650+ KADET's

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

my buddy in his Hyundai Accent (I know I know..this is just to give a point) runs a methanol injection set-up on his car when he boosts up to 28 psi. It's a three stage method that was designed by the guys who made the kit for his car. But he has no other fuel mods other than a Tiburon ECU. Stock fuel pump, regulator, and regulator. Just the methanol. For what it does it is a very cost effective way to upgrade the fuel it seems. I think under full boost he will squirt something like 16 ounces of methanol in a 1/4 mile run...I think....that's just what he told me. The only draw back is that he has to keep a special fuel cell to hold the methanol, and he has to make sure it is full at all times because I think we all know what will happen if he ran out of methanol at 28 psi.

Oh well, I'm rambling. later guys

LarryStooge

Turbo_Nismo_EC wrote:my buddy in his Hyundai Accent

eewwwww, your buddy has a hyundai? Friends don't let friends drive Hyundais (or KIAs).

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

As far as turbo goes, I'm going to have a custom setup. I'll be supplying all the essential info to a not yet determined source, and rely on there equations for the best trim selections.

WD

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

WD, niiiiiice! cant wait till u build this thing.

-Dan

WDRacing

A little off topic, but does anyone know who has the fastest KADET in the states. If Duy's is the fastest, then I'll use his car as the competition. I think it would be nice to say i have the fastest ka powered 240 in the states. Street legal with a functional interior by the way.

WD

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

Yeah, Id say that WAS the fastest KA powered 240 in the US. And probably in the world, since other countries get the goods like sr and ca's and rb's. Last I heard, Duy sold his car on Ebay to some guy in Florida, who blew it to high heaven. This was accord to Chris May last time I talked to him.

Rick

P.S. Anyone got a stock KA FLywheel they wanna sell me?

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

I might have one shortly (stock flywheel)....depends on how much you're willing to pay. I just need one little reason and a little money to put toward it to order the JUN chromoly one. Make an offer....it was VERY recently refinished....like 20 miles ago.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

WDRacing wrote:A little off topic, but does anyone know who has the fastest KADET in the states. If Duy's is the fastest, then I'll use his car as the competition. I think it would be nice to say i have the fastest ka powered 240 in the states. Street legal with a functional interior by the way.

WD

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that the fastest (currently running) KA powered 240SX may be Jay's. If his isn't the fastest, it's definatly up there. I believe his best 1/4 was 12.5@118 on street tires, full interior. Car is also a street driven sleeper.

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

Yeah, EXTREME sleeper, all the way down to the stock nissan mudflaps, but that big ole intercooler in the front gives it away.

cnichols: email me at [email protected] or AIM me at RickMer2

Rick

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Well, atleast the bumper isn't cut. The only way it could get more sleeper is if he coated the intercooler black and had "fluidyne" painted lightly (like it's badly faded) on there (which btw, is *my* idea so nobody steal it).

WDRacing

Consider it STOLEN....

PS, for you moderators out there. How do I get PM capable? Is that a paying member only benefit?

kansaidrift

The guys on FA should know who has the fastest. I would guess it is still Duy's old car. From what I know it was purchased by a gentleman down in Tampa off of ebay. In fact, i'm pretty sure he's a member on FA. However, i did see a video of a red s13 keeping door to door with him up to 150. Not sure if he was spraying on that run.

240man
Car: Aerospace

Well, Duys car hit the 10's... then it also hit the machine shop :o

His pistons suffered severely.. now the top runners on ka's are:

Jay in orlando (his car is for sale now and still running strong)12.574@ 118.1

Chris in Atlanta (very stong and never timed)

Don't bottle feed anything but a baby... b/c with everything I've seen, it will take after a baby, and p!$$ and $h!t everywhere within time :)

- Shawn

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

WDRacing wrote:Consider it STOLEN....

PS, for you moderators out there. How do I get PM capable? Is that a paying member only benefit?

PM's are disabled on this board. If you would like us to enable them, post a poll in the "general" section on the main page (main nico page, not 240sx page). Anytime anybody wants something changed, we will heavily consider it if a poll shows interest.

WDRacing

It doesn't really bother me, I thought it was just my PM's that were turned off. Now I feel dumb for asking that question...Oh well I'm over it.

Thx EZ

WDRacing

What are the specs on the stock pistons?? What is the largest anyone has overbored the block?? What were the #'s after the block and over sized pistons?? I'm thinking more cubes, but I don't have any data on how far a block can go.

If this car becomes race only I'll have the block filled for additional strength. But I prefer to keep the water jackets open.

WD

TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

I cannot remember stock specs on pistons, but I do know you cannot really overbore it, If you take one apart you will see why :) You can maybe get a .5 but even that could be overboard(HAhaH, I kill myself, jkin)

http://www.sdsefi.com/features/240sx.htm If you scroll down you can see why the block really can not be bored, very thin walls between each cylinder.

I am Technoman
Car: ???

KA pistons are 89 mill wide....

WDRacing

TrueSlide wrote:I cannot remember stock specs on pistons, but I do know you cannot really overbore it, If you take one apart you will see why :) You can maybe get a .5 but even that could be overboard(HAhaH, I kill myself, jkin)

http://www.sdsefi.com/features/240sx.htm If you scroll down you can see why the block really can not be bored, very thin walls between each cylinder.

Is that the KA24E? I notice the different intake as well as the valve cover. But I see what you mean about there not being much room. Oh well, atleast the blocks are cheap.

WD

TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

Yes, the picture is of the KA24E, Iam quite sure the bottom end of the KA24DE is exactly the same design and probley can not take much like the KA24E, I think the only difference in block design is location of jets and headbolt placement.

Top Speed Coupe
Car: Cars

I think the block is Cast Iron and I heard that they shouldn't be Bored Over.

WD have you done any research on eliminating the headgasket and going O Ring? I seen chevys do it. I'd like to learn more about it.

WDRacing

Depends on the cylinder wall thickness...

PSI240SX
Car: Smoking V8's

You cannot reliably spin a KA over about 7400 or so on the stock valvetrain and crank. To achieve higher rpms you will need a custom billet crank, and lots of headwork, or so I am told. Are you wanting this motor to be turbo only or will you use NOS too? You will not need high rpms with NOS and you could get 650 easy with a good size turbine. Duy's car made like 545 or so back in the day. It is blownup as of right now and the S13 the new owner was racing was SR powered. There is another guy in MD who has a very fast KA, he runs 11's but it is blownup as well. He will have his car together before long though.I finally got a new clutch and am installing it this week, I hope to be at the track on friday on some ET streets and running 30psi of boost to hit 11's for sure. I will then get to a dyno as well to see what I can lay down, I am expecting between 425-460 or so. Then it can finally be sold.... once I have met my goals I can let her go.

WDRacing

Not that I expect you to read the last 6 pages, but all that was covered. My entire engine will be rebuilt. The only stock parts staying are the head, block and crank. The rest will be aftermarket or custom made.

Sounds like you have a nice ride, 403 lbs of torque is very nice.

WD

I am Technoman
Car: ???

PSI how did that race go between you and that Viper last night?The Viper with the 200 shot of nOS!!

PSI240SX
Car: Smoking V8's

As I said.... you will need to get a billett crank or you are wasting your time trying to rev that motor. 403 tq is about to be a lot higher next week :)

I wasted the Viper GTS with intake, exhaust and a chip when he was on the motor but on the spray he got me. He was very impressed, as a matter of fact he said that if he wouldnt have just bought the Viper he would buy my car in a heartbeat.

matt0941
Car: Counter-Strike, Cars, Girls (in that order)

Why would you build your bottom end in order to increase your revs on a stroke motor like the KA?

jmac
Car: weld/fab, fishing

matt0941 wrote:Why would you build your bottom end in order to increase your revs on a stroke motor like the KA?
i believe he wants to retain as much of the torque curve as possible while extending the rpm's will allow him to take full advantage of whatever turbo he decides on. not having enough revs left to spin the turbo to the point of losing abdiatic efficiency would pretty much suck.

matt0941
Car: Counter-Strike, Cars, Girls (in that order)

jmac wrote:i believe he wants to retain as much of the torque curve as possible while extending the rpm's will allow him to take full advantage of whatever turbo he decides on. not having enough revs left to spin the turbo to the point of losing abdiatic efficiency would pretty much suck.

:squint

gyfer

1. HP related to rpm2. With the psi he is running, he need bigger turbo. That leads into bigger lag. Bigger lag need higher lev limit to compensate

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”