95 D21 4cyl, bad trannie/brakes, unknown mileage, poor paint....should I scrap or bother trying to part-out anything?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
Heart.My.95.Hardbody
Car: 1995 D21 Hardbody 4 cylinder automatic

I know this isn't a typical post - although I am happily offering a D21 Hardbody for-sale here&now so can't see how it'd be in-violation :werd: - but am in a spot where I don't know if the truck has parts I should be salvaging for ebay/craigslist/etc or if I should simply be calling 1800-SCRAPPERS and taking whatever few-hundred-$ quote the guy offers me for the title (truck is actively on-road right now, though I wouldn't let others drive it there's too many "you gotta do it just-right' things that I don't expect a car-thief would get far if they got behind my wheel :P Have another car and will miss my hardbody, will be getting another although a v6/4WD version hopefully w/o a backseat if that's a config., but yeah since it's registered/I can drive it I could even possibly list it for-sale as a "d21 parts-vehicle" that can be delivered as I imagine $300+ delivery fees make part-D21's impractically-priced all too often!)

Almost every body panel is in good shape although the paint job is horrid but no rust issues and no dent/bang issues, only one lamp (front turning-lamp/corner-lamp, should be cheapest lamp on vehicle) is cracked, truck bed's liner in good shape.......would love to know how I should proceed I feel like it's gotta be worth *something* more than 250 or 400 (that's the range I'm guessing they'll offer me, I'm in Tampa-area FL for what it's worth and so far as for-sale here I would deliver within 2hrs of my location which is Pinellas county literally beside tampa, no need to tow as plate/registration/insurance all still on my d21 will remove once/when I sell it)

Feel crazy thinking it but feel I should be able to scrap-together at least a couple-hundred $$$ of parts from it *then* scrap it for same quote they'd have offered off the bat anyways (IE there's gotta be a few most-sought-after parts that I can strip before calling a scrapper, if calling the scrapper&taking their low-ball is in fact my best bet here!) I do have *some* time to part-out but not more than maybe 3 or 6 items and don't wanna hold the truck longer than this coming weekend, w/ new car my driveway is feeling very tight(and need $$ for new car stuff....hopefully in a couple years I can get another d21, this guy was 1-of-2 that I even saw listed in about 1 month of truck-searching (I didn't know the 1st thing about the truck at that point, when I met to buy it I find the kid owned 3 of them lol :P )

Heart.My.95.Hardbody

Made an album just to give an idea of its quality :)

https://imgur.com/a/qmu83kl

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I'd list it on CL, with a reasonable low price, price is FIRM, be thorough with the description, and let someone else refurb it or use for parts.

Heart.My.95.Hardbody

AZhitman wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:42 pm
I'd list it on CL, with a reasonable low price, price is FIRM, be thorough with the description, and let someone else refurb it or use for parts.
Thanks a lot man!! Is it accurate for me to be thinking "This should be getting more than a comparable scrap T100"? I guess I'm "on the fence" still because part of me is thinking "it's a D21 and it still technically drives so could deliver it w/o paying a tow-truck, *has* to be worth more to a D21 enthusiast than to a metal-scrapper", but the guy on my other shoulder is saying "finding that person who'd want it for $500 or 600 is needle-in-haystack stuff, the realistic way to handle this is to call the closest scrapper and take what they offer you", I put up a lil album in post directly above yours (didn't check time-stamps unsure if you caught it :P ) do you think my realistic/practical/pragmatic approach here is to just scrap or to find a fellow hardbody-enthusiast? Just keep feeling like if I get 300-500 from a scrapper, within months I'll have found someone saying "I wish I'd known I would've given you 600" yknow?

Heart.My.95.Hardbody

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Hey, I've moved this topic the Nissan Truck forum and added a link to your FS post. This should give you a bit more exposure.

**FORUM RULES FOR POSTING TO CLASSIFIEDS**

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Any truck that runs and drives is worth $1000. period.

AZ and FL can't be that different - TONS of laborers, and that truck represents mobility and a ride to a job every day.

Post it on Craigslist, without the wall of text. Just the facts; it'll be gone in a day or two.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”