2016 Rogue Sunroof Seal Replacement

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
TimLoon
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

New to this forum but need help with my latest Rogue issue.
Need to replace the seal on the sunroof and looking for a video that shows the procedure. So far have found nothing.
Have found other posts but still have a few questions.
- Where are the torx screws that need to be removed to pull the pane? (if someone has a picture, would be a big help)
- Some folks mentioned using a glue when inserting the new seal. What specific glue did you use.

All help would be appreciated. Tim

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You have to open the sunshade and then remove the rubber accordion deflectors along the sides of the pane. The torx screws will be visible with the accordions removed. Use a magnet along with the torx driver, they're special screws and probably not stocked at the dealership, so you don't want to lose them down in the headliner. Try this post, the OP had to repair his gasket not long ago:
2018-rogue-moon-roof-weatherstripping-r ... 31380.html

If you're replacing the seal because of a water leak, don't bother. That seal is an air-stop and isn't intended to stop water in any fashion. The trouble will be in your drains.

TimLoon

Thanks, Seal is deformed and need to be replaced. Also dealing with clogged drains tonight.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

TimLoon wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:45 pm
Thanks, Seal is deformed and need to be replaced. Also dealing with clogged drains tonight.
Get them from the bottom and not the top, it's those idiot plastic "buttons" or "X's" molded into the center of the drain fittings that always cause the issue. Blowing or snaking the drains from the top often won't last beyond the next rainstorm. The cowl covers on gen2's are super easy, and once those buttons are gone the problem shouldn't repeat itself.

TimLoon

Went in from the bottom and cleared the clogs. Do folks just snap the buttons off>
Also found the torx screws for sunroof. Easy enough to remove. Not to find the right adhesive to put new seal back on the pane.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

TimLoon wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:35 pm
Do folks just snap the buttons off>
Yep. I use a hook tool to bust one side loose and then twist it off with a needlenose. Don't ask me whose bright idea those were. They'd make perfect sense at the top of the drain, so maybe it was an upside-down engineer (I'll be polite).
TimLoon wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:35 pm
Also found the torx screws for sunroof. Easy enough to remove. Not to find the right adhesive to put new seal back on the pane.
I use spray glue with a tube-tip. Gorilla snot also works well, as the OP did in that other post. You want something sticky but which sets up fairly slow.

Return to “Rogue Forum”