2022 Nissan Rogue SV 1.5L Turbo issue SOLVED!!!!! Finally!!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jacek2282
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue 1.5L Turbo

Hello, so i have been having some issues with my 2022 Nissan rogue SV 1.5L turbo... you can read about this here at the following post 2022-nissan-rogue-sv-1-5l-turbo-first-p ... 31227.html

the issue started at 5-7k and finally now at 43K i solved it.. Mind you that no technician at Nissan was willing to check one simple part. I am passed the factory warranty, and even so with extended warranty which i would have to take my car for additional testing and or leaving my car at the dealership for weeks for them to drive or diagnose the car, well simply i was just tired of it and decided to take things into my own hands.

long story short if you dont wanna read everything but maybe you are having same issues..

1. parked car over night
2. driving car to work early am ( 3-4 am )
3. car shakes under accell, no power when accel, cant pass any car even when floored, car shakes, chokes, stutters **** kicker only at early hours and late late hours.
4. took car to dealer, had my car for weeks, called nissan filed complaints NO HELP
5. talked to VStar650CL on this forum and i hope he sees this, he mentioned something in a PM to me that hit me about 5-6 month after i read what he told me...but there is more

1. noticed that car is having this issue when is very humid outside ( not in low humidity )hence why this was happening in early early hours or late late hours when dealership is not open and mostly during the day the humidity is low unless its raining or some other factors, again this hit me in my head months after.
2. so here it is the problem was MAF air flow sensor..... not even one tech has checked the values it puts out... it was faulty...i bought a brand new one without warranty and it has solved my issue **** mind you they are on back order for 2022+ rogues ( i wonder why ).....but wait there is more...

2 weeks driving with the new sensor everything is perfect high humidity low humidity day, night, sun or rain... then one day i went to work and parked the car like normal. after coming out of work that evening, i remote started the car and here came the most WHITE smoke out of my tailpipe.... i said to my self damn...... coolant leak.....head gasket is gone...nope!!! that wasnt it... to this day i think that there was/is some issues with fuel.... the gas smell went away... and car drives like a dream..... i dont know what the white smoke was exactly i thought it was coolant.... smelled like burnt rubber filled the parking lot... after i shut it onn and back on, there was no smoke no issues.. 5 weeks now no issues...

so yes the MAF airflow sensor was bad,,, had it checked... by one of my friends who has a shop ( not nissan )
and the white smoke...seems like something UNCLOGGED it self or burnt it self off...

thats all... issue gone..

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

All is well that ends well.
Hope you picked a quality part for the MAF ( many weak new ones floating around) :)

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

The joke is on us. Really a 2022 MAF sensor went kaput?

But let the dealership replace it for free on a freaking newish vehicle.

Not impressed with the failed part or dealer treatment. :werd:

Jacek2282
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue 1.5L Turbo

casperfun wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:21 am
The joke is on us. Really a 2022 MAF sensor went kaput?

But let the dealership replace it for free on a freaking newish vehicle.

Not impressed with the failed part or dealer treatment. :werd:
thats what i said... but for them to actually check any values on the original MAF sensor ( under warranty ) i would either have to convince a tech to check it... becasue the have to have a print out that the part is actually bad, hence a check engine light ( which mind you never came on EVER!!) they would keepmy car again for weeks while they diagnose and diagnose, maybe they would stumble upon this but i would have been few weeks...

but yes if anyone is experiencing any issues like i did choaking stuttering, shaking while accelerating or trying to pass a car, please check the MAF air flow sensor.. again they are on back order... so i wonder why!>?

Return to “Rogue Forum”