2016 Nissan Rogue- Removing Passenger Seat

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rbon
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

Thanks to all the informative posts from this forum, I was able to clear my sunroof drains, which were plugged causing water to back up into my car. The carpet under the passenger seat is wet and likely has a fair bit of water under it. I am planning on pulling my passenger seat to look under the carpet and do a good clean under.
My question is: How do I avoid getting an air bag alarm when disconnecting the air bag under the seat when removing the seat?

Also, if anyone has any useful info/pics taking out a passenger seat on a rogue, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The Bag Brain won't throw codes as long as the ignition is off. Just don't turn the key on while the seat is disconnected. The seat itself is easy-peasy, four T50 torx bolts.

rbon

Got around to pulling the passenger seat and carpet. Thanks VStar, these instructions "2018-rogue-moon-roof-weatherstripping-r ... 31380.html " were perfect, explained everything. I ended up finding a decent amount of water and possibly some white mold. spent some time cleaning it. Now just waiting for it to dry.

Do you think any water would have worked its way over to the driver side? It does not feel damp.

I have been taking lots of pics along the way, so hopefully I can upload them when I'm all done to help the next person.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The "hump" in gen2 Rogues is generally tall enough that leaks limited to one side won't usually reach the other side. It might be a good idea just to pop the sill trim and worm a hand down there to touch the driver's side floorpan, but if your fingers come out dry then I wouldn't worry about it.

rbon

Tested out the driver side and sadly it seems there is water on that side. I know both sunroof drains were plugged, passenger and driver side. We originally found out there was a leak when the wife noticed water by the sun visor on the ceiling of the car on the driver side.

Is it much different to pull of the driver seat to get to the carpet? Also, do the pedals cause any obstruction to getting the carpet out of the way?

Thanks for all the help.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

It's pretty much the same, the only real differences are the cover plate where the steering column meets the firewall and the evap drain hose. The carpet can be pulled out from underneath the pedals without much trouble.

Return to “Rogue Forum”