2009 Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jesshika

Does anyone know when the 09 Rogues will come out and what new features, if any, it will have? I wanted to get the 2008 rogue but maybe thought I should wait for the 2009's to come out. What does everyone think?
Modified by Jesshika at 2:05 PM 4/27/2008

philipa_240sx

The 2009 Rogues should be out in dealerships by August or September.

I do not have a source inside Nissan who can say if anything is going to change. I can only guess based on past experiences:

Nissan typically does a until mid-cycle refresh approximately 2-3 model years after introduction. In this case it would be 2010 or 2011 at the earliest. I would not expect any major changes on the 2009 Rogues save for different option packages to suit market demand (typically an option may become a standard feature or options may shift between packages), perhaps a special edition and updates to certain parts. I would not expect any major new features (ie. Nav or automatic climate control)... but who knows I could be proved wrong!

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

If you're in no hurry, there are advantages to waiting.

Changes should certainly be minor, but could include improvements to quirks initial year owners complain about. Maybe there will be a new color or two.

If you wait and then decide the ultimate changes to the '09's aren't that big a deal, you'll probably be able to get a good "closeout" deal on an '08.

Jesshika

Ok thank you for your replies I was planning to get one in the middle of June or so, but I guess I could wait a couple months for the price to lower on the 08's if the new ones do come out soon.

dmw98path
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I e-mailed Nissan and they said release was scheduled for 12 August. They didn't have any specifics on the features/updates.

If anyone has any ideas please post.

-dan

philipa_240sx

Like I posted earlier, don't expect many major changes for '09.

For example, Nissan released info for the '08 Altima (It was redesigned in 2007 so this is the second model year) on August 1, 2007. There were only minor changes for '08:

- Standard Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) - Slash guards- Diversity Antenna and available factory-activated XM ® Satellite Radio

I expect we should be getting news in late July/early August about the '09's.

BrianV
Car: 07 G35S 6MT, 02 MDX-T AWD

I hope they add Auto climate control; I have a feeling they'll add it to the premium package.

Cristen
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD - Venetian Red

BrianV wrote:I hope they add Auto climate control; I have a feeling they'll add it to the premium package.
Before I even opened this thread I saw you had been the last to reply and I knew you'd say that. haha!

BrianV
Car: 07 G35S 6MT, 02 MDX-T AWD

Cristen wrote:
Before I even opened this thread I saw you had been the last to reply and I knew you'd say that. haha!
I'm glad I've made my points known. Hopefully Nissan has received my letters and monitored my presence here.

SimLex
Car: Wicked Black SL AWD

I'd love to see auto climate control and automatically locking doors. Really miss my doors locking automatically.

Also wish the gas tank was on the driver's side.

Definitely things I can live with though.

philipa_240sx

Your guess is as good as mine. The Altima, Sentra (until '06) , Maxima, and Murano have them on the drivers side. The newer Sentra, Versa and Rogue are on the passenger side.

gi'me

SimLex wrote:I'd love to see auto climate control
Funny, I preferred the Rogue more than the competition specifically because it did NOT have climate control. I detest climate control because I'm never satisfied with the intended automatic temperature and fan effects.

philipa_240sx

Auto Climate Control = Right hand adjusting the knob

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I agree 100%!! I think auto climate control is the most worthless invention, and it's just a selling feature because it sounds cool. I can see the beauty of dual-zone climate control, but the auto climate control isn't even automatic. I think "auto" climate control systems require MORE user input than non-auto, because it always seems to be doing something that you don't want it to. I'm glad the Rogue doesn't have it.

philipa_240sx

philipa_240sx wrote:Auto Climate Control = Right hand adjusting the knob
What's really funny, is I work in Building Automation and we install systems that 'automatically control' the temperature and lighting inside a building. And here I am liking manual HVAC controls in my car!

turbo5454
Car: Rouge

GPS would be nice and find the wind buffleing noise.

Leo2005

GPS is no big deal these days. Get portable for cheap or for more money but with the nice headunit integrated. I would like to see.....ANGEL LIGHTS like in X6....just kidding. But led lights in the back would be nice to see. Just like RAV4 has it. Other options I'm happy with that because I was buying kinda cheap model so I can modify a little bit later. Oh yes....I wanna see better quality on plastic inside of the car so it wouldn't scratch that fast.

philipa_240sx

The Rogue's interior is much better than the '02-06 Altima. The Alty interior was entirely hard plastic and it also scratched easily. However, it was lighter coloured so you just didn't see it as much.

Palmateer
Car: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 premium convertible

Having owned numerous German cars, including the fussy Audi A4, we couldn't agree with you more. The auto climate systems always seemed to want to do the opposite of our preferences.
kerrton wrote:I agree 100%!! I think auto climate control is the most worthless invention, and it's just a selling feature because it sounds cool. I can see the beauty of dual-zone climate control, but the auto climate control isn't even automatic. I think "auto" climate control systems require MORE user input than non-auto, because it always seems to be doing something that you don't want it to. I'm glad the Rogue doesn't have it.

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

I saw a new Rogue commercial last night, and the features that were being hyped included a Garmin Nuvi GPS.

A check of the Nissan USA's Rogue page also shows a Garmin Nuvi in the bar on the bottom of the image. It links to the accessories page, but has nothing else about it.

Sounds to me like a last-minute addition. The "Current Offers" page didn't have anything either, but it appears to me that somebody in Nissan marketing decided the Rogue needed GPS, and needed it quickly. So I wonder if they ARE working on a permanent navigation solution in the near or distant future.

XRogue

It depends on which vehicle. I currently drive a Chevy Trailblazer and thinking of switching to the Rogue. The Trailblazer climate control is excellent! I had driven a Lexus with climate control and it wasn't great. Hopefully, if the Rogue comes out with Climate control, be it to be as good as my Trailblazer.

Leo2005

That option with Garmin Nissan added only because too many people complained that Rogue doesn't come with nav systems. In this case this is really cheap mod that I ever seen from manufacture by taking regular portable nav and connect it to the power with 2 wires. That's how I connected my valentine one radar to the dome light so its not gonna be too messy with wires. Nothing special.

redroguegal
Car: Nissan Rogue

I bet the 2009 has auto headlights.

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

Auto headlights was a very big omission on Nissan's part. I too hope that future models have it. Even if it's only on the SL.

boooey

Leo2005 wrote:That option with Garmin Nissan added only because too many people complained that Rogue doesn't come with nav systems. In this case this is really cheap mod that I ever seen from manufacture by taking regular portable nav and connect it to the power with 2 wires. That's how I connected my valentine one radar to the dome light so its not gonna be too messy with wires. Nothing special.
how do you know the details of the new GPS addition? do you have a picture?thanks!

i also read some info on the 2009 Rogue here --> http://consumerguideauto.howst...1.htm

Modified by boooey at 9:07 AM 6/16/2008
Modified by boooey at 9:10 AM 6/16/2008

boooey

will the GPS look like this?

Lewy
Car: Rogue

Nice is that the Altima?

boooey

Lewy wrote:Nice is that the Altima?
its actually the Rogue .. well the Euro version of the Rogue anyway (Nissan Qashqai)it already comes standard with a GPS.. so I am wondering if they will just implement this for the USA/Canadian 2009 versions

here is another shot of the GPS on it.. dam i wish th 2008 Rogues has this
Modified by boooey at 5:19 PM 6/16/2008

philipa_240sx

The Qashqai has been out in the UK since Sept '06. I wrote an FAQ back in march regarding the Rogue, Qashqai and Dualis:

zerothread/325465

boooey

i just saw that new Rogue commercial which shows the garmin GPS unit in it.it was really hard to see how they mounted it, but it does look like a Garmin was just screwed into the dash

Return to “Rogue Forum”