2016 Rogue Sl Build

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue203
Car: 2016 rogue sl

@ 07SL55amg

I don't have a how to guide on replacing bulbs...if you ever swapped a light bulb it's pretty basic stuff so I can't help you there...
There is a thread in this forum on led lighting. On the sl model only the fogs and blinkers up front are not led. The fog light led conversion is complete plug and play meaning you take the connector to the Oem fogs plug it into the connector of the new ballast and plug the remaining connector into the new led bulb. Completely reversible and takes 5 minutes.

*Front lighting*
Front blinkers: 7443 sylvannia 6000k led (2)
Front fogs: h11 akoli 6000k 80w 8000Lm plug play Cree led conversion (2)

*Interior*
Visor lights: 6641 3-smd 12v festoon led (2)
Back seat lights: Jdm Astar 6000k 194 led (2)
Trunk light: Phillips 30mm festoon part #XE9541CGFQ4OT 6000k (1)

*Tail lights*
Reverse lights: Luyed 12-smd 921 850Lm (2)
Brake bulbs: 7443 18smd 6000k led (2)
Turn signals: 7443 18smd 6000k led (2)
Parking lights: Jdm Astar 6000k 194 (4)
License plate: Jdm Astar 6000k 194 (2)

If you don't have the sl model than you can do the same fog light conversion for your headlights. On the sl they are already led and cannot be changed. Good luck.

DLO310
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL
2010 Nissan Murano SL
2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S
2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD

Rogue203 wrote:Hmm interesting....how do we find out what base plate was actually used tried contacting the seller?
I ended up ordering a front tow hook relocation kit for a nissan juke -> (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6 ... UTF8&psc=1).
What sold me was the fact that it has multi-angles to help with that "flush/ parallel to bumper" fitment I mentioned in an earlier comment. My only fears are that the tread pattern on the bolt will not match, or that the license plate will end up sitting ridiculously far from the bumper. Also, there is the possibility of the bolt not being long enough... regardless, I'll let you know how installation goes.

also on order...

Fog light LED conversion kit
Front turn signal LED conversion
Reverse light LED conversion
Interior/ license plate LED conversion

how is the build coming along?

Rogue203

Parts just sitting in the garage. Will try to tackle the springs on my day off fri but may have to hold off till I'm on vacation the end of the month to finish that properly. Been going through hurdles to get my hands on a particular exhaust which I'll be ordering shortly. The DRL fog surrounds should arrive today/tomorrow so that should be easy. Not enough time glad you ordered the LEDs it'll look good. Also that tow mount is much better of a price then the other one hopefully it works out. Once you get that on take pics if it's good I'll get the same one for sure.

Rogue203

Quick update. Only Got a chance to finish the drl fog surrounds finally after some help on here with the wiring. Wires are fully hidden and I ran them without the blinker setup. I just wanted them on in conjunction with the drls. Having them light up orange when turning would not have matched my white led turn signals and I didn't have to splice into any oem blinker wires so that's that.

While I still got the springs and pulley to put on here's what I've been working on and got coming in...

HKS NT32 legamax premium exhaust (look it up) has been ordered almost 30 days ago. It's a 60 day wait from Japan since they build it per order. Went through hurdles to get this and I will definitely be the first in the U.S to have this. :greg:

Full Led tail lights are also on their way. I might have them lightly smoked before putting on but will see what works better. They are all red and will look much better on black than the clear oem ones.

Momo Italy black aluminum shift knob (might not end up working out we'll see)

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

Very nice! Love my black on black SL.

metfan22
Car: 2008 rogue

Where did you get the drl fog surround lights ?

Rogue203

Got a chance to finish up the eibach spring install. The rears I did the night before so they had a good 24 hrs to settle in. The fronts I got done today and still have a way to go. Didn't test them out fully but did go for a ride and what a difference. Night and day. Stiff, handles like a gocart. I would highly recommend these to anyone. Eibach really nailed it on these and are worth every penny. The ride quality is ten times better than oem. I didn't even get a chance to test it with the strut bar since I dropped it off for some gloss black paint work. Anyways here's a before and after with the fronts not even settled down fully.

Stock springs

With eibach sport line lowering springs

Rogue203

Had the strut bar painted gloss black ...lot better than the white it came in imo

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

metfan22 wrote:Where did you get the drl fog surround lights ?

I have them on my 2015 SL and I got them on ebay. I'm using both the DRL's and Turn Signal function. Love them!!!

Ken

Rogue203

Quick pic of the led tails...leave them red or smoke them out with the reverse part left white? Decisions decisions... :confused:

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Leave them like that

Rogue203

Just a teaser shot of the tails I just finished installing.... :naughty:

Jubmasterflex
Car: 2015 Nissan X-Trail SV

Killer!

I was thinking of picking these up as well as I'm not a fan of both look and functionality of the factory taillights. Did you purchase these off of Alibaba or Ebay? How easy of an install was it?

Rogue203

Install was complete plug and play. Just take out the factory bulbs and these have color coded wires with plugs that go into the factory sockets which seal up the back with factory seal and twist. Absolutely can't mess up just align the black wires to black and that's it. Ebay Seller is sbo autoparts 270 + 85 shipping lowest I found. Absolutely fantastic! Get em son :dblthumb:

frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

Look good mate, can you do a quick video showing brake lights, turn signals and reverse?

noms23
Car: Nissan Rogue 2016

I like the blue flamed exhaust tip and pedals! Where did you got them?

Rogue203

Sorry no video. I found the same set in a much rare version all clear and purchased them instead so I already removed them. Come to find out shipping back to China will cost more than my refund so not worth it. If anyone wants to buy these I literally had them on one day I will sell them for 250. Would prefer local pickup (I'm in CT) but can ship out if you pay for shipping as long as it's within the u.s. Let me know guys! I know someone will make good use of these
Last edited by Rogue203 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rogue203

noms23 wrote:I like the blue flamed exhaust tip and pedals! Where did you got them?

I have an exhaust coming in from Japan and will no longer need the exhaust tip if you'd like I can sell it to you for 25$ shipped. The pedals I got from eBay. Thanks buddy let me know if you want the exhaust tip.

frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

Awesome, when you get the clear ones do a video :) I was thinking about the clear ones too... thanks..

Rogue203

Clear/ chrome would look fantastic on white. Ya I'll figure out how to do a video. The red ones are beautiful but when I saw the clear ones I knew I had to have them instead. Was originally going to get red rohana wheels and do black/ red theme but I've always done black on black so with the black wheels I'm getting the clear tails will be better after all. I just hope someone buys the red ones from me so they don't go to waste. Will keep you posted when the new ones come in.

followingnfront

Ever drive down to NYC? It's not the most financially responsible purchase I can make right now, but I am curious about those lights

Rogue203

followingnfront wrote:Ever drive down to NYC? It's not the most financially responsible purchase I can make right now, but I am curious about those lights
Depends on what part of ny might be easier to just ship them to you and pay through PayPal. You're more than welcome to come pick them up. Where you located?

followingnfront

Rogue203 wrote:
followingnfront wrote:Ever drive down to NYC? It's not the most financially responsible purchase I can make right now, but I am curious about those lights
Depends on what part of ny might be easier to just ship them to you and pay through PayPal. You're more than welcome to come pick them up. Where you located?
In the city proper... 5 boros

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

nyc goes from smooth roads (exp: 440/SIexpressway) to a travesty on the verizano bridge, BQE, manhattan. i have a love/hate relationship with nyc. even half of BK is ok, then random moon-surface craters lol

followingnfront

ImStricken06 wrote:nyc goes from smooth roads (exp: 440/SIexpressway) to a travesty on the verizano bridge, BQE, manhattan. i have a love/hate relationship with nyc. even half of BK is ok, then random moon-surface craters lol
You're generous to say half of Bk is ok lol. To me the order of roads from worst to best goes like this:

1) BX
2) BK
3) Manhattan
4) Queens

Staten island really shouldn't be a borough lol and I don't know how the roads are

Rogue203

Lol ya that's why I try to stay away from ny...I wouldn't even charge you shipping just to avoid driving out there if you want them lol...let me know

followingnfront

That is a nice offer. Thank you. I will PM you soon, I just have to situate one thing financially

Rogue203

followingnfront wrote:That is a nice offer. Thank you. I will PM you soon, I just have to situate one thing financially
Sounds good bud (if I only knew how to check pm's :facepalm: ) take care of priorities first....

On another note...I decided i wanted another project and ordered a matte black maddog 150cc Chuckus scooter :rotfl ..rogue on pause

Rogue203

Well the clear really is killer on black. Picture appears like there's a gap between the two housing pieces but really isn't. The edges appearead dark making it seem that way. Anyways took a quick photo

peterlujan8

Hey Rogue203,

Really neat enhancements there. That blue flame exhaust tip, is it a double wall 24017bf?

Thanks!

Return to “Rogue Forum”