2017 Rogue Blower

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
StephaneC
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

First posting.

I had to change the blower on my 2017 Rogue and encountered some problems when following the 2016 Service Manual. The blower must be turned CLOCKWISE to be removed. There is a mention of a lever to move, but did not find one.

When trying to purchase a replacement, the local part store did not have the right part number. Had to get the part from the dealer.

Kujy
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

So I got the dreaded ticking when the climate control is on and blowing air, be it hot or cold. Accessing the blower motor on my 2015 Nissan Altima was easy, but with the Rogue it’s a whole other story.

I managed to remove the glove box and am able to see the blower motor up behind the passenger dash, but actually getting a hand in there to remove the screw and take out the blower motor is nigh impossible.

I tried looking online for how to remove the passenger side dash, but did not have much luck. I unscrewed whatever screws I could on the passenger side of the dash assembly (including where the door meets the right edge) but without ripping out the dash Hulk-style, I can’t seem to be able to dislodge it.

And so far the best quote I received for removing and cleaning the blower motor, apart from going to the dealer, is $120 so going the mechanic route is not really an option.

Thank you for any help, I am DESPERATE 😊
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO! Topic merged with existing thread.

We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. SEARCH KEYWORD = blower

I believe the info you're looking for is in this thread... 2015 glove box and dash removal

PRO TRIP - USE THE CORRECT TITLE: That means, make sure your title has the topic at hand. Don't title something: "I have a question" or "Small concern" or "Rogue issues". Instead title it: "Tire tpms question" or "Rear bumper paint issue".

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Don't pull the dash, please. That's a much bigger can of worms than yanking the glove box, you really don't want to go there. A cheap battery power-screwdriver will make getting the screw out much easier, and if the motor is stubborn, tap-tapping it clockwise with a hammer and a small canted-end prybar will generally dislodge it. There's a plastic pawl and tab that hold it in place, when they're stubborn it's because the pawl is stuck. Once it moves at all it will usually go the rest of the way easily.

Kujy

Thank you. The better half had the Rogue for a road trip so wasn't able to look into it until now. I managed to get both screws off the (presumed) blower housing. Now, is the front of the housing supposed to just come up with some elbow grease? Attaching a couple photos for reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo7ed5nlyadr8 ... 4.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57mf49zpwn1on ... 8.jpg?dl=0
Attachments
20201201_122058.jpg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The tiny phillips screw in the upper righthand of your pic is the one that needs to be removed. The tab and pawl are directly counterclockwise from it, that's what sticks when they're stubborn. Getting a canted prybar or long screwdriver into the ribs on the lefthand side and tap-tapping the motor clockwise is much easier than getting a grip with your hand. Once the pawl rotates past the tab, the blower will pop right out. Don't try to remove the connector beforehand, it's much easier to get at with the blower rotated. Reverse the process to reinstall, get the new blower in the hole but not seated, reinsert the connector, then tap-tap counterclockwise on the righthand ribs if necessary to click it into place.

Kujy

Thank you so much, will try this next weekend when I have access to a garage. Really appreciate the detailed explanations!

Return to “Rogue Forum”