Aftermarket Stereo and Around View Monitor System

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ogreen
Car: 2016 Nissan Rouge

I have read everything I can find regarding the ability to retain the around view cameras when using an aftermarket stereo head unit. I can get the image displayed but it goes out after about 30 seconds from when the vehicle is started and it will not come back until the vehicle is restarted. After the camera image goes out there is still a video signal but it is just black (was able to confirm by connecting the signal to old TV). Any idea if there is some signal required from the CAN bus or elsewhere to keep the camera image "alive"? I hooked the factory HU back up and things work as expected.

2016 Rogue SL w/ Nav w/ Bose
20 pin and 24 pin connectors
Using pins (25) Reverse, (41) Camera+, (42) Camera- on the 24 pin connector

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Did you read all the threads in this forum, including this one...

2019 Rogue Navigation retrofit help
VStar650CL wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:22 pm
Is this your '14 or '17 Sentra you're hybridizing? The '14 WD's will be here in Nico, the '17's won't. I can see about getting you connector pinouts but you'll likely also need to swap AVM Units in addition to the Navi. The birdseye pics come from there, the Navi just displays them. It's also possible your Navi is mis-configured, not all Navi's have AVM.

ogreen

I have read that article but not sure how it helps with my issue...sure that I am missing something!!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The AVM Controller does need CANbus signals from the AV master in order to work. The AVM has no independent signal wires for reverse or camera commands, that information must come from the AV on CAN. If there's no CAN interface then the AVM will time out after bootup and the result will be what you're seeing.

ogreen

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:33 pm
The AVM Controller does need CANbus signals from the AV master in order to work. The AVM has no independent signal wires for reverse or camera commands, that information must come from the AV on CAN. If there's no CAN interface then the AVM will time out after bootup and the result will be what you're seeing.
That is what I was afraid of. Any idea if someone has figured out a solution? If we knew what commands were required, could probably generate them using a Raspi or something similar.

Return to “Rogue Forum”