350z coil pack..WTH!?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Twinturbo713

Evilevo I'm having the exact same problems with my 350z, did you ever get this figured out!??

Twinturbo713

Evilevo I'm having the exact same problems with my 350z, did you ever get this figured out!?? Even that little brown condenser was melted in my car too lol :confused:

Twinturbo713

If anyone knows what fixed this coil problem pm I will pay pall u a tip lol!

bleclair00
Car: 03 & 07 350z

I had the same issue and i bought a grounding kit and upgraded my coil pack from the VK engine <-- nissan titan engine.... I prob went through 5 coils on the same cyl before fixing this issue. Car has now ran fine for 6 months with no cyl misfire issue

jerryd1987
Car: 03 350z many mods inc next year

most tuning solutions have cylinder trims, also manufacturing tolerances, its very reasonable that they are all on the verge of doing it and the one simply has a little excess resistance or something that pushs it over the edge.

its the same reason engines go boom all the time from detonation but you only see it on one or two cylinders because the engine was on the ragged edge. theirs literally no less then a couple dozen reasons why only one would go on a tune.
float_6969 wrote:If it was the tune, why would it only continue to damage one coil?

This is an electrical issue. Have you tried changing plugs?

jerryd1987
Car: 03 350z many mods inc next year

bleclair00 wrote:I had the same issue and i bought a grounding kit and upgraded my coil pack from the VK engine <-- nissan titan engine.... I prob went through 5 coils on the same cyl before fixing this issue. Car has now ran fine for 6 months with no cyl misfire issue
depending on the year, some of the vk's have the exact same coil pack as the vq, more then likely you had a grounding issue with the coil grounds that the grounding kit fixed or the engine had corrosion on one of the normal grounding point or simply gone. the driver side grounding cable is commonly broke and i have seen several times the passanger side one(the primary one) is heavily corroded. double so since most of the grounding kits ive seen have a connection point in the same location as the coil grounds.

BUDDIKA
Car: nissan tilda 2007

Nice job boss. I had same problem with my Nissan tilda 2007 in dubai. Recently 2-time replace sparkplug and 4 coils.expended lots of cash on this **** Problems :mad: . I run car hardly 100 km. yesterday my car ac compressor coil burn. Before given workshop I check a/c compressor wire to other end. By the way I found this same little sh***.it is not burn but had water and something like brown grease inside. I clean up and start the car. Still I don’t know what is the problem in my car. So I gave my car to repair ac compressor. Now garage man call he & me told me ac is ok. But your engine misfiring. I explain to him that plug is replace recently. But he sad no we have to open engine cover & check plug. Now I am thinking to sell my car low rate with this condition. I google search more then 2 month to find a answer. But I did not find any of complain like this.. Finally today I google search WHY CAR AC COIL BURN images I found that u post what I so yesterday my car brown hidden plastic grease water****.oh my god. Peoples motor mechanical can’t find this problems. Thanks boss now am not selling my car. I will teach him how to fix this problem. Thank again. My self buddika prasanna I m from sri lanka work in dubai.. :rotfl

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”