Any 2016 owners here?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

Did Nissan eliminate the Lane Departure Warning system feature from the 2016 Rogue SL? I have all the other options and the Premium Package but it does not appear in the dash menu. The 2015 came equipped with it. Strange that it is not there. I watched the You Tube video and I have the dash mounted button but the option does not appear in the Driving Aids menu.

Anyone know?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Frzninvt wrote:Did Nissan eliminate the Lane Departure Warning system feature from the 2016 Rogue SL? I have all the other options and the Premium Package but it does not appear in the dash menu. The 2015 came equipped with it. Strange that it is not there. I watched the You Tube video and I have the dash mounted button but the option does not appear in the Driving Aids menu.

Anyone know?
Had you done a SEARCH you would have found the subject was already discussed in this thread. The LDW system is no longer available.

colonelcasey
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

It is weird that they got rid of it because it actually works fairly reliably compared to the old blind-spot warning system.

SergioM

Picked up my new 2016 Rogue SV less than week ago. And decided to register on forum. This is our second Rogue in the family. So far I love my new toy.

mjs1444
Car: 2016 nissan Rogue sl

I just bought my 2016 Rogue SL AWD 3/5/2016. I have almost 1000 miles on it and so far I love it. Still getting used o the CVT. Midnight Jade and black leather interior. I added the rubber floor mats and the chrome rear bumper protector.
I pulled the halogen low beam bulbs and installed Sylvania Silver Star Ultra bulbs and also had to raise my fog light aim. They were set way too low.
I wish my Bose system had a equalizer. Not many potions and a glove box light would be nice.

outtolearn88
Car: Rogue SL AWD

Hello MJS1444, Can you explain how you rasied the fog lights ? What did you do ?

Thanks for the information.

RogueRVA
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

2016 SV White AWD owner here (Richmond, VA USA). Honestly, for $25K (OOTD price) this is the best medium sized SUV money can buy, trust me I did some extensive research. I wish Edmunds would give us a better rating than a "C" since it doesn't give this car justice. They concentrate on the "forgettable driving experience" like we are compared to a Porsche Cayenne. There is deff a few "setbacks" (1) tough blind spot, (2) no light in the trunk area, (3) below average stereo system on the SV model, (4) MPG are nowhere close at least for me (18-22), and a few missing controls that most competitors have standard (I miss the digital speedometer). Although the "sexy" looks, great space in both rows, solid AWD and so much car for the price is deff a winner for me.

We wanted to get the SL but it was around a $6K difference. We have decided that the extras we wanted (getting them done as aftermarket did not amount to that - plus much higher quality than the Nissan ones). Kenwood Nav (I think best on the market for the Rogue - DNN992), Sunroof, Fog lights, and heated seats (prox $3250). We are hoping to complete this project over the next month.

I do have a few questions for you guys:

- Sunroof recommendations, heard a lot of horror stories but the very respected place here warranties them for life (wife really wants it)
- Kenwood Nav - DNN992 (I think I found the best one the money can buy, not sure if anyone has had a aftermarket nav system put in)?
- The old media/stereo unit (once the navi is placed in) how much could I sell it for?
- heated seats on seats that are not leather, is it worth it?

Hope everyone loves their Rogueis and thanks for any input

Best,

RogueRVA

DLO310
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL
2010 Nissan Murano SL
2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S
2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD

2016 SL owner here.

Midnight Jade on anthracite wheels.

stormininco
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue in Gun Metal

hello. Just bought a 2016 SV with the premium package. My 2008 Rav4 was destroyed in a hail storm and this is my first Nissan, not counting a pair of 78 datsun trucks I once owned. So far we love it. Good mix of features for the price and with the cameras I park like boss every time. ;-)

drummerguy
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

Congratulations on the new 2016. I have had my 2015 for about a year now and have been very happy with it. Tell me what made you decide to buy a new Rogue instead of a new Rav4?

Von-T
Car: 2016 Rogue SL Premium

Bought the '14 SL back in Dec 2013 so that wife & I could tolerate Chicago winter roadtrips - loved it. Decided to upgrade back in May this year and looked at RAV4 and CX5 - was intrigued by the CX5 until wife test drove it and said "it's less comfortable and feels like a step down, and I'd miss having the front camera when parallel parking." So we upgraded to the '16 SL Premium just a few weeks before moving from Chicago to New Orleans. Still loving the car and continuously find the Blind Spot Warning feature very helpful (although I need to modify the ugly yellow indicator light) Not sure those heated seats will get much use down here. Only issue so far has been the development (at 3,500 miles on the odometer) of a subtle, slow clicking / ticking sound when I turn the steering wheel - sounds like plastic rubbing against plastic and there's no sign of leakage/grease near the CV boots. It's a subtle sound - having it checked out later today.

colonelcasey
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

I've noticed a similar clicking/ticking/clunking sound with the steering wheel as well on my 2015. I only really notice it when I'm playing with the steering wheel and not moving. Not sure what the cause is but I chose to ignore it since I don't notice it most of the time.

AmetSound
Car: 2016 Rogue SV AWD moonroof and tech package

Bought the 2016 SV in May. at 6000 km the upper strut bearings failed. Were replaced and 5 days later they failed. Dealership advised that there appears to be a part problem, on advice from Nissan they would not replace them till a resolution developed, mean time it is apparently safe to drive, but you will have to tolerate the loud clicking and clacking sound. I was advised it was a nation wide systemic problem, likely take a month to fix. IT has now been over 3 months, still no fix. In a recent letter from Nissan Customer service I was advised that the bearings are performing as designed, and SHOULD they develop a resolution I will be notified, and they state that they trust I understand their position. :mad: So there is my experience with a Rogue. From other reading I have done it appears that they have been aware of this problem since April, I wonder if they disclose this fault to prospective buyers ??--NFL. I do believe they had a similar problem in 2014/2015- has nothing been learned?

dhtownsend
Car: 2016 Rogue SL

thirdcup..at what distance does the audible alerts begin on your emergency braking system. My system only alerts at about 3 feet from vehicle in front as demonstrated by dealership rep. He indicated it was operating to spec.

quote="thirdcup"]I have a black 2016 SL with the Premium Package with 35% tint added to the front windows and the LED ground light accessory. I really like it so far. I love the sunroof and LED headlights!

I'll admit, there's a big difference in the camera based blind spot and the radar based. I actually owned a 2015 for a couple of weeks before I got a 2016 (long story). The radar is much more accurate. Driving the 2015 in a downpour made me want to just turn the system off. Also, the alert lights seem brighter in the 2016.

As for the foot activated liftgate, it's listed in the owner's manual with instructions and all. It simply doesn't work though. I like the forward collision emergency braking safety feature but hope I never need to use it.

The other thing I've noticed is that the 35% ceramic tint (Xsun brand) that I had installed has a blue hue compared to the factory tint on the back windows. I'm guessing there's a slight green or blue color on the original intended windows that causes this.

Anyway, I think I'm going to add the illuminated kickplates and call it quits on the mods. I've averaged 27.5 mpg combined which is much better than the 15 mpg that I got in the Armada that I had prior to this.[/quote]

2step
Car: 2016 Rogue

We got a 2016 for my wife a few months ago. I drive a 400hp 2006 GTO and have a 1952 Chevy panel/sedan delivery for my weekend toy so the Rouge is more like an appliance than what I personally like to motor around in. But my wife likes it and I think it meets her (our) needs and does a fine job at it. I have a hard time not messing with our cars so I've been slapping on a few upgrades and aftermarket items to feed my addiction.

dlara805
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue S, Brilliant Silver, base model.

Newbie here. :wavey: The Wife and I recently purchased a 2016 Rogue S in the Silver color. We traded in the wife's 09 Beetle due to space and having a 5 year old. So far we have no complaints and it drives well. We get roughly 27-28 mpg. Not a bad vehicle to have. It is a big difference riding higher in the Rogue. We do have a second vehicle, 2005 Pontiac Grand Am, that is paid off. We got a deal through Capital One and a dealership 40 miles away. We got a good deal at 26K OTD. First thing we need to do is Tint the windows and install OEM Fog lights. We are very happy with our purchase. :banana: :banana:

Gradofan
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

As I posted in another thread here re: FEB. - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY - FEB DOESN'T WORK AS ADVERTISED BY NISSAN!

We have the 2017.5 SL (3 weeks old) with all the upgrades (Premium / Platinum) and you are correct - THE FEB SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED, OR PRESENTED IN THE MANUALS - which clearly show the vehicle warning you about 4 car lengths ahead of impact, gentle braking 3 car lengths ahead of impact and stopping you about 1/2 car length ahead of impact with the object in front of you.

There is no misunderstanding - it simply doesn't work as advertised and represented by Nissan.

This one is going to lead to some large class action suits!

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I didn't know this thread existed when I signed up, but I got mine brand new on Christmas eve 2015. And in a few months I will be heading off to college, this car has been very useful for me.

Return to “Rogue Forum”