2019 Rogue Navigation retrofit help

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Renepena
Car: 2014 Nissan Sentra
2017 Nissan Sentra NISMO

ImageHello everyone how's it going, im currently trying to solve my issue here, would anyone be able to figure out how to make the lights of the new Headunit to turn on? Everything works except for that only thing,

I don't own a rogue, but a sentra, so it's basically starting from 0, or at least somewhat.
this radio is going to my Sentra for 2 reasons, 1) because i retrofitted the Factory Around view (360 cameras) and with the radio 2591A5UD0A the module turns off after 20 secs, with this radio it doesn't, and 2) because this radio has built-in Maps as well as carplay android auto.

With the sentra radio, 2591A5UD0A, you're able to make the lights turn on with ground on pin 9 (20 pin) and positive on pin 58 (40 Pin), however it doesn't seem to do anything with the rogue radios. In the rogue radio i can only see pin 58 as being positive for the lights but doesn't do anything, any help will be appreciated.

Renepena
2017 Nissan Sentra NISMO

Pics are for reference, that's how the around view looks on the original camera, and how it looks on the rogue radio, there's a small bug and display both reverse lines and the module turns off, while with the rogue, all that is fixed exept for the lights.
Attachments
20220414_190910.jpg
20220511_173136.jpg
20220511_173150.jpg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Is this your '14 or '17 Sentra you're hybridizing? The '14 WD's will be here in Nico, the '17's won't. I can see about getting you connector pinouts but you'll likely also need to swap AVM Units in addition to the Navi. The birdseye pics come from there, the Navi just displays them. It's also possible your Navi is mis-configured, not all Navi's have AVM.

Renepena
2017 Nissan Sentra NISMO

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:22 pm
Is this your '14 or '17 Sentra you're hybridizing? The '14 WD's will be here in Nico, the '17's won't. I can see about getting you connector pinouts but you'll likely also need to swap AVM Units in addition to the Navi. The birdseye pics come from there, the Navi just displays them. It's also possible your Navi is mis-configured, not all Navi's have AVM.
Hey, its a 2017 sentra nismo that i successfully upgraded the radio to the factory carplay, now im looking to upgrade the factory carplay radio for the rogue factory carplay with built-in maps.

The Around view module, turns off after about 20 seconds with the original sentra radio & when you put reverse, the radio has a bug where it shows the original backup lines (single camera) as well the birdseye.

However, the rogue radio fixed those 2 issues and the around view monitor doesn't turn off anymore. Its only the issue i have with the Lights not turning on of the rogue radio, even when the pinouts match everything, i can even see the navigation data on the instrument cluster.

If there's a way to add avm to the factory sentra radio, it would be amazing, i tried the dealer but as you know, they weren't helpful at all, so that's why i decided to go with the rogue radio route

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I have a complete '19 Rogue WD/Harness/Connector PDF for you but I'll need an email addy (21MB file). Can't do the same for the Sentra, there are only PDF's for '19-up.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I just did a side-by-side of the '16 and '17 Sentra Navi systems in Identifix, and the only difference seems to be some wire colors on the USB connections. The pinouts and routing are all identical, so you should be able to reference the '16 FSM here for wiring and signals.

Renepena
2017 Nissan Sentra NISMO

VStar650CL wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:30 am
I just did a side-by-side of the '16 and '17 Sentra Navi systems in Identifix, and the only difference seems to be some wire colors on the USB connections. The pinouts and routing are all identical, so you should be able to reference the '16 FSM here for wiring and signals.
Here's my email [email protected] thanks for the help

I'm trying to see how to fix it, i have two rogue radios, one only with carplay and other with the built-in maps and carplay, I'm using the first rogue radio because I'm trying to figure out how to make it work and i don't want to fry the board of the new radio in case i connect something wrong.

I have another radio for a kicks with a smashed display, and all 3 the same issue, no lights when you apply the voltage, so something tells me it's not the radios but more of an error in the wiring.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Just sent it. The difference appears to be that the Rogue AV is backlit at all times, it has its own fuse supplying pin 58 and it grounds through the main ground on pin 20. On the Sentra the AV is supplied on pin 9 through the taillight relay but grounds through the dimmer on pin 44. There's no way to reconcile the dimming, but if you jump the Violet wire on pin 9 in the car's main AV connector (M100) to pin 58 on the Rogue's M124 you should get lights. Pin 20 is ground in both implementations.

Renepena
2017 Nissan Sentra NISMO

VStar650CL wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:23 am
Just sent it. The difference appears to be that the Rogue AV is backlit at all times, it has its own fuse supplying pin 58 and it grounds through the main ground on pin 20. On the Sentra the AV is supplied on pin 9 through the taillight relay but grounds through the dimmer on pin 44. There's no way to reconcile the dimming, but if you jump the Violet wire on pin 9 in the car's main AV connector (M100) to pin 58 on the Rogue's M124 you should get lights. Pin 20 is ground in both implementations.
Hey, i tried that, and unfortunately still the same, no lights, also it has a message "Radio is in factory mode. Switch to market mode".

Do you know if there's a way or know how to program the radios to lets say, tell them that you have avm, bose, etc? So i can use the factory sentra radio, because, i wanted to install this, but having no lights, its a shame to be honest
Attachments
20220511_171607.jpg

Renepena
2017 Nissan Sentra NISMO

Also the radio Sees when i turn on the lights, however, in the radio service mode, the illumination control remains at 0%, do you think the radio is waiting CAN signals from the instrument cluster? Or is there something I'm missing?
No idea what mr out means.

Also with the message saying that the radio is in factory mode, it doesn't seem that it affects its functions at all, just no lights, but like i said before i have 2 rogue radios, and both do the same, no lights :/
Attachments
20220512_213010.jpg
20220512_212501.jpg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Aargh. That "service mode" message means it's a new unit which has never been configured, or an old unit whose EEPROM config memory is corrupt. You need a Consult3+ to configure it, I don't think there's any other scanner which will do it..

Renepena
2017 Nissan Sentra NISMO

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:05 pm
Aargh. That "service mode" message means it's a new unit which has never been configured, or an old unit whose EEPROM config memory is corrupt. You need a Consult3+ to configure it, I don't think there's any other scanner which will do it..
Thank you for the help, so far i found out that the radio i first got was no good, so i return it, and i found the same radio at my local junkyard and that one didn't had the factory mode, and in the radio service mode, i only see a fault message regarding CAN communication. But I'll have a friend check it out and do his magic.

Still haven't figured out the lights :/, do you know where can i find repair bulletins like pdfs for the radio of the 19 rogue? I have the Audio, visual & nav system pdf of the sentra that goes in full detail and troubleshooting.
And i would like to know where can i find one for the rogue so i can see how's the light being controlled in the rogue.

Thank you for your help so far :mike

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There are no PDF's for the '19, everything past '16 is HTML and there's no way to port it out.

Return to “Rogue Forum”