409.5RWHP Unopened Motor S13SR Dyno --->

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
mattback
Car: being a big f'ng ricer

So, you're sitting at the light in your big v8 powered sports car, and you look to your right to find a rather innocent looking Nissan 240sx sitting next to you. He looks to you, and offers a playful rev. Insulted, you answer with a honking hello from your 4.5+ liters of displacement. Little did you know what 22psi of boost pressure could offer to a puny little 2 liter engine....

The light turns green, and you're handed your *** and stuck sitting at a pair of tail lights. You stop, talk, and look for the nitrous bottle - and fail. You smell the exhaust, and hope for the sweet smell of high octane - only to smell good ole 93 octane gas. You keep looking for excuses...built motor? Nope. Unusuable powerband? Sorry. Impossible price tag? Nope. Unstreetable? Hardly.

This is the power of tuning and a well thought out setup. Utilizing a 100% stock unknown (no cams no headgasket milage motor from japan (SR20DET), a couple motor bolt ons (larger injectors, turbo, manifold, intake manifold), some supporting parts (large intercooler, BOV, exhaust, downpipe), and a prototype engine management system that you'll be hearing about soon, this street legal rice burning red rocket is dead set to run 11's on pure street tires. This car has previously run a best of 12.3@120mph with 29hp less and a lot less torque.

Let's put this in some numbers that you can appreciate

100+ hp per piston 200+hp per liter 2400lb RWD street car And he fills up at the same gas station that your grandma does - and get's the same mpg she does, if not better!

This is a Secret Services, Tampa FL car.

MR2driver

Was that tuned with SDS?

I H8 UR DSM

mattback wrote:So, you're sitting at the light in your big v8 powered sports car, and you look to your right to find a rather innocent looking Nissan 240sx sitting next to you. He looks to you, and offers a playful rev. Insulted, you answer with a honking hello from your 4.5+ liters of displacement. Little did you know what 22psi of boost pressure could offer to a puny little 2 liter engine....

The light turns green, and you're handed your *** and stuck sitting at a pair of tail lights. You stop, talk, and look for the nitrous bottle - and fail. You smell the exhaust, and hope for the sweet smell of high octane - only to smell good ole 93 octane gas. You keep looking for excuses...built motor? Nope. Unusuable powerband? Sorry. Impossible price tag? Nope. Unstreetable? Hardly.

This is the power of tuning and a well thought out setup. Utilizing a 100% stock unknown (no cams no headgasket milage motor from japan (SR20DET), a couple motor bolt ons (larger injectors, turbo, manifold, intake manifold), some supporting parts (large intercooler, BOV, exhaust, downpipe), and a prototype engine management system that you'll be hearing about soon, this street legal rice burning red rocket is dead set to run 11's on pure street tires. This car has previously run a best of 12.3@120mph with 29hp less and a lot less torque.

Let's put this in some numbers that you can appreciate

100+ hp per piston 200+hp per liter 2400lb RWD street car And he fills up at the same gas station that your grandma does - and get's the same mpg she does, if not better!

This is a Secret Services, Tampa FL car.

congrats....nice #'s.

fyi...we are running 10's on a stock sr20det, stock headgasket, no internal work, just upgraded turbo, manifold, injectors, mafs, bigger intercooler (not very large, lol), and 3" exhaust, and fuel pump : D (went the 12.3 on stock turbo)

someone ran a 8.4 on a stock sr20det HEAD very recently : )

Get some drag radials, and a good lsd (if it dont have one), you can run a low 11 w/ a good driver w/ that setup....no info on what turbo/wastegate its running?

Id build that block quickly, do the headgasket, tune for a 100shot, and go run a mid 10, but thats just me :cool:

again, congrats....have fun

Jesse

I H8 UR DSM

did you weigh that to 2400? or is that an estimate? i have a coupe, gutted, lightweight rims, racing seat etc...and it weighs more than that at the track..im wondering if our weights were off??

jesse

mattback

i searched rollhard and didn't see any information on the bone stock sr running 10s. please link me. were these 10s on pump gas? ;-)

MR2 Driver, if you read the post you would see it is not tuned by sds. check out some comprehension skills there :-)

I H8 UR DSM

409whp, for some reason i thought it was 390, i cant read, lol...even more impressive...are you going to try to get more out, and not worry about the engine? im just curious because i dont think anyone has been too definitive on what levels things start to break...we ran 22psi, and a 75shot on the ser w/ no detremental effects, but im just curious to what level the headgaskets will go...i dont think it would hold 25psi, but im curious...im not asking you to hurt the motor for me though, lol...

the car does not have anything to do with rollhard...Eloy is a drives the 10sec mr2, and the eclipse...they are all dsm guys, lol...

our nissans are tuned by North Howell Performance, on Long Island, and our cars are affiliated with East Coast Motorsports.pump gas +109 octane pump gas mix...slicks....in a SER though also, not a 240 chassis....ill look for some pics on my HD, but we dont have a website for NHP...dont need one, rep speaks for itself;)

the car is getting prepped for full race though, and isnt as streetable as the setup you posted, especially the traction factor...it hasnt even been on the road in the last few month...will run one of the pro classes in NHRA next season, and get our asses handed to us : D

got a high 10second 280z here w/ a TecII running the whole system...its a ****box and a half, but a fast one, lol, its a customers car, and falling apart, but i think it dyno'd at around the 530whp level or something....i got to drive it, and didnt want to anymore, ever, lol. (street tires)

jesse

wasnt trying to steal your shine man, if thats how it seemed by my original post

180crafter
Car: Nissan 240sx

where are you guys located?

I live in Miami, and am building up my SR. Maybe I'll head to Tampa for the weekend and stop by your shop...

How many miles does the block have?

mattback

we have no clue..it was awesome when scott pulled the valve cover. but i mean. its just one of the low mileage imported engines from japan if you know waht i mean.. THe motor was obtained from Martin Struk's Importer.

You should come up to tampa man. We can definatly help you extract more power out of the thing.

89sxRCR
Car: destroying self esteem

Quote »So, you're sitting at the light in your big v8 powered sports car[/quote]

Sorry but id still have money on the v8 sports car, ESPECIALLY if its a hybrid Datsun 240z. Their power to weight ratio is amazing. I love 240sx's but if that v8 sports car is lightweight it will own. I can just picture him reving at a hybrid datsun and expecting to win... now if you get 500hp + then i would put money on you in a lot of races :)

battyx

So can we get any specifics on this bad boy, because I'm looking to build a set-up that will be right around there...

Will any stand-alone ECU work with the 240? Like the motec or autronic? Those are both well proven...

Daunttless

You have to wire standalones up, so yes, any stand alone will work with a 240SX. They don't just plug in though.

Also, K, thats classic. : )

And last, but not least, even if we don't agree on engine management, at least you like women Mattback. Thats more than I can say for Freak or S14 Pimpin. : )

:icesangel

Daunttless

I really didn't need to see that. : )

mattback

that isnt even my webcam you guys. come on now give me credit, my logitech has ALOT more resolution then that thing!!We were at my friend robyn's house having hella fun when crunk. you should try it sometime! For the record i have my entire ip pimpin. have you checked out /video/ or /mp3/ yet?? give it a try.If you send me afile on aim, and need it hosted, just go to /unsorted/ that's where it is. my webserver is there for the people! youre all like ooo ooo stop . yeah i take pictures of my self. that's what happens when youre bored as hell while studying for class and you are tired and some girl aims you and is like ' hey are you hot' and im like ' id unno ' and shes like ' take pics' and i'm like ' ok whatever'. yep that's usually what happens.oh check out /images/z31/z31conversion/ if you want to see all the work i did on my car and /z31finished/ . down here int he summer in florida its hard to work on a car during the rainy season, especially when my dad's bike is currently taking up my garage. I'm making provisions to actually get a two bay garage down in the industrial area of tampa, but as you may or may not know, tuition is expensive ;-) so it will have to wait until i find somebody to share the space with.

180crafter

Hey, how do I get my girl to comply with those... err... modifications.... (hehehe)

I H8 UR DSM

daaamn, that girls got some Nips....weres the other pics??

: D

I H8 UR DSM

matt....do you know of a place called Magnum Turbo shop (MTS)down in florida somewhere? Just curious if you know, or have ever heard of them. Let me know, thanks : )

Jesse

mattback

no sorry

180crafter

So, when will the Nissdata system be available???

kickertu

I want my car to have 400 + hp. what engine managment did you use?

midnight brother

...read the post its called "Nissdata"

89sxRCR

Im sure we all want 400 +hp cars kicker, but why dont you do a little research besides superstreet. Im sick of people who are just posting stuff like I want a 350+ hp car, what do i do? LOOK IT UP, and if you have no skills at engines you better have a lot of money...

Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

89sxRCR - Let me be the first to agree with you, I cant stand people that want the answer, without doing the work.. in anything in life.. but dont you think thats kinda harsh?

I mean, I know very little.. My father/friends know jack.. you guys, the net and chilton/haynes are all I have to learn by.. I'm a college kid with limited money that has fallen for these cars and making HP.

89sxRCR

But your doing research, therefor learning more about stuff you need to do. If you dont know and dont bother to look anything up, you better have a lot more $$ than someone who can do it themselves. I thought cars were powered by little hamsters on wheels with carrots above thier face five years ago, but after doing a lot of research, getting a lot of books from the library, talking to my mechanic friends, i have saved myself a lot of money on installs. And lazy 'superstreet kids' piss me off like no other.

jon ormesher
Car: playing guitar and harmonica, working (fixing) my 240 and my freinds 240's, driving...

hey i used to be a lazy super street kid... then my motor blew up and i replaced using a cheap set of sockets and some other interesting tools. :P actually i really dont like the SS crowd either. but sometimes i ask really stupid questions. so.. i dont know leave me alone.

89sxRCR:i have a 89 hatch and i am about to buy a motor for it (granted the shipment comes through). i know i could look this up but im lazy... what do you have to change on for the gagues?? i assume i just need a DOHC gauge cluster for the tach to work, am i correct? thanks in advance for your help and please dont hate me.

I H8 UR DSM

yes, or you can use a tachometer from the silvia and just swap that into your cluster

SR20DET240
Car: Um... cars

http://65.34.70.220/images/Girls/tampahoe.jpg

Dude, you got so much stuff on your IP! I can't believe all your pics. Gonna check the vids now.

I wanna do a full SR20DET conversion into a 240sx. You'll see me posting with Q's occasionally as I look for more info on the swap.

kickertu

89sxRCR wrote:Im sure we all want 400 +hp cars kicker, but why dont you do a little research besides superstreet. Im sick of people who are just posting stuff like I want a 350+ hp car, what do i do? LOOK IT UP, and if you have no skills at engines you better have a lot of money...

Im not a super street kid. a$$!!! I was just stating that i want a 400+ hp car. im not asking how! I now alot about cars, and if there is something i dont know, i can ask my boss, who owns the performance shop i work at!!!!! we work on alot of nissans, we just got a new motor put in an r32 skyline! I can almost bet i know more about cars than you!. dont flame unless you know the circumstances.........

SR20DET240

BTW, I thought the stock drivetrain can handle 400HP, so isn't 410 WHP pushing the limits and going to break stuff?

You can probably tune it so you only get like 375 right? Some guys don't have the money to upgrade all of their drivetrain. But I guess if you are upgrading the engine like that, the drivetrain should not be overlooked.

Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

400RWHP out of an SR is not super hard... doesnt even require a huge amount of money.. however a 6k HKS gearbox.. thats a big chunka change for those of us that have paid about that for our cars & SR's combined =)

SR20DET240

okay i was just wondering. If I can get 300 RWHP out of mine, I'll be a very happy camper.

Is the 5-lug upgrade worth it? Or should I just put $$$ into the motor?

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”