New D207 Nav/Radio Update for 2014 Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
tsumeone
Car: n/a

This is version D207. This update came out around the end of October. Previously the newest version was D25 (this is what I upgraded from). I googled for a bit and found some notes for this update:

1. improved stability , fewer reboots and blank screens.
2. reduced XM loading message
3. resolves intermittent audio issues
4. corrects sound levels not corresponding to settings for bass,treble etc.
5. adds the ability to reboot the unit by holding the power button on the audio unit.
6. Adds S/XM Smart Favorite: allows pause/rewind and replay features like on a DVD player.

The TSB is NTB 14-079 (i think this might be the same TSB number as last time, not sure.)

One thing to note: #5 was already implemented in update D25.

I was just made aware of this update today and had it installed. Since then I've taken the car on 3 trips and driven for 100 miles or so. So far, my experiences have been positive. Buttons look almost un-noticeably different (specifically the shading/highlight around them looks different than before) but are overall more responsive compared to the D25 software. It has not done the thing where the audio says it's playing from my phone but it's not, or the thing where the audio comes out of my phone instead of the car, or the thing where the audio gets choppy when the radio is first booting up.

Getting this update installed takes about an hour and it will erase all your audio system settings just like the other updates did.

Koushtj
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

I've also been having some issues with Bluetooth just disconnecting during a call or the xm radio not responding. Called the dealer today and was told that in fact they have a new update. Going tomorrow morning to get it done.

iRogue
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD + Premium Package

How to tell what version of software I have installed on my unit?

tsumeone

iRogue wrote:How to tell what version of software I have installed on my unit?
With the radio on, hold down the "Apps" button and turn the "tune" knob left and right a few times. This will get you to a service screen where you can check the software versions. I don't know the precise instructions but that's what works for me.

Nammer403
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

How do we going about getting this update? Have to goto the dealer ? And how much does it cost

tsumeone

Nammer403 wrote:How do we going about getting this update? Have to goto the dealer ? And how much does it cost
Go to dealer. Free in warranty. This is for 2014 rogue.

outtolearn88
Car: Rogue SL AWD

Hello tsumeone, Can you please tell me if now after the update your music from the USB is OK ? No more lagging or skipping ?
Can you get back into the SERVICE MENU ? By holding the apps button and turning the "tune" knob about 90 degrees left then right a couple times ?

I'm trying to get back into that menu to confirm that the software number has changed...... :confused:

Has anyone else got the update done ? Or anyone with a 2015 ROGUE give us your software versions PLEASE.

Thank you for your input.

tsumeone

Yes I can get to service menu as I described earlier. USB still lags when car first starts but it's fine after that.

yi_dennis
Car: 2014 Rogue SL

tsumeone wrote:
Nammer403 wrote:How do we going about getting this update? Have to goto the dealer ? And how much does it cost
Go to dealer. Free in warranty. This is for 2014 rogue.
Will they do the update if you don't have any current issue and just want the newest firmware?

outtolearn88

MY UPDATE: Yes I was able to get to service menu, Just had to slow down going left then right ....... lol. My USB still lags too ..... :frown: when car first starts but it's dose seem to be playing fine after. I will try to play more music from the USB and keep an ear on it ! ;)

Here's a picture of my service menu, I'm at software D207 and not D027.

tsumeone

yi_dennis wrote: Will they do the update if you don't have any current issue and just want the newest firmware?
IDK. I told them I was having some strange issues with the bluetooth audio and they offered to update.

memyself

Had mine done today, no questions asked. So far very good. My issues were mainly with sound levels.

Koushtj
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Will they do the update if you don't have any current issue and just want the newest firmware?[/quote]

Just call and say the buttons don't respond sometimes when your listening to xm.

outtolearn88

Well the USB lagging at start up is still a problem ! I can't believe Nissan, how can they not do better than this ???? This radio, navigation setup is just terrible :frown:
I would have never spent the extra $$$. Well I guess I had to learn from it........ BUMMER

whizkidtn
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (AWD), Premium package

tsumeone wrote:Yes I can get to service menu as I described earlier. USB still lags when car first starts but it's fine after that.
Doing this worked for me as well. I also have version D025 and noticed some issues with playing songs from a standard USB stick that mostly resolves itself after a minute or two (still playing music all the while). But now that I know there is a new version, I'll have to go get it.

IMHO: Since these units have both a USB stick AND the SD card (installed by the dealer), it would be very nice if the owner could download the proper files from Nissan's website to the USB stick and follow some bullet-proof procedure to update it themselves. It really isn't that hard. :dblthumb:

outtolearn88

Hi, yes I totally agree with you but I really don't think we will ever see this happing with NISSAN. I don't think any car manufacturer would go by that route..... :frown:

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

^^Ford does this very thing with Sync.

outtolearn88

Hello everyone, Still a no go with the USB laggin issue. The update did nothing to correct the problem. I'll take it up again with NISSAN. Anyone have better luck after the software update ??

Thank for your input ;)

tsumeone

I don't think they ever plan on fixing it, to be honest.

outtolearn88

You still have problems with USB music lagging after software update to D207 ?
If you do please let NISSAN know. So as they will get to work on a FIX !

Thank you everyone ;)

RyleyinSTL

I had my 2014 Rogue's Connect/Radio/Navigation software updated to D207 on Monday. I was having some issues with spontaneous rebooting (among other things).

It has only been a few days so it's too early to tell if the rebooting is fixed. However the upgrade has improved a number of other things.

- The system itself seems to boot quicker and is more responsive immediately after boot (not that it was slow before but it's better now).
- Changing channels on XM radio is now also much more snappy, basically instantaneous. Previously there could be a slight (but small) delay.
- Nissan Connect Apps load quicker. I'm really hoping they will become more reliable but to early to tell so far.
- "Smart Favorites" added to XM radio presets. This allows the pausing, rewind and fast forwarding of your preset XM radio station favorites. Works very well. On music stations, once the system has been running for a few minutes, it allows you to go back to the beginning of a song when you're flipping through your XM channel favs (Something they call "Auto Tune"). You can go back and replay a number of songs until the system indicates otherwise.

I'd get this done just for the Smart Favs. Every dealer has a USB stick with the latest software on it and the upgrade takes over 30mins to complete.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox0lU-mI ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Sorry, youtube embed does not work!

Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:37 am,
Reason for editing this post: Fix video link
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

ivan_2001ve
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014
Nissan Altima 2010

One, question.

As anyone in this Forum have taken into consideration to replace the OEM unit for aftermarket unit?, specially the ones with SL Around View monitor. I've been looking the diagrams and it does not seem impossible to make the around view system work with an aftermarket unit, since the one that combines the images is the Around view control module, and from there the signal goes to the head unit. I read somewhere in this forum that some guy in Europe did it with his with a 2013 NIssan Dualis. Could not find the trend but i found the video in youtube

Check the video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A57SEbGwtPg[/youtube]
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix video link

RyleyinSTL

^^Given the cost involved and the probable loss of features I'd never considered it.

therealroland
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD + Premium Package; tan interior

Where do you see D207? On the first page, second line of of text (below 'update system software'? Mine says B155 there, and dealer did not update software - will provide some more of those problems stated in this thread, see what they do.

I do have the issue that when I use voice system to call an entry in the phone book, it dials the number of the entry right after it.

Ferrisfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Package

So I had my car at the dealer and they tried to tell me there is a charge for this update. I say BS (I'm under warranty), so please tell me a specific symptom that this update fixes over D25.

Is this what any of you were actually seeing?
"say the buttons don't respond sometimes when your listening to xm"

They said this was supposed to resolve Sirius XM not displaying the artist, but I don't have that problem (they checked).

I'm going back when my recalled fuel pump comes in, and I want an iron-clad symptom to give them.

RyleyinSTL

Just tell them it reboots randomly. That should do it.

The update - did it approx 3 months ago - actually solved all the issues I was having (random reboots and problems with Nissan Connect) but actually caused a new problem with Sat Radio. Sometimes, right after I start the car (and occasionally just randomly), Sat Radio will cut out a few times and say loading (basically this means it takes up to 30 seconds from the time you start the car before you get to hear the Sat radio). This issue is very consistent upon start-up and I didn't have this problem before the update. Just be aware that this problem could affect you as well.

There is no charge for this update. If the dealer says otherwise they are just trying to extract some money from you. Go elsewhere. Without this update your radio/nav unit will not function as intended.

yi_dennis
Car: 2014 Rogue SL

I asked to have the update as the cd will start playing when you start the car and the radio was off the last time. They told me that I can update myself over the internet. We all know that is not true. I really hate the dealer in Halifax. They just do nothing most of the time and tell you its normal.

outtolearn88

ESCALATE ! You need to call NISSAN CANADA and let them know. That is totally wrong from the DEALER ! I really think here in CANADA NISSAN is falling victim to it rising sales...... There DEALER's just can't keep up ! More than ever they don't know what they are doing !!!

It's really annoying and making more than just me rethink a future NISSAN vehicle purchase. Not very good when you can't get SERVICE from the MANUFACTURE.

Really hope more owners complain to NISSAN CANADA as for this to be corrected.

outtolearn88

Hello Everyone, Just got a new software update installed in my 2014 Rogue SL tech navi. This update brings in version to D407 & is to resolve freezing issues. Anyone else have this update installed ? I'll get back to let you all know how it does.

Please share your information & experiences with your Radio & Navigation system.

cyberdeity

Yeah, I got the new firmware installed the other day.

Love the new feature where it automatically records several XM stations so I can flip and rewind.

Still reboots randomly tho!! Before, I would get 2 kinds of reboots: 1) Just the XM radio portion would reboot or 2) entire head unit reboots. Now, I only get the entire head unit reboots. Happens probably once for every 2 hours of driving, so pretty frequent. Not a major issue, just annoying as ....

My Pandora streaming works now. Before I had to start on USB then I could unplug and it would continue. Now I can start it on bluetooth no problem.

I never really noticed the other problems it may have had, so can't speak to whether or not those are all fixed satisfactorily.

Overall happy with the update.

Return to “Rogue Forum”