved it so far but today I had some transmission problems that I have posted aobut in a separate topic.

I am from FL and work as lawyer - don't hold that against me I am praying that the problem isn't a big deal but at the same time I am very worried and intend to call the dealership first thing in the morning.

I look forward to meeting other Rogue owners and hopefully we can all share information and knowledge.

Thanks, Anna

Black_Sparrow
Car: Nissan Rogue

Got a white 2009 SL AWD fully loaded Canadian model. Envy all of you for being so proud and happy of your car. Mine is only 2 months old and I've already been back to the dealership twice.

dalphoto
Car: rogue 2009

Just got my new Rogue SL AWD w/moonroof, two days ago. So far I like the car a lot and after reading some posts on this forum I'm sure I'll be happy with it. However, I made a big mistake not getting the premium package. I traded in a 2006 Maxima SL that was fully loaded. Now I sorely miss the bluethooth feature as well as the nice Bose stereo, etc. Question, is there anyway this car can be retrofitted with the Premium Package. Thanks all....

FancyFace3000
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD in Silver Ice

'08 Rogue SL AWD
Last edited by FancyFace3000 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stunnerable
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue, SL AWD and 2009 BMW M3 e92

Hey everyone! I know this a little belated but my name is Joe and I purchased a Rogue in February 2008. SL AWD, white with black interior. Love it.. It's a great little car!!! I will post a pic soon.

SenorPayne7
Car: 2008 Black SL AWD Nissan Rogue

Good evening all! I got my 2008 SL AWD Rogue last February for my birthday and i love it. My friends and I have been trying to Mod our cars as much to make them look sweet, and my friend found an online forum for his Audi A4 on Audizine.com so i wanted a similar thing to talk to other Rogue owners so i googled it and i found one...but it was dead, no one was ever on and never posted. So during school today i stumbled across this site! Im glad i found it because now i can discuss with fellow car drivers!!

-See you on the forums-

Stephen

Bob K
Car: Rouge

Hello,I too, am a proud owner of a Rouge.

My interests are to:

Add sound deadening to the rear quarter panelsand,explore rear view cameras and/or back up sensors

If anyone can supply some pictures/drawings on how to remove the rear plastic interior panels , I would appreciate that. In return I willpost pictures and results of my project.

Bob K

boberino
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD w/ Leather Package (Canadian Model) - Irridium Graphite

I just picked up my 2009 Rogue SL AWD on Feb 5, and I really like it.

I used this forum before purchasing to do research, so I figured I'd join since I ended up buying the thing.

ebosserm
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Hello. I am new to the forum, but I purchased my Rogue back in August 2008. I have a Blue SL AWD. It is a great vehicle so far. I can't wait for the weather to improve and start taking some road trips.

whopitty
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

Picked up my Rogue in January and love it. Lovin the bluetooth interface!

kccruz2009
Car: 2010 Nissan Murano SL FWD premium/Tech/Leather Package

Hello Everyone...

I am a new proud owner of a 2009 Nissan ROGUE SL AWD, bought in January 08, 2009 ............................Phantom White with Gray Leather >> Premium PackageKeyless Ignition/Entry, HID, BOSE sound system, XM sattelite, Bluetooth

Installed... Garmin NUVI 765T, rear bumper protector, rogue embossed OEM kick plates, black wrap of front grill chrome by sticker city.

I had a 2005 Honda CRV SE AWD and traded it in for this wonderful Nissan 2009 Rogue SL AWD. I believe I made the right choice to go for.

I bought this new car as a surprise for my wife and kids when they get here before my birthday in April 09

will post pics of my rogue very soon

slicdicinc
Car: Rogue

philipa_240sx wrote:Welcome new members and Rogue owners! Post an introduction here first.

If you have a specific question and cannot find an answer, please start a separate post.
Hey folks,My name is Rick. I live just outside of Halifax in Nova Scotia, Canada. Those of you unfamiliar with this spot, it's out on the east coast. We just leased a 08 Rogue a few months ago. We previously owned a 03 Pathfinder which we just sold privately. I am a big fan of Nissan. This is the first all-wheel drive I've ever owned and I have to say I'm very impressed. We commute about 35 minutes to work from the outskirts of the city and the Rogue has handled this winter beautifully. Of note, this has been a bad winter, weatherwise. I look forward to being kept up to date on all the info offered on this site.

philipa_240sx

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few of us Canucks here, myself included. Be sure to read the Official Rogue FAQ for answers to many of the commonly asked questions.

Return to “Rogue Forum”