2014 Rogue - UPDATED with pics

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

I'm starting to like it lol

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

If they do go with a more unified body style, what about the engine? A Nissan UK press release from earlier this year talks about a frozen food company selecting the Nissan Qashqai 1.6-litre diesels for its nationwide sales team.
The company ran a vehicle trial selection involving the VW Passat, Toyota Prius, Skoda Superb and Qashqai, with the Nissan winning thanks to its strong residual values, its suitability as a company vehicle and an impressive 62.8mpg.
OMG! 62.8mpg I bet they could easily double their US sales, and smoke the competition.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

ROGUEPLANET wrote:Finally get stock projectors.

Here's a close up of the one's found on the QASHQAI

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Renault-Nissan announce CMF modular architecture

CMF Renault-Nissan architecture will underpin 14 new cars by 2020

The Renault-Nissan alliance has announced the Common Module Family (CMF) that will underpin 14 new cars – 11 Renaults and three Nissans – by 2020.

The CMF isn’t a common platform, like Volkswagen's MQB. Instead it’s a set of common, compatible modules - engine bays, cockpits, front underbodies, rear underbodies and electrical architectures – that can be shared not just between cars of the same size, but across different market sectors, too.

For that reason, the first Nissans to use the CMF system will be the replacements for the Qashqai and X-Trail (and US-market Rogue) due later this year, while the first Renaults will be replacements for the Espace, Scenic and Laguna, all due in late 2014.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

ROGUEPLANET
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue se

more junk before the big unveiling.

http://youtu.be/9w6pMxuyTUE

Black B15

Rogue One wrote:OMG! 62.8mpg I bet they could easily double their US sales, and smoke the competition.
Agreed. That is a ridiculous MPG. I mean I know diesel is supposed to be better mileage but almost DOUBLE? Wow.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

2015 Nissan Titan Getting Cummins Turbodiesel V8 Engine
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/In-Ge ... sel-option

And we can only wish for turbo diesel for the Rogue.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

NIce. At least Nissan is giving the truck guys what they want, provided they can price it reasonably. As for the Rogue fans, I doubt we'll get what we want, which is a small diesel option.

Actually, I take that back, it doesn't have to be priced reasonably, people will buy trucks with the big diesel no matter what. Where I live in Alberta, the big three, Ford in particular offer $10,000 off each summer on the half ton trucks, so everybody buys one whether they need it or not. With those savings I guess I can't blame them. Then there's the guys who buy the biggest damn trailer they can, and then realize they need a one ton diesel to pull it. The big diesels run up around $60+ thousand dollars and I see them everywhere, the simple reason being that people feel the need to buy massive trailers so of course they need the $60k truck to pull it, and hey credit is easily accessible so why not? Who cares if you're still trying to pay the crap off when you're in the retirement home!!

Point being, there are many many truck buyers who will jump all over this diesel if the numbers are competitive or better than the big three. There are so many F150's around my area people must be getting tired of the cookie cutter units, so I think the time is perfect for Nissan to jump back in the game and offer the same capability, possibly even better, in a more unique package. This will sell very well and may be a big money maker for Nissan.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

rdub2k4

ImStricken wrote:Image
dammit i was posting this too. lol

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

i fixed your prior post LOLOL

rdub2k4

by 1 minute! bah... lol

ROGUEPLANET

Details

Im digging the design teases so far.

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

The new Rogue will be revealed on my birthday :shifter:

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

JMed wrote:Image

The new Rogue will be revealed on my birthday :shifter:
Not sure if that's a good or bad omen...

ROGUEPLANET

Sept 10 = New Rogue and New gold Iphone. Hmmmmm :eek:

DTASFAB

Looks like a cross between a CX-5 and a Murano. The best looking little trucks I think are the current Rogue and the CX-9. I like the look of the tail lights on both, but it seems all manufacturers are moving away from that type of look.

It will be interesting to see the viscosity of the oil of the new Rogue. 0W-20 tends to evaporate and get consumed quicker than thicker oils, one of the reasons I bought a 2013 Rogue over a 2014 CX-5. I'll sacrifice some fuel efficiency for better reliability and longevity from the engine.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

NISSAN Facebook page:
DO NOT read the next sentence.

You're just the kind of rule breaker we want behind the wheel of our latest rebel. Sign up today to be one of the first to see what's coming next from Nissan!

https://offer.moontoast.com/906eeb98-0b ... 000aa81abc

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Cobbled this together from several posts...

A statement coming from Nissan USA out of Irvine, California today reads "The all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue will push the envelope of CUV design starting on September 10." We haven't been able to find any additional information, but we don't really have to, since we can put this picture together without their help.

We just had a quick chat with Nissan USA's management and found out the all-new Rogue will be shown in the US on September 10th. In our previous report, we speculated that the car would actually make its debut in Frankfurt, since the 10th is the day when the IAA kicks off.
The car is believed to still be called the X-Trail in Europe, but will be virtually the same the world over from a cosmetic point of view.

Speaking of cosmetics, the headlight that's been shown is remarkably similar to that of the concepts they've been showing us the past year. Instead of the brick-like design of the X-Trail, it's sporty and modern.

For the US market, the Rogue will continue to use a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine, but it will offer 182 hp, up from the current 170, as seen on the Altima sedan. It will continue to be made at the Smyrna, Tennessee, factory. We believe it will be bigger and lighter than the current car, thanks to a move to unibody design, as seen on the Pathfinder.

Both front and all-wheel drive models will still be available, powered by a new version of the QR25DE 2.5-liter engine, mated to a CVT transmission. It's believed to offer both 5- and 7-seater configurations in two trim levels.

The Rogue will be built using Renault-Nissan's new CMF, not a platform per say, but a parts sharing philosophy, which will influence 1.6 million vehicles per year and 14 models, 11 from Renault and 3 from Nissan (Rogue, Qushqai and X-Trail).

Spyshots: 2014 Nissan Qashqai Interior Partially Shown
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/spysh ... 62422.html

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

What are they smoking? The Rogues never been anything but unibody

ROGUEPLANET

followingnfront wrote:What are they smoking? The Rogues never been anything but unibody
It may have something to do with bringing 3 different versions of the same vehicle into all the same market.

You have X-trail a completely different vehicle, which im not sure if it was unibody or not. Dualis, Qashqai, and Rogue.

We will all get the same vehicle but the euro version will now be called the X-trail. From what i read.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

2014 Nissan Rogue / X-Trail Rendering
Rendering done for BBC TopGear Magazine India of the upcoming Nissan X-trail.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

New Nissan X-Trail – latest pictures
Next generation X-Trail will target the Ford Mondeo and other big saloons; new Nissan SUV will be a road-biased seven seater.
This test mule was spotted in the US.
The X-Trail SUV is entering the final stages of development ahead of a launch at next month’s Frankfurt motor show, with UK sales tipped to get under way later this year.

The new car is set to be given much clearer positioning within the Nissan line-up. When the next-generation Qashqai arrives early next year, there will be no seven-seat version, so the X-Trail will be Nissan’s sole offering in the seven-seat SUV segment.

The firm closely previewed the new X-Trail with its stylish Hi-Cross concept at the 2012 Geneva motor show. The new X-Trail promises more road-biased ride and handling than the outgoing car.

But the added style and dynamic improvements will not come at the expense of off-road ability, claim insiders. They say the new X-Trail will be just as capable as the current car off road when equipped with the expected optional all-wheel drive system.

Front-wheel drive is tipped to be offered as standard to help make the economy better than the current car’s. The core engine will be a significantly updated version of the current X-Trail’s 2.0-litre diesel engine.

The interior, also previewed by the Hi-Cross concept, is set to be significantly improved both in terms of design and quality over the current X-Trail’s. Standard equipment levels will also increase.

The aim with the new X-Trail is to score a sales success against conventional saloons like the Ford Mondeo and Vauxhall Insignia. “Building on the popularity of the Qashqai in its segment, the idea is to repeat its success in the D-segment,” a source revealed to Autocar at the Hi-Cross’s launch. The new Ford S-Max, also set for a Frankfurt reveal, is another target for the X-Trail.

Photo gallery here: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/frank ... t-pictures

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

ROGUEPLANET wrote:
followingnfront wrote:What are they smoking? The Rogues never been anything but unibody
It may have something to do with bringing 3 different versions of the same vehicle into all the same market.

You have X-trail a completely different vehicle, which im not sure if it was unibody or not. Dualis, Qashqai, and Rogue.

We will all get the same vehicle but the euro version will now be called the X-trail. From what i read.
The term "unibody" was a misstatement. I believe what they meant was Nissan will be using a new modular construction method.
Nissan and Renault have revealed details of a new modular construction method that will underpin the majority of its future passenger cars – including the third-gen X-Trail SUV.

The low-cost method promises to slash production costs on some models by as much as 40 per cent. However, neither the Japanese nor French car maker – which formed an alliance in 1999 – have yet to promise they will pass on the full cost savings to customers with cheaper showroom prices.

The Common Module Family (CMF) will form the backbone for more than 1.6 million vehicles per year covering 14 models (11 from Renault and 3 from Nissan) built in 10 different countries.

Both companies claim the process extends beyond a modular platform construction method, like that used by other car makers, and will allow it to build a variety of vehicles in different categories using the same components – an “Alliance parts bank” - thereby saving massive costs in development and purchasing.
Advertisement

“With CMF, the investments in vehicle architecture and non-visible parts are mutualized, resulting in significant cost reductions that allow us to roll out our innovation policy in terms of environment, safety and new technologies for all our customers,” said Renault’s Engineering, Quality and IT Director, Jean-Michel Billig.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Rogue One wrote:NISSAN Facebook page:
DO NOT read the next sentence.

You're just the kind of rule breaker we want behind the wheel of our latest rebel. Sign up today to be one of the first to see what's coming next from Nissan!

https://offer.moontoast.com/906eeb98-0b ... 000aa81abc
Your VIP invitation for September 10
Thanks for joining the list. We can hardly wait for you to see the all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue. Watch your email on September 10 for your exclusive VIP sneak peek.

Burlapp

This is the Euro version. Let's hope they keep the panoramic roof option for the US...

Burlapp

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

this 7 seater cant be the rogue.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

ImStricken wrote:this 7 seater cant be the rogue.
Um, dude... Have you not been following any of my posts? The Qashqai +2 is a seven seater (that's what the +2 signifies). Nissan has allegedly decided to keep the body style the same on all versions.

Return to “Rogue Forum”