Any suggestions????

Including ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IA, MO, and WI
StonedRhyder
Car: 91 240sx ka24de

Hey, going to get a new exhaust system (headers 2 muffler). Any suggestions? I was thinking about getting rid of the cat all together but I don't know if it will screw the O2 sensors. Also was thinking about going 3in straight all the way, but I've heard you lose power on the ka's with 3in. so I've also played around with the thought of going 2.5 from headers, no cat, and a high pro muffler. To many options to sort out. Just wondering if any of you guys have any of these rigs set up on your car. I don't really care what the heck it sounds like, just looking to get the most bang for my buck, with out losing power, mpg, hp etc....... Any input would be nice, and yes I know cheaper isn't always better. I've got some money to throw around, might as throw it in the baby.

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Just leave the cat in there. There is no benefit to be had by getting rid of it.

Buy a nice header, a high flow cat, and a BRM catback. It will be the best flowing/sounding/performing exhaust in your area.

StonedRhyder

FlatBlackIan wrote:Just leave the cat in there. There is no benefit to be had by getting rid of it.

Buy a nice header, a high flow cat, and a BRM catback. It will be the best flowing/sounding/performing exhaust in your area.
11 people looked at, only one has any suggestions?..... BRM cat? Is that a brand of cat or did you mean BRM muffler? Oh, thanks for given me a suggestion. Any idea if 3in is to big, to the point of losing hp? I've seen a couple around the area that have 3in. pipping, it sounds good. Dont know if having 3in pipping makes any diffrence. Was looking around and found a kick a** system for like $900. Thats redick, for a exhaust system!!!!!!

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

I ran 2 1/2 downpipe to 3 inch downpipe back on my ka-t. An na ka does not need 3 inch by any means.

On my daily driver i just bought a used header for 50 bucks and am getting the rest done by an exhaust shop for about 100 bucks or so including piping and i supply the muffler. Only reason i'm even bothering on the stock ka is because the exhaust is all rotted out and the header was cheap and the total doing it this route will still be cheaper than buying a new oem. I'm gonna do 2 1/2 off the header on my daily.

StonedRhyder

Well, I plan on putting a sr20 or a ls1 engine in it over time. This is my daily driver, so yeah. Think I might stick with the car, 2 1/2 from the headers to muffler. Just will have to change it after I find a decent engine, for a fair price (if they exist).

livinglegend2100
Car: 04' G35 coupe, 89' VG swapped Rx7, 03' Saturn Vue

BRM is an exhaust system made/rep'd by a member on here. theres a sticky on it somewhere. VERY quality product. if i didnt get my blitz bur spec for so damn cheap i would have gone BRM for sure.

BallzDeep1.9L
Car: '02 WRX Wagon: SOLD
'93 240SX Coupe: SOLD
'11 Ram: SOLD
'11 F-150: rotted into oblivion
'17 Frontier: Basic AF

just get the 3".. even if you arent going turbo.. several people have dyno runs on NA Ka's (mostly from freshalloy awhile back) comparing the 3" and 2.5".. the 3" is better.. you dont even lose any low end/midrange power over the 2.5" its about the same, and you get more in the top end. KA's are just wierd..

a lot of people like the BRM.. i have heard several cars with it and im not te biggest fan, half the time they sound good, and then half the time they dont. guess it depends on what resonator/muffler you go with, or if you are running a cat, i have the Greddy Ti-C 80MM with no cat and its a deep tone all the way through the powerband

some of them remind me of the my buddies 3.1L grand am in high school with the flowmaster on it.

i find this particular BRM clip to be quite horrifying,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GGPSN11ik

if you are gonna go turbo though it doesnt really matter.. they are all going to sound pretty comparable at that point
Modified by BallzDeep1.9L at 2:05 PM 3/23/2009

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

StonedRhyder wrote:
11 people looked at, only one has any suggestions?.....
You posted in a regional section. There is almost no traffic through here.

I can move it to a more trafficked area if you want.

StonedRhyder

FlatBlackIan wrote:
You posted in a regional section. There is almost no traffic through here.

I can move it to a more trafficked area if you want.
naw thats okay, i have a good idea what i want. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Midwest Region”