CHATROOM: All Season Replacement Tires

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
stack316
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue S
360 Package
Alum Kick Plates

After 4.5 years and 48K miles, I was told by my mechanic all four tires had Dry Rot in the seams. I found the OEM Continentals to drive fine in the dry and Massachusetts snow, which this year was a record of over 100 inches. I went with the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max. If I were to chose again, and found a local shop with the following tire in stock I would have went with the CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus. Based on my research the LX20 rated better. Fuel Max tires were fine in the 5 mile drive home in the wet rain/snow, quiet, but think I felt the bumps more. to early for any recommendations

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... e+Fuel+Max

eaglecat769
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I recommend the Pirelli Cinturato P7's HIGHLY. I live in Bellingham WA and commute south towards Burlington regularly. Interstate 5 is rather rough. I purchased a basic decibel meter for $20 from a "prime" retailer before the tire swap. I had a repeatable (day-2-day matching location and speed) reading around 86 dB with the OEM Conti's at around 55,000 on the odometer. The value dropped to about 82 dB with the P-C-P-7's.

82 dB is still freaking loud, so I have begun a sound reduction project. (Look for a post from me in coming months somewhere once I accomplish my goal.) Anyhow... If I drive to the far outside of my lane to avoid worn-down road (say driving in the left lane, my left tire nearly riding left paint in a spot without the reflective markers), the sound level drops to around 73 dB. In other words: problem is ALL the roads. (Previously I lived in Illinois where studded tires are banned. There I never thought the Rogue to be a loud car. Relative silence briefly interrupted by semi-regular rhythm of expansion joints.)

So yes, tires do help, but only so much. If road noise is not the primary contributor for you, and/or you are starting with a much lower beginning dB with the OEM Conti's, your reduction will not be as large.

P.S. The first hundred miles or so they felt a bit "wobbly" to me. I am not sure if that is normal for all new tires or not. But don't let it scare you. They break in just fine. They are much nicer overall, though not quite as sporty imho. But I like it that way.

CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

I agree that the Continental eco tires are great. I put them on my wife's 2011 Sorrento and ride was fantastic! Immediate improvement. And low rolling resistance, higher gas mileage.

I have 60,000 on my 2014 Rogue and will be buying Continental's at 70k.

rabidus
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue
2012 Nissan Quest

I have Fuzion SUV tires in stock size, 460 treadware, 215/70/16. They were on the car when I bought it used. The Rogue is neutral on twistie roads(TCS off). I will buy another set.

rabidus
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue
2012 Nissan Quest

I have Fuzion SUV tires in stock size, 460 treadware, 215/70/16. They were on the car when I bought it used. The Rogue is neutral on twistie roads(TCS off). I will buy another set.

speedypete
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL
Pearl White/Gray Int; tow pkg

Has any one used 235/55/17 or 235/50/17 on your Rogue SL , thanks in advance , looking for tires for my wife. 225/60/17 are on now the other may perform better?

Return to “Rogue Forum”