2010 NICOFEST Carlisle: OFFICIAL NICOFEST CARLISLE INFO AND

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Greenblurr93 wrote:can we do something about the runoff area for the autoX'ers?

You dont want to know the bill i got when i had to repair the cracked lip, torn tabs... etc from launching my car off the end of the track after each run (and no, i will not slow down)
You want us to do something about the fact you won't slow down? I mean we can put the finish line further back, but that is not going to change the point at which you should be braking to avoid damage to your car.

EvoTyler
Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

EZcheese15 wrote:
You want us to do something about the fact you won't slow down? I mean we can put the finish line further back, but that is not going to change the point at which you should be braking to avoid damage to your car.
I think he was referring to the finish line placement and not wanting to have to slow down before actually hitting the finish line.I too was still going pretty fast when I hit the grass, but I was on stock ride height so I only got a few knicks on the bottom of my bumper and undertray.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Greenblurr93 wrote:can we do something about the runoff area for the autoX'ers?

You dont want to know the bill i got when i had to repair the cracked lip, torn tabs... etc from launching my car off the end of the track after each run (and no, i will not slow down)
I don't forsee them adding more pavement, but I'll ask. I'll also plan to fiddle with the configuration of the last few turns to minimize the post-finish line off road excusions. Perhaps tighten up that final chicane a bit to keep you experienced guys from accelerating thru it...

EvoTyler

Bubba1 wrote:
I don't forsee them adding more pavement, but I'll ask. I'll also plan to fiddle with the configuration of the last few turns to minimize the post-finish line off road excusions. Perhaps tighten up that final chicane a bit to keep you experienced guys from accelerating thru it...
Just a thought, what if you put the finish line around that last turn so you have to make 1 more turn and that would allow for more pavement to slow down. Not sure if that's clear, but just an idea

Greenblurr93

I think tyler's idea is great, move the finish line around the just around the corner so we have plenty of room to brake and gingerly move off the track.

Im also toying the idea of bringing R-Comps... so ill still be able to accelerate through it

I really want to be faster than Bill this year...

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

EvoTyler wrote:
Just a thought, what if you put the finish line around that last turn so you have to make 1 more turn and that would allow for more pavement to slow down. Not sure if that's clear, but just an idea
Interesting idea, but I think that might result in folks taking a full extra lap to cool down. We want to try get as many runs in as possible.

I think the problem last year was the last chicane was simply too forgiving. If we make it a tad later and a bit tighter, you guys won't be able to carry as much speed, thus making those offroad finishes unnecessary.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Greenblurr93 wrote:I think tyler's idea is great, move the finish line around the just around the corner so we have plenty of room to brake and gingerly move off the track.

Im also toying the idea of bringing R-Comps... so ill still be able to accelerate through it

I really want to be faster than Bill this year...
You're welcome to run Rcomps. Keep in mind, If we tighten that chicane, a nimble RX-8 might fare better than a Corvette.

shally2186
Car: S14.5

sweet!! try to get them to make the track a BIGGER BETTER track for DRIFT too.. It'll DEF bring ALOT more people in!!!

If they make it nice enough we can hold DRIFT events there through out the year possibly

EvoTyler

Bubba1 wrote:
Interesting idea, but I think that might result in folks taking a full extra lap to cool down. We want to try get as many runs in as possible.

I think the problem last year was the last chicane was simply too forgiving. If we make it a tad later and a bit tighter, you guys won't be able to carry as much speed, thus making those offroad finishes unnecessary.
As long as the course layout is explained no one should have any issues. Maybe do it during tech or hold a driver's meeting and course walk like at solo events.

Greenblurr93

there isnt many combo's you can do with the paved section of the track... Id be more than happy to come early and help with course layout

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

EvoTyler wrote:
As long as the course layout is explained no one should have any issues. Maybe do it during tech or hold a driver's meeting and course walk like at solo events.
I'm sure you'll find the course easy to follow, especially if you did it last year. Easy to navigate, and challenging to get through quickly.
Greenblurr93 wrote: Id be more than happy to come early and help with course layout
I appreciate that, but I'm hoping we'll have it laid out/tested/marked the day before so we can get started early.

Thanks.

Greenblurr93

Ill be there friday anyway, otherwise i would need to leave MA way too early... so i always arrive a day early.

No worries, i know youll create an awesome layout, you have my email if you need to get a hold of me

EDIT: Add another for me Joel?

Shane LandryAutoX

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Greenblurr93 wrote:Ill be there friday anyway, otherwise i would need to leave MA way too early... so i always arrive a day early.

No worries, i know youll create an awesome layout, you have my email if you need to get a hold of me

EDIT: Add another for me Joel?

Shane LandryAutoX
On the list. Thanks!

psycodrifter
Car: s14 nissan 240 sx 1995/ hydrolocked honda prelude 97 rip

hey bubba i have not recieved a flyer or any info on the event i want to know if i am on the list to do autocross and drifting and if i am not can i be added along with some friends of mine they are not on this forum but they have s14's and a r32 skyline

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

psycodrifter wrote:hey bubba i have not recieved a flyer or any info on the event i want to know if i am on the list to do autocross and drifting and if i am not can i be added along with some friends of mine they are not on this forum but they have s14's and a r32 skyline
Yes, I already had you on the list. Your friends are absolutely welcome to join us. They can either post on this thread like you did, or you can give me their first/last names. You guys will still need to register for the show itself, but you're set up for the track. I would recommend getting your admission with Carlisle done before the event. Lines tend be long if you do it the day of the event.

there won't be any flyers coming from us about the event. All updates will be on this thread. I did notice Carlisle has not advertised the track fun or NICOfest on their website yet. I contacted them about it yesterday and hopefully it'll be up shortly.

Thanks.

Wreckdrider
Car: 1989 s13 coupe

So after we register here we go to the Carlisle site and do their paid registration? Or do we just show up and pay normal admission?

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Wreckdrider wrote:So after we register here we go to the Carlisle site and do their paid registration? Or do we just show up and pay normal admission?
You need to go to their site to register. You can pay at the gate as well, but it might be a higher price. The carlisle registration is separate from the track registration through us. Everyone must pay to get in through the carlisle registration. The only difference is that if you register in this thread, you'll also have access onto the track for no additional cost.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Wreckdrider wrote:So after we register here we go to the Carlisle site and do their paid registration? Or do we just show up and pay normal admission?
You can do it either way. My recommendation would be to take care of the admission to the Performance and Style Show in advance. That way you don't risk getting caught in a long line at their main gate..

Wreckdrider
Car: 1989 s13 coupe

Okay I was just makin sure I wasn't sure if I just paid a regular admission or if I had to register. It's cheaper to register anyways 40bucks gives you two day admission for 2 ppl anyways

speedeast
Car: 1990 240sx VH45 FB & 1993 300zx

Is there a difference in the judged and non-judged showfields other than judgment? Are they two different locations? I went onto carlisleevents.com and I'm more or less wondering which pass to purchase in order to somehow end up around the most NICO people.

Nissan Junky
Car: 90 s13

I am in ,Do i sign up here? if so i am going to bring the wife so that make two

Nissan Junky
Car: 90 s13

So what do i need to do to bring my car in the event.I was there last year and i paid $20 to get is by foot and i didnt have to pay to get in the track.I need a two day pass and i dont want to be in line like i saw the other guyz coming in.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

speedeast wrote:Is there a difference in the judged and non-judged showfields other than judgment? Are they two different locations? I went onto carlisleevents.com and I'm more or less wondering which pass to purchase in order to somehow end up around the most NICO people.
the difference is basically whether or not you want your car to be judged for one of their best in show awards. To be judged costs more. I'm not sure of their categories/criteria.

you can run on the track regardless of whether you want your car judged or not.

speedeast
Car: 1990 240sx VH45 FB & 1993 300zx

http://www.carlisleevents.com you register and pay on there for everything. you give bubba you and your wife's name on here so he can put you on the nico list.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

speedeast wrote:http://www.carlisleevents.com you register and pay on there for everything. you give bubba you and your wife's name on here so he can put you on the nico list.
That's it exactly, Thanks speedeast. I already have your name from your NICO profile, I just need your wife's name to add to the list.

The $20 admission is to walk into the fairgrounds (parking outside). If you want to bring your car into the fairgrounds, right now I believe it's $40 (non-judged) or $50 (for judged). Since you have just registered here, the track use is free.

EvoTyler

speedeast wrote:Is there a difference in the judged and non-judged showfields other than judgment? Are they two different locations? I went onto carlisleevents.com and I'm more or less wondering which pass to purchase in order to somehow end up around the most NICO people.
Day 1 you can park anywhere. The second day is when they do the judging and you have to have your car in the designated area

juse
Car: 1990 240sx

i would like to come help out i dont know if i want to attempt to drive the track though

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

juse wrote:i would like to come help out i dont know if i want to attempt to drive the track though
Driving on the track is not required. Theres no pressure to do it. You are welcometo join us in the paddock to get a closer look. We also appreciate any volunteer help. If you like what you see, you can try it. If you're unsure, we have several staffers who enjoy taking passengers, to give you a flavor for it.

juse
Car: 1990 240sx

^^thanks i will definatly come chech things out sounds like fun

Fr0zEn
Car: 1989 Nissan 240SX, Interceptor

I will be attending for sure this year. Would like to voulenteer for cornerworker. I will not be driving my 240SX this year My RB SWAP didnt turn out as planned so I will be driving my firebird. Also will have a passenger too. Would like to participate in AutoX.

Name - Ray BeemanCar - 00 FirebirdAutoXCorner Work.

Return to “Past NICO Events”