2016 Rogue infotainment resets itself and ipod issue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Act of God
Car: 2016 Rogue SL

Hello All,

Sold my G37 for a 2016 dadmobile Rogue SL about a week ago. Great car, could use a little more power. 2 things I wanted to ask:

1. The vehicle is CPO with only 25,000 miles. I noticed almost immediately that the nav/radio periodically does a hard reset about 30 seconds to 2 minutes after the car starts. The screen will go black, nissan emblem splash screen, initial text, back to radio. It has done this about 7 times so far (Sunday will be a week with it).

I have an appointment with Nissan on Wednesday but I am concerned about replicating the problem. I'm sure they will do everything in their power not to replace the head unit, so is this a known issue that I can refer to?

2. When I first got the truck I hooked up my ipod nano via USB. It worked fine. Since then, however, it has not. The unit connects rendering the ipod conrolls null), the stereo recognizes it and displays album art/songs/etc. but it simply will not play audio or start any songs. It basically stays stuck but connected. I unhooked it, reset the ipod, tried everything. Any ideas?

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Big Red Rogue
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

Take a video of the system rebooting

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

Do not assume that information posted here won't apply simply because they're different model years.

Rogue 2014 Radio Freezes

I can't handle this crappy radio anymore

New D207 Nav/Radio Update for 2014 Rogue

Act of God

Big Red Rogue wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:35 pm
Got one, I'll upload it tonight after work. I always freak out with these intermittent issues because I already can see the service guy telling me he couldn't replicate the problem and send me on my way.

Big Red Rogue
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

Act of God wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:07 am
Big Red Rogue wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:35 pm
Got one, I'll upload it tonight after work. I always freak out with these intermittent issues because I already can see the service guy telling me he couldn't replicate the problem and send me on my way.
We don't really need to see it, your dealer does. It worked for me when I was having problems.

Act of God

ok lol, yea I have 3 instances caught on video so far. Trying to gather as much proof as possible

daver312

Had a similar issue with my 16. Assuming you have the NAV unit, there is an update the Nissan service can install. After update have had no issues

Act of God

Yup, update took care of it. They still can't figure out the ipod issue, though, so I'm rolling in a loaner pathfinder for the time being.

The ipod (5th gen nano) worked the day I drove my Rogue home, but never again. Worked with no issues in my G37 before I sold it. I can't quite figure this one out. It is so odd that it loads all the songs, playlists and album art but simply won't play any songs.

Act of God

Update: They've officially given up on it and are blaming it on the ipod. Terrific!

azieba
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

Might be redundant, but have you tried wiping the Ipod and resyncing it from iTunes to refresh it's indexes... Given the history with NissanConnect and Addressbooks, I know it can be finicky. Might be worth a try.

Act of God

It looks like it might, somehow, be the ipod. I had the tech take my ipod and try it in another rogue and the same issue arose, full transfer of data but no playing. Maybe I'll do the wipe and see if that fixes it. Until then, Google Play music and unlimited data!

Return to “Rogue Forum”