2015 glove box and dash removal

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
DCMatt
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

The blower motor quit on my 2015 (71,000 miles). No warning. No noise. It just won't come on anymore.

Fuses are good. Everything else seems to be working properly.

I have most of the dash loose but it is hanging up near the center console. I can see metal clips holding it in place.

What tool is used to undo the clips and where can I get one? Also, how many clips are there?

Thx

DCMatt

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Use either a plastic prying tool or a flathead to undo the clips. And I never count the number of clips, but it shouldn't be a lot of them.

And looking at your car info, do you have the Select or the SV or SL or S trim, cause there is no SE trim for the Rogue for a 2015.

DCMatt

Thx for the heads-up on the trim typo. I only missed it by 1 letter... :)

The plastic trim removal tools won't touch it. These look like they need to be squeezed somehow to make them let go.

The FSM simply says release the clips "using a suitable tool" but doesn't specify.

I found a diagram on this page showing the placement of the clips:

http://www.nirogue.com/glove_box_assemb ... -1049.html

Looks like a lot of them...

What a PITA!

DCMatt

Well, I give up. I can't get the dash off my Rogue.

I guess I'll just bite the bullet and pay the $$$ to replace the $40 blower motor. :frown:

I've worked on my own cars for most of my life. Very frustrating...

andygold
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Black/Almond

I realize this thread is a couple of years old, but I have some info for those that stumble upon it....

The blower motor quit on my 2015 SL a few days ago. I just pulled the motor today. To get to the blower you have to remove the glove box. Not just the door, but the panel above it. To get that panel off, you need to remove the HVAC display and radio from the dash as there's one screw that holds the radio that also secures a panel. Also, a lower panel on the right side, and the panel that holds the push start button needs to be removed. Bear in mind most of these panels just pop in and pop out, so it's not difficult to remove them.

I found an excellent video on YouTube that walks you through every step of both disassembly and reassembly. The channel is named "Online Police". Yes, I know that sounds strange, but that's the name. The video is titled 2014 Nissan Rogue HVAC blower motor replacement. My 2015 is identical to what is shown is this video for a 2014. And yes, the blower motor on a 2015 needs to be turned clockwise to remove it (other videos say to turn it opposite). Mine was quite stuck so I had to use a hammer and wooden stick to coax on the fins to coax the pawl that locks it in place to release.

While under the dash, I also removed the cover for the cabin filter as well as the filter itself. That filter keeps debris from getting into the fan. Mine was loaded with a small handful of crumbled leaves and twigs. You'll probably end up destroying the filter when taking it out as it is bigger than the opening. You need to accordion it together (you'll understand what I mean when you see a new filter) to make it take up less room to get it into the place where it resides.

Don't forget to take a vacuum to the housing where the motor resides as well as where the filter resides to remove all the particles.

As an asides, I took a multimeter set to conductivity, and ran a probe to each of the two terminals on the blower motor, as I turned the fan blade the meter kept screaming and stopping, and repeat. This showed me that the brushes were not making good contact with the motor armature. So, basically the brushes are toast. Car has 90K miles and is just under 8 years old (bought it in late 2014
).

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I dread the blower repairs when I read them thru the years on this forum. Seems to be a pain.

My 13 year old blower still running and I hope it doesn’t die before the Rogue wheels fall off which I’m keeping til then. :whistle:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

casperfun wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:23 pm
I dread the blower repairs when I read them thru the years on this forum. Seems to be a pain.

My 13 year old blower still running and I hope it doesn’t die before the Rogue wheels fall off which I’m keeping til then. :whistle:
I don't blame you a bit, replacing the blower on your gen1 is a much bigger PITA than andygold's gen2. The dash and centerstack on the gen2 is something Nissan Engineering definitely got right.

C-ya
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

casperfun wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:23 pm

I went in through the drivers floorboard area. Took the accelerator pedal off - easy enough. I followed these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH8-Hg-55vc&t=645s and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL2XydeS7w4&t=672s Hopefully you never have to do it. It was the only major thing not working on my daughter's car that I paid $800 for, except the engine. LOL Frozen a/c compressor led a "shop" (used loosely) to diagnose "no compression on any cylinder, needs engine". Again, LOL.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

C-ya wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:09 pm
I went in through the drivers floorboard area. Took the accelerator pedal off - easy enough.
You must either have a small build or you're double-jointed. Even with the pedal out, I always have to make myself into a pretzel.
:lolling:

C-ya
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:55 pm
C-ya wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:09 pm
I went in through the drivers floorboard area. Took the accelerator pedal off - easy enough.
You must either have a small build or you're double-jointed. Even with the pedal out, I always have to make myself into a pretzel.
:lolling:
I meant the accelerator pedal was easy to remove. The blower itself was a mild PITA. Yes, I was laying on my back in the floorboard with my feet outside, then I tried my side, then my back again, and so on. It was a mild winter evening in the garage, which didn't help with my manual dexterity.

I'm 5'9" and weigh 165, so not a big guy by any means, but at times like those, you kinda wish ya hadn't ate so many doughnuts and drank so many beers.

Return to “Rogue Forum”