a few questions

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rockhoundrob
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

2009 Rogue.
Back again and wanting some more info... before taking a leap off the deep end ( many part changes).

1) I plan to replace the belt tensioner and idler pulley. When I checked the space, it looks like it may be not enough room to remove the bolt from the idler pulley.
Has anyone removed the bolt from the idler pulley without having to shift the engine to make room? Or is there a trick?

2) The Chilton manual says to change the oil every 3,000 miles. Is this true? I have 4 other cars and they are changed every 4,000-7,000 miles.
4,000 if it is city driving or 7,000 if it 50% or more highway driving.

3) The rear door button is gummy. Whenever I put my hand under the button to open the door, my fingers stick to the rubber.
I tried using Windex to clean it off and it didn't work. I am thinking about ammonia, but not sure if it will hurt the rubber.
I checked and a new one is about $130 - not worth it. Does anyone have any idea what I can clean it with?
I doubt is it something someone else put on it, I think it just just gummy from age.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

PRO TIP: Use The Correct Title. That means, make sure your title has the topic at hand. Don't title something: "I have a question" or "Small concern" or "Rogue issues". Instead title it: "Tire tpms question" or "Rear bumper paint issue". This will insure the most knowledgeable people will see it and offer assistance. Also, it's a good idea to separate unrelated issues into their own threads.

We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum.

That being said.

1). I think someone has, but I don't recall the details.

2).The topic of oil changes has been covered extensively. Follow the owner's manual.
CHATROOM: Engine Oil & Filter (schedule, type, etc)
That's found under this heading...
08-13 ROGUE DIY REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE, FAQ & INFO, TIPS, etc

3). Goo Gone. Sold in plastic bottles. Very inexpensive and is sold everywhere. Do NOT confuse it with Goof-Off which is sold in a metal can. That stuff will eat the rubber and damage your car's finish.
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: EDITED

Rockhoundrob

I apologize... still learning here. Next time I will keep topics separate.

Answers to #2 and #3 sound good. thanks for the info!

Guess I will need to just give it a try and see how it goes on #1.

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

Rockhoundrob wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:01 am
2009 Rogue.
Back again and wanting some more info... before taking a leap off the deep end ( many part changes).

1) I plan to replace the belt tensioner and idler pulley. When I checked the space, it looks like it may be not enough room to remove the bolt from the idler pulley.
Has anyone removed the bolt from the idler pulley without having to shift the engine to make room? Or is there a trick?
You'll need to remove the inner fender cover. It's held on by a bunch of locking plastic plastic push-pins. I suggest you you get a bag of these, then you won't have to worry about breaking any. Look here:
https://smile.amazon.com/100pcs-Nissan- ... ive&sr=1-5

After the cover is removed (or folded back to gain access) you'll have plenty of room - with the tire off, of course.

Rockhoundrob

Thanks phmichel, I'll give that a try. Will be a few weeks before I get to it.
I have about 12 things to order (RockAuto), then start tackling them one at a time.

Return to “Rogue Forum”